Untouchables on MDR menu

Matt

Escargots!!!! MY GOD, DO NOT THINK ABOUT TOUCHING THE ESCARGOTS!!!!!

EDIT: Unless there's actually a way to make them better. I mean, this is the head chef who actually made Sorrento's pizza fairly decent. Imagine what he can do with something that's already at the level of "OMG!"

20 hours ago, JLMoran said:

EDIT: Unless there's actually a way to make them better. I mean, this is the head chef who actually made Sorrento's pizza fairly decent. Imagine what he can do with something that's already at the level of "OMG!"

I hope they don't. I've never tried them and would really like to. I hope they leave the steak, shrimp cocktail, and the chicken caesar salad. You gotta have some "normal" things on the menu when you have kids and un-adventurous eaters. Though I do love all three of those things myself. :D

On 7/30/2020 at 4:11 PM, JLMoran said:

On 7/30/2020 at 8:42 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

^^^^ THIS.  THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES...THIS!!! ^^^^

never had escargots, was planning to try it on our cruise we had planned for this year.  I guess I am going to have to wait until next year.

3 hours ago, marti314 said:

I have to agree here.  7 night cruises, french onion EVERY night, that thick chunk of cheese is just amazing.

16 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

And oh so much better for you than the 8 tablespoons of butter on the escargots. ??

I see people are concerned about thick cuts of cheese and copious amounts of butter, but nobody is talking about all the calories consumed from the deluxe beverage package. HMM? ? 

3 minutes ago, FManke said:

I see people are concerned about thick cuts of cheese and copious amounts of butter, but nobody is talking about all the calories consumed from the deluxe beverage package. HMM? ? 

I think my 10+ whiskey on the rocks per day is still only about half the caloric intake of the French onion, thank you very much 

19 minutes ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

I think my 10+ whiskey on the rocks per day is still only about half the caloric intake of the French onion, thank you very much 

And my morning Bloody Mary, mid-day and post-lunch margaritas, 2 glasses of wine with dinner, and Baileys on the rocks with espresso shot don't hold a candle to that butter or cheese! ?

On 7/30/2020 at 6:11 PM, JLMoran said:

I enjoy Royal Caribbean's escargot, but it would be so much better if they added more fresh parsley.

On 7/30/2020 at 2:48 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Lamb shank (for Dan)

I had Lamb Shank for the first time ever on Vision last fall.  

I'm pretty unimaginative when it comes to eating, so I asked our waiter to choose something for me, and he recommended it.  I'm glad he did because it was awesome.  He brought another out for me without even asking because I ate the first one so quickly. ? 

As a butcher for 30+ years, I've sold a ton of lamb shanks but never thought about eating one before this.

• 2 weeks later...

Although there are a lot of things on the MDR menu I enjoy, one of the things I like most about it is the chance to try something I don't eat at home. I always try something I haven't or wouldn't normally eat at home. Whether it is an appetizer, salad or entrée. Being that the food is already paid for, I don't feel like it's a waste of money to try something I might not like.  

On 8/6/2020 at 7:57 PM, FManke said:

Calories from the DXP don't count at sea! lol