I did what I said I wouldn’t do!

Jill

.......put down another deposit. ? Good grief. Our May Symphony was canceled, so rebooked for October with FCC, which will likely be canceled. Can’t Lift and Shift because we already have Odyssey booked for next October. 

This itinerary is rarely offered: St Thomas, St Maarten (our favorite), CocoCay. Next date: May 29, 2021. Start “browsing” availability. Hardly anything left. Panic! Go from JS this past May to oversized balcony October down to regular balcony next May. Call friends who we are booked with. Scan cabins. Find 2 together and bingo zippy, we are booked. I SWORE I would not give them anymore “real” money. Fail. (It is a refundable deposit ?

Hi, my name is Jill and I’m a cruisaholic. 

It took over 75 days to get my refund for my last non-cruise so the sting is still very real to me. It would take a lot of time and forgetting the last experience for me to give RCI any money. I swore I would never give them money until they start cruising again and at the moment I’m standing by that. Count me on the I’m on the #nomoneyRCI train. We’ll see how long that lasts when the 2022 cruises get posted in the fall. 

Totally get it.  We have 3 cruises booked next year and one booked 2022 (well, 2 as we are double booked).

I have two logical reasons for it:

1. Price protection.  If we wait for things to start up again, then the cost may be $$$ and staterooms sold out.  By booking now, we get a better price (not going to say good as prices in general are high), can watch for price drops and of course stateroom selection comes into play.
  2. Something to look forward to - It sucks as most of us have booked and then had our vacations cancelled.  It's a horrible feeling when you look forward to something for so long and them bam.  By having cruises booked, we can at least look forward to them and plan.  Of course, these may be cancelled too, but for me, it still helps having something in the works.  Some of our cruises have been booked since the day the dates opened.  One has been lifted and shifted.  And one is a backup plan in case further disappointment. 

I think we all get it.

I'm in the same boat. Keep booking cruises and watch them go south (not literally). Ahhh well, at some point this will all be a memory. My thinking is at some point everybody is going to want to cruise and fly.....you'll find everything booked up. Might as well try to get ahead of that......

I cancelled one this week, the FCC from May rolled to September but wont be available to cover the Oct cruise until next week.

I asked for an extension until they issued the FCC, they said no, so i cancelled.

Now they owe me back $1000 in cruise planner purchases instead of waiting a week.

Somehow i think it will be available to rebook next week when the FCC is available so i guess i will be booking again soon but i'm not putting more money in the tank for now.

@Jill  I to belong to this club! I was feeling a certain sort of angry as my refunds were non existent. I was like that's it, no more! (3 cancellations by RCCL) Okay breathe, relax outside, using my RCCL cups, oh I miss sailing so much! Wait I am not liking the latest Fain video, he speaks but amazingly says nothing....am I ever going to be refunded my April 2020 Cruise Planner Purchases??  Still waiting for a few thousand....oh wait, an FCC.... Hello Sharla, MEI please book me on the Symphony CLS #Teamdeck17 May 29, 2021!

Wait, another FCC, maybe if even if the slightest chance, ring ring Sharla, can you book me on the Mariner Thanksgiving 2020? If it does not go I have another in my mind waiting for my deposit. I always had Allure August 1, 2021 but then I also snagged the last available CLS on the Oasis Thanksgiving 2021, not over the water facing the sports court (not feeling that) BUT #Teamdeck17 so..... Hi, my name is Denise and I too am a cruiseaholic!! 

Special shout out to all of the enablers on this blog, to many to name!!!

cruise ship summer GIF by Hallmark Channel

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

@Jill  I too belong to this club! I was feeling a certain sort of angry as my refunds were non existent. I was like that's it, no more! (3 cancellations by RCCL) Okay breathe, relax outside, using my RCCL cups, oh I miss sailing so much! Wait I am not liking the latest Fain video, he speaks but amazingly says nothing....am I ever going to be refunded my April 2020 Cruise Planner Purchases??  Still waiting for a few thousand....oh wait, an FCC.... Hello Sharla, MEI please book me on the Symphony CLS #Teamdeck17 May 29, 2021!

Wait, another FCC, maybe if even if the slightest chance, ring ring Sharla, can you book me on the Mariner Thanksgiving 2020? If it does not go I have another in my mind waiting for my deposit. I always had Allure August 1, 2021 but then I also snagged the last available CLS on the Oasis Thanksgiving 2021, not over the water facing the sports court (not feeling that) BUT #Teamdeck17 so..... Hi, my name is Denise and I too am a cruiseaholic!! 

Special shout out to all of the enablers on this blog, to many to name!!!

cruise ship summer GIF by Hallmark Channel

Well if we end up on Symphony May 29, we will have to celebrate with a glass of champagne or maybe a bottle! One for me and one for you! ? 

I just sent my reservation to Sharla this morning to move to her. 

1 hour ago, Jill said:

Well if we end up on Symphony May 29, we will have to celebrate with a glass of champagne or maybe a bottle! One for me and one for you! ? 

I just sent my reservation to Sharla this morning to move to her. 

YESSSSSS!!!!

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 9:29 PM, Jill said:

.......put down another deposit. ? Good grief. Our May Symphony was canceled, so rebooked for October with FCC, which will likely be canceled. Can’t Lift and Shift because we already have Odyssey booked for next October. 

This itinerary is rarely offered: St Thomas, St Maarten (our favorite), CocoCay. Next date: May 29, 2021. Start “browsing” availability. Hardly anything left. Panic! Go from JS this past May to oversized balcony October down to regular balcony next May. Call friends who we are booked with. Scan cabins. Find 2 together and bingo zippy, we are booked. I SWORE I would not give them anymore “real” money. Fail. (It is a refundable deposit ?

Hi, my name is Jill and I’m a cruisaholic. 

Are you following me? LOL I decided to forego the Oct. sailing and book for the end of May as well. I'm just waiting for my credits to hit. We may all have to sit and have a celebratory drink. :13_upside_down: 

1 hour ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

Are you following me? LOL I decided to forego the Oct. sailing and book for the end of May as well. I'm just waiting for my credits to hit. We may all have to sit and have a celebratory drink. :13_upside_down: 

Lol......you followed me first booking October! One day we WILL get on this ship! You, me and @Neesa will definitely have a toast! 

I say if it makes you feel better to book a cruise, then by all means BOOK ONE!  I find a little euphoria available just by doing research, comparing prices, ships, itineraries, etc! It's been a long year with more to go and I'm assuming most of you are going to end up just like me, cruiseless for 2020. The way I see it...I can channel my thoughts away from COVID, away from work, away from other issues and just focus on this hypothetical small time we call a vacation. Even if it doesn't "happen," due to circumstances beyond my control, I still enjoyed the process. 

On 7/25/2020 at 8:34 PM, Baked Alaska said:

If RCG would just release past April 2022, I might pull the trigger. Waiting for RCB Group Cruise announcements, too. I have the knack for booking suites and THEN @Matt announces the next group cruise(s).

That would be really nice if they could see fit to release them early, especially with the Lift and Shift. It would also help people plan, and besides, what else do they have to do!!! We're not asking for much.

I don't think RCG wants to release the 2022 early for a lot of reasons. L&S is good to keep those of us who have had cancelled cruises on the hook. But RCG wants to make money in 2022, so I imagine they will roll it out in the fall so they can charge full price for those cruises. Another reason is that things aren't clear. We can hope 2021 will be a great year but who knows.....what if certain ports stay closed? It is better for them to release the itineraries after they have commenced sailing. I am sure with all the logistics, it cost them to change things around.

15 hours ago, Jill said:

Lol......you followed me first booking October! One day we WILL get on this ship! You, me and @Neesa will definitely have a toast! 

LOL Maybe we are all just walking in a circle. Sure feels that way with the bookings. I am determined to get my family on a cruise. Hopefully our first one will be Navigator in Feb. :100_pray:

18 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I don't think RCG wants to release the 2022 early for a lot of reasons. L&S is good to keep those of us who have had cancelled cruises on the hook. But RCG wants to make money in 2022, so I imagine they will roll it out in the fall so they can charge full price for those cruises. Another reason is that things aren't clear. We can hope 2021 will be a great year but who knows.....what if certain ports stay closed? It is better for them to release the itineraries after they have commenced sailing. I am sure with all the logistics, it cost them to change things around.

You may be right. The CDC can say we are good to cruise anytime it wants, but if ports are closed we still aren't going anywhere.