Lift & Shift ?

Pooch

So most of you know we are booked on a 7 day western Caribbean on Rhapsody in an OS in March, 2021.  I am trying to understand L & S as it applies to that sailing.  If I L & S, I can book ANY 7 day sailing in 2022 within 4 weeks of my original sailing (so 2/20/22 through 4/20/22) as long as length and stateroom class remain the same?  Does this mean I could change to a 7 day WC out of PC on Harmony in an OS for the same price I am currently paying for the Rhapsody cruise?  Doesn’t sound right.  Can you all enlighten me ?‍♀️

And Harmony has a western Caribbean itinerary during that time frame.  Ports are a little different and port of origin is different but still a 7 day western Caribbean.  I guess my question is the OS on Harmony is at least twice as expensive as the one we have booked on rhapsody.  If I moved to that cruise, would I get the Harmony OS for what I paid for the Rhapsody OS.  Seems too good to be true.

12 minutes ago, Pooch said:

And Harmony has a western Caribbean itinerary during that time frame.  Ports are a little different and port of origin is different but still a 7 day western Caribbean.  I guess my question is the OS on Harmony is at least twice as expensive as the one we have booked on rhapsody.  If I moved to that cruise, would I get the Harmony OS for what I paid for the Rhapsody OS.  Seems too good to be true.

I just L&S from April 2021 to April 2022.  We were booked in a villa suite on Liberty and being there is only 1 on a ship I was told that Symphony and Harmony would be an option if a villa was available 30 days either side of my original sail date.  My understanding is they would have to lock in my price even If I switched to a Star class suite on the bigger ships.  Of course, no villas were available so it didn't happen.  I rebooked on Liberty and it all worked out.  

Long story short, your price should be locked in even if you are able to upgrade.

17 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Ok that’s crazy!!  That would be Harmony for barely half price.  Looks like time to talk to the TA and the family again.

It's definitely possible to L&S and go from non-OA class to OA class and get the additional suite benefits.  I've heard of quite a few like this already.  The best one was still the one where someone went from the RL on Indy to the RLS on Oasis.  Extra benefits and a way better room!  I think at first they were really strict with what they were Lift and Shifting but it seems that the more time that goes by, the more lenient they have become.

Good luck with yours.

5 hours ago, Pooch said:

So the answer is yes, HARMONY OS for the price of the Rhapsody OS?  If I did this, I could conceivably rebook the cruise I have now and kick in Harmony for next year for dirt cheap.

We were booked in a 2 BR Grand Suite on Explorer foe September 2020 on 9 night Greek Isles Cruise. On the 1st day they announced lift and shift in May, we shifted to 9 night Greek Isles on Odyssey in 2BR Grand Suite in October 2021. The 2BR Grand Suite would have cost an additional $6000 more if we had not L&S and got the same price we would have paid for our cruise this year. There are definitely some benefits it it works for you. 

7 hours ago, Pooch said:

Were booked in an owners suite on serenade out of syd to NZ next Jan and we L & S to owners suite on ovation NZ in Feb 2022. original price was $8K new price $14K but under L & S Terms we are not required to pay the difference. 

Just jumping in on this thread instead of starting a new one....

If my cruise was cancelled before Lift and Shift was offered, and I have the unused FCC I was given for the cancellation...can I exchange that FCC for the Lift and Shift and just have them move my previously cancelled cruise ahead one year.?

10 minutes ago, Buzzard05 said:

Just jumping in on this thread instead of starting a new one....

If my cruise was cancelled before Lift and Shift was offered, and I have the unused FCC I was given for the cancellation...can I exchange that FCC for the Lift and Shift and just have them move my previously cancelled cruise ahead one year.?

No, I don't think so.

49 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Emily was able to move our 7 day Rhapsody March 2021 to a 7 day on Harmony for March 2022 with no up charge?.  Still feel like this is too good to be true but I am shaking I’m so excited.  Ok tell me about Harmony and Sky Class suites!!!

Great deal !  So glad it worked out for you.  Harmony is awesome