Post Amplification Oasis Chef's table

Anyone been on a chef's table on the amplified Oasis?   Curious on location.    Pre-amplification, there was a dining area that you entered through a nondescript door in the library.  I recently saw a TA Youtube tour that looks like its now in the Coastal Kitchen area.   Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We were on Oasis in Dec 19 and the CT was, indeed, set up in the CK.  We did not go to CT, but that’s where it was.  Not very special, IMO. 

Ouch - disappointing.  What was nice about the other location was the privacy.  It was a very good sized area and our dining party had it all to ourselves.  I booked CT next year on Oasis so being in the CK will make it a little less private for sure.   We did on on Liberty several years ago and they actually held it in a cordoned off area on the Windjammer.  Food was very good, but the location put the ice on us booking again on that ship (its since moved).

6 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

We did on on Liberty several years ago and they actually held it in a cordoned off area on the Windjammer.  Food was very good, but the location put the ice on us booking again on that ship (its since moved).

I did CT on Freedom in 2018. (Our first cruise!) For us, it was held in the MDR, on the large landing mid-way up the grand staircase. They set up a large round table big enough to seat 12 with room to spare.

Not only did we have no privacy, we had the full MDR crowd all around us on all three levels, through both dining time slots. We started at 6:30 and didn't wrap up until almost 10:00. I know we got a bunch of stares, especially from the people at tables right by the staircase on the top-most level, since all of us were dressed for formal night but it was a "casual" night in the MDR. And of course, our waiter was dressed in formal serving tux with the chef coming out and talking to us about each course before it was served. Nice way to advertise the CT experience to everyone there in the MDR! You can see the uppermost level of the MDR in the background here, with all the MTD guests.

1948528473_04-ChefDescribingCourse.thumb.jpg.df08df47b4d15d8addce37063a2fc44f.jpg

That said, the crowd all around us really wasn't anything that stands out in my memory. Much stronger memories of the food, the company and conversation, and my lord all that wine we got to enjoy!

Here's the view from our table, taken when the meal was all done and most of the late seating / last slot MTD guests had cleared out:

818959148_13-ViewofMDRfromtable.thumb.jpg.3c3cb4c7cd098ad672ce707961c9520e.jpg

5 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I did CT on Freedom in 2018. (Our first cruise!) For us, it was held in the MDR, on the large landing mid-way up the grand staircase. They set up a large round table big enough to seat 12 with room to spare.

Not only did we have no privacy, we had the full MDR crowd all around us on all three levels, through both dining time slots. We started at 6:30 and didn't wrap up until almost 10:00. I know we got a bunch of stares, especially from the people at tables right by the staircase on the top-most level, since all of us were dressed for formal night but it was a "casual" night in the MDR. And of course, our waiter was dressed in formal serving tux with the chef coming out and talking to us about each course before it was served. Nice way to advertise the CT experience to everyone there in the MDR! You can see the uppermost level of the MDR in the background here, with all the MTD guests.

1948528473_04-ChefDescribingCourse.thumb.jpg.df08df47b4d15d8addce37063a2fc44f.jpg

That said, the crowd all around us really wasn't anything that stands out in my memory. Much stronger memories of the food, the company and conversation, and my lord all that wine we got to enjoy!

Here's the view from our table, taken when the meal was all done and most of the late seating / last slot MTD guests had cleared out:

818959148_13-ViewofMDRfromtable.thumb.jpg.3c3cb4c7cd098ad672ce707961c9520e.jpg

That is most unfortunate.  Really wrecks the intimacy of the dinner experience - must have been really noisy too.

My favorite CT was on Anthem.  It was held in a private room in the back of Chops.  It was very private and intimate and we had some audacious guests that were a hoot !  We took everyone back to our Grand Loft Suite afterwards and had a party.  It was so much fun. Yen even joined us for a little while (she did not drink any alcohol though).

Probably the best setting we have had for CT was on Allure many years ago.  CT was in the upstairs area of the Diamond Lounge.  Beautiful setting.

29 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

That is most unfortunate.  Really wrecks the intimacy of the dinner experience - must have been really noisy too.

Honestly, I had a perfectly fine time. If you read the review I wrote here in the Dining forum, you won’t see any mention of noise or feeling like it was a bad experience.