Cruise With Confidence extended!!!!

Questions:

1.  Let's say that I cancel a few days beforehand.  Am I realistically going to get the same value in 11 months (as an example) knowing that prices tend to increase the closer one gets to the sailing date?

2.  What is lift and ship?  I see it mentioned quite often on the boards but I haven't seen an explanation of what it is.

37 minutes ago, TempoGL said:

Questions:

1.  Let's say that I cancel a few days beforehand.  Am I realistically going to get the same value in 11 months (as an example) knowing that prices tend to increase the closer one gets to the sailing date?

2.  What is lift and ship?  I see it mentioned quite often on the boards but I haven't seen an explanation of what it is.

1.  Probably not, as prices tend to increase over time...which leads to...

2.  Lift & Shift is a program that allows you to move your cruise out 1 year with price protection.  That means that you would lift &shift your Nov 2020 cruise to Nov 2021 (for example) at the same price you paid for 2021.  You now have until Sept 30 to make such a move, if you want to.  There are a couple of restrictions but overall, it’s an excellent program for people who want to postpone their cruise or for those who have already had their cruise(s) cancelled.

I really wish they’d apply Lift and Shift to the first round of cancellations. I feel screwed lol. Our May Symphony was canceled. No Lift and Shift back then so took the 125% FCC and rebooked for October 2020. Which now will most likely be canceled. Can’t Lift and Shift October cruise because we already have Odyssey booked October 2021. 

Now looking at booking May 29, 2021 Symphony to replace October which replaced May and if they would have had L&S back when our May Symphony was canceled, we could have moved it. 

Im sure once the stupid FCC is re-issued from the likely canceled October cruise, prices will be higher for May 2021. Grrrr......

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

1.  Probably not, as prices tend to increase over time...which leads to...

2.  Lift & Shift is a program that allows you to move your cruise out 1 year with price protection.  That means that you would lift &shift your Nov 2020 cruise to Nov 2021 (for example) at the same price you paid for 2021.  You now have until Sept 30 to make such a move, if you want to.  There are a couple of restrictions but overall, it’s an excellent program for people who want to postpone their cruise or for those who have already had their cruise(s) cancelled.

The problem with lift and shift is that in many cases it has no value for higher value rooms with limited inventory. There’s no where for me to move my November sailing. 

1 hour ago, Andrew72681 said:

The problem with lift and shift is that in many cases it has no value for higher value rooms with limited inventory. There’s no where for me to move my November sailing. 

Although I remain optimistic that it will sail, I explored possible L&S for our Feb 2021 Star Class Anthem sailing from Bayonne. The only option in the system was the Enchantment out of Baltimore. The itinerary length was the same, the itinerary was different as was the room class. Certainly not an attractive trade for the cost. Perhaps there would be additional options, but I see no where to move that cruise at this point.

54 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ugh. That’s a horrible option. I would hope that they would make more options for a Star a Class....but of course we know that it didn’t happen for @twangster

Just imagine how many FCC's @twangster is having to keep track of ? The kind of stuff from which spreadsheets are made.

I did a L&S on one of our cruises where the price on the new sailing was cheaper. In this case it is much easier to get them to move the cruise rather than doing a L&S.

I made the mistake of thinking it would update to the lower price but I had to spend quite a bit of time of the phone with them to sort it out. In the end I just got them to honour the lowest price guarantee. 

18 hours ago, SteveinSC said:

Cant tell you how much better I feel, knowing that if we cancel our cruise in March (or it gets canceled on us), we have till April of 22 to get it in.  

This doesn't affect your situation, but Am I wrong: I thought in the past CWC language you had until 12/31/2021 to book and 04/30/22 (or some time in 2022) to sail by when using your FCC or 12 months from cancellation. In the new CWC policy it says book and SAIL by 12/31/21 or 12 months from cancellation. Did this change? Or was I remembering wrong? 

1 hour ago, Kathleen said:

This doesn't affect your situation, but Am I wrong: I thought in the past CWC language you had until 12/31/2021 to book and 04/30/22 (or some time in 2022) to sail by when using your FCC or 12 months from cancellation. In the new CWC policy it says book and SAIL by 12/31/21 or 12 months from cancellation. Did this change? Or was I remembering wrong? 

The "use by" dates haven't changed (I don't think).  It's the time that you have to initiate the CWC/L&S that has been extended.  The old date was 7/31/20 and now that has been extended to 9/30/20...so basically an additional 2 months to decide if you want to cancel on your own (for which you would receive only FCC) or L&S your cruise 1 year into the future (with full price protection).

15 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The "use by" dates haven't changed (I don't think).  It's the time that you have to initiate the CWC/L&S that has been extended.  The old date was 7/31/20 and now that has been extended to 9/20/20...so basically an additional 2 months to decide if you want to cancel on your own (for which you would receive only FCC) or L&S your cruise 1 year into the future (with full price protection).

All extensions of those policies are good things but Am I correct that previously you had to book by 12/31/21 but could sail by a certain date in 2022 for use of FCC issued with CWC? Or am I not remembering that correctly? The new policy says book and sail by 12/31/21.  Below is what RC posted on Twitter this morning. 

B60E4D8B-D1F7-409A-8A8C-4D98A59D3E50.png

15 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

All extensions of those policies are good things but Am I correct that previously you had to book by 12/31/21 but could sail by a certain date in 2022 for use of FCC issued with CWC? Or am I not remembering that correctly? The new policy says book and sail by 12/31/21.  Below is what RC posted on Twitter this morning. 

Yeah, you're right.  You used to have to book by 12/3/121 and sail by 4/30/22.  I wonder if this is a typo on the extension.  I can't imagine that they are shortening the time to actually use the FCC.  Good catch.

35 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yeah, you're right.  You used to have to book by 12/3/121 and sail by 4/30/22.  I wonder if this is a typo on the extension.  I can't imagine that they are shortening the time to actually use the FCC.  Good catch.

image.thumb.png.b967ec64c39924d851e0ccd7a60d3e77.png

Its a moving window, to use. The key take away (i think) is that if you booked before Sept. 30th, for ANY sailing between now and April 30, 2022....you have 48 hours before embarkation to cancel.  If you do, you have until Dec. 31, 2021 OR 12 months to use it (so if you canceled an April 30th 2022 sailing on April 27, youd have till your cancel date of April 27th 2023. Maybe im misunderstanding, but thats my take? 

• Future Cruise Credits are valid through December 31st, 2021 or 12 months after the date that you cancelled your original sailing (whichever is longer) and can be used for any open sailings at the time of booking, 12 months from your cancel date.

image.png

1 hour ago, Kathleen said:

I would have until march of 2022 to get it in....close enough. They give you 12 months after your cancel date. 

59 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So, I thought the same, that it might me a typo, and decided to tweet RC who had just posted, and their answer was: "The book by and sail by date FCC being given under our CWC policy has always been 12/31/21. I apologize if previous wording caused any confusion." So I thought maybe I had understood incorrectly previously or maybe there is a differentiation between FCC being given to cruisers whose cruises were canceled by RCI and who chose FCC instead of refund as opposed to those who canceled themselves under CWC. According to their reply, that is what it seems. I just thought it seemed an interesting change in language. I am not affected by it currently, as I lifted and shifted my Septmeber/October 2020 cruise as soon as they announced that policy as I was unsure I would be comfortable with cruising in October (turns out my end of September cruise would have been cancelled by RC anyway). In thinking about it further, there won't be many it affects because if cruises don't start until at least October, most CWC cancellations will be after the new year and the length will be longer under "the 12 months from cancellation" portion.