Don't forget about Sorrento's pizza

10 hours ago, cruisellama said:

I think RCL does a good job with Sorento's.  I like the ability to have the "custom" pizza's made.

If other threads didn't do the trick, this is proof that we're truly missing cruising. We're talking about Sorrento's again! Let the love it/hate it debate begin! AGAIN!!!

:127_older_man:

On 7/28/2020 at 7:21 AM, HeWhoWaits said:

If other threads didn't do the trick, this is proof that we're truly missing cruising. We're talking about Sorrento's again! Let the love it/hate it debate begin! AGAIN!!!

:127_older_man:

I found it good on Allure and Indy.

On Harmony, it was what I call "replacement level" pizza - basically, it's that Chain Pizza Place (I'll not dignify them by saying "pizzeria") that you go to. Not because it's great pizza, but because it's convenient and you do not object to eating there.

I guess what I'm saying is that I had zero objections to eating it. Kind of wish they had Detroit style though.

On 7/27/2020 at 8:21 PM, cruisellama said:

I think RCL does a good job with Sorento's.  I like the ability to have the "custom" pizza's made.

On 7/28/2020 at 1:11 PM, ehw51 said:

Whether you love it or hate it it is always there to fill the void. I have learned to love it, the ability to grab a slice or 2 for a quick bite ANYTIME or ask for a special pie. I have grown to appreciate sorrento´s

OMG! It's 2AM, you've enjoyed that drink package a little too much, headed back to the room and the light shines from down the promenade ... SORRENTO'S!

One entire pie please for me and my friends ... But no one is behind you. ?

11 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

OMG! It's 2AM, you've enjoyed that drink package a little too much, headed back to the room and the light shines from down the promenade ... SORRENTO'S!

?

And in this exact situation, I have found that the beverages are still all available at these times. So ... if you want an ice cold draft to go with your pizza at 3 AM ... you can. Not saying it's a GOOD idea .... ??

37 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Papa John's

That is barely pizza, imo. If I were to rank chain pizza places I'd go:

1. Pizzaiolo (Toronto area chain)

2. Pizza Nova, Hut, -ville

3. Pizza Pizza (my replacement level)

4. Mamas. Little Caesar's

(Indeterminate ranking) Week old leftover pizza.

Infinity + 1. Domino's and Papa John's

Actually, the closest you're going to get from a chain is Little Caesar's "Deep Deep" pizza. The look is meant to be recognizable as a Detroit-style, but the taste is definitely Chain Pizza Place. 

1 hour ago, KWong said:

Actually, the closest you're going to get from a chain is Little Caesar's "Deep Deep" pizza. The look is meant to be recognizable as a Detroit-style, but the taste is definitely Chain Pizza Place. 

We also have Jet's Pizza chain here in Florida and in some other states. They have a really nice Detroit style pizza. Better than Little Caesar's in our opinion. 

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

One of the ++ of the Coronner...I have begun making my own pizza.  SOOOO much better when you make your own !

I cheat and use the premade dough (the ones in bags, not the one in tubes), but I agree - it's tasty, you can put what you want on there, and the kids have fun doing it.

OT, but I've also made garlic knots and sticky buns using the premade dough.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Zacharius said:

Yes, yes, but have you tried good pizza?? ?

#Chicago4Life

I tried the famous places for Deep Dish when I went to Chicago a decade ago but I'm not a fan of a lot of sauce (esp tomato sauce) so it's definitely not my jam. I enjoy deep dish only if I can get rid of all the tomato sauce. To each their own!

Lombardi's ricotta with sausage in NY was super delicious both times I went. Albeit that was also like a decade ago..

10 hours ago, RWDW1204 said:

What's wrong with provel? It's a St. Louis thing!??

First off, a "St Louis thing" is not necessarily bad. You've got Toasted Ravioli, Panera, and Bernie Federko, among others. 

But provel does not taste good on pizza. I'm sorry, it just doesn't.