CDC Wants Our Feedback

6 hours ago, gatorskin76 said:

And it turned out that the Marlin players went out to the bars and got infected.  They played a game against the Phillies with tons of infected Marlins and not a single Phillies' player tested positive.  Now, that being said, I am sure that whatever protocols the cruise lines have might not be followed by all, but the MLB players didn't follow their protocols.  The stadium wasn't the vector of spread.

That's sort of the point.  I get it.  People are tired of the current situation.  People don't want to follow protocols, people want their lives back.  If pro sports teams won't follow protocols for their million dollar jobs what makes anyone think cruisers who aren't being paid millions of dollars to sail will? 

Four additional Marlins have now tested positive and now two Philly staffers have tested positive after playing the Marlins.   The role the stadium played isn't fully know yet but certainly appears like it could be the vector unless the Philly staff joined the Marlin team at the bar.   Were all 17 infected Marlins and the 2 Phillies at the bar?  Or did the Philly staff break protocol as well unrelated to the Marlins breaking protocol?  That's probably worse.

Baseball parks don't generate the virus anymore than cruise ships generate the virus.  It's humans that bring it to these venues.  Humans who want to live free despite the best protocols will do stupid stuff because they think they know better and it doesn't matter if they don't follow protocol.  If professionals in very small groups can't get it done there is no way the cruising public in much larger numbers can.  

In this case they shut down the team and forced another team to cancel games until more could be tested.  Now they are talking of the Marlins being placed into a bubble.  Do you want to be on a ship that is shut down and placed in a bubble because a few cruisers didn't follow protocol?  Another word for bubble is quarantine.  

"In a statement, Marlins CEO Derek Jeter said the team is "having a difficult time enduring this experience" while isolating and quarantining in Philadelphia."  That doesn't sound like a fun cruise experience to me.  

Until a community can get get their numbers right there can be no cruising involving that community.  The CDC knows this reality.  

12 hours ago, twangster said:

That's sort of the point.  I get it.  People are tired of the current situation.  People don't want to follow protocols, people want their lives back.  If pro sports teams won't follow protocols for their million dollar jobs what makes anyone think cruisers who aren't being paid millions of dollars to sail will? 

Four additional Marlins have now tested positive and now two Philly staffers have tested positive after playing the Marlins.   The role the stadium played isn't fully know yet but certainly appears like it could be the vector unless the Philly staff joined the Marlin team at the bar.   Were all 17 infected Marlins and the 2 Phillies at the bar?  Or did the Philly staff break protocol as well unrelated to the Marlins breaking protocol?  That's probably worse.

Baseball parks don't generate the virus anymore than cruise ships generate the virus.  It's humans that bring it to these venues.  Humans who want to live free despite the best protocols will do stupid stuff because they think they know better and it doesn't matter if they don't follow protocol.  If professionals in very small groups can't get it done there is no way the cruising public in much larger numbers can.  

In this case they shut down the team and forced another team to cancel games until more could be tested.  Now they are talking of the Marlins being placed into a bubble.  Do you want to be on a ship that is shut down and placed in a bubble because a few cruisers didn't follow protocol?  Another word for bubble is quarantine.  

"In a statement, Marlins CEO Derek Jeter said the team is "having a difficult time enduring this experience" while isolating and quarantining in Philadelphia."  That doesn't sound like a fun cruise experience to me.  

Until a community can get get their numbers right there can be no cruising involving that community.  The CDC knows this reality.  

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but that isn't what the post I responded to stated.  You made the point that even though they had all the protocols there was still an outbreak, and you mentioned the number of people in the stadium.  I was merely pointing out the protocols are pointless if they aren't followed.  It's hard to say if the Phillies staff members got it from the Marlins, given there is no bubble it's hard to say.  Chances are one them got it and then gave it to the other one.  Could have been from the grocery store for all we know.

20 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

Yup in BC our schools will be bubbles within bubbles. Bubbles don't necessarily mean quarantine. Just a group of people not mingling with another group. I think that in order for US cruises to resume as at this point I'm confident Asia will resume before most do with the exception of some sail to no where out of the EU... bubbles work. It's an interesting concept. And yeah if a team in a bubble can't prevent its players from not following the bubble theres a trickle down effect. 

Just to clarify on the MLB part of this, they didn't have bubbles.  I am sure they had restrictions on activities the players could participate in, but they didn't institute a bubble.  I can't see how bubbles in a cruise ship environment would work.  The benefit of the bubble is that you are interacting with the same group of people and are isolated from others, but if you are still using the same common areas as other bubbles, then I am not sure you are going to prevent "community spread" outside of that bubble.  It's probably better to isolate if there is an issue, but on a cruise ship I am not sure how much additional benefit you would get.  In the NBA bubble, no one comes in and no one leaves their restricted areas.  Having bubbles traveling around in the same areas wouldn't have the same effect.