Is This A Sign Of Confirmation Of No Cruises Well Into 2021 ????

Star Trek: The Cruise V, supposed to be Mar 7, 2021 – Sun, Mar 14, 2021. But received an email that it was cancelled & rescheduled to February 26 – March 5, 2022 !!  BUMMER!!! There goes my hopes for the Christmas/New Year's Cruise!!

Star Trek The Cruise V
IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Rescheduling Star Trek: The Cruise V
We hope you and your families are safe, healthy and navigating these uncertain times with great strength and resolve. You are on our minds and we look forward to gathering soon to celebrate our shared love of Star Trek on The Un-Conventional Voyage!

We've made it clear from the beginning that Star Trek: The Cruise's core mission is to deliver the most unique and immersive Trek experience in the universe. Underlying that mission is our commitment to always ensure the health and safety of our guests, staff and celebrity crew.

The current climate regarding cruising creates too much uncertainty for Star Trek: The Cruise in 2021. After careful consideration, including consultation with our partners at Royal Caribbean, we have decided to reschedule the 2021 sailing for 2022.

The good news is Royal Caribbean has worked with us to ensure that the 5th Mission aboard Star Trek: The Cruise will be extraordinary. We have a revitalized ship, an amazing itinerary, your celebrity crew is all onboard and your Mission Orders will be more exciting than ever.

• New Dates: February 26 – March 5, 2022, departing Port Canaveral (Orlando), Florida.

• New Ship: Royal Caribbean's renovated Mariner of the Seas.

• New Ports: Nassau, Bahamas; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Philipsburg, St. Maarten.

• Your Celebrity Crew Is Onboard: We are thrilled to announce that Star Trek: The Cruise V's celebrity crew, featuring George Takei and Walter Koenig from The Original Series plus stars from every quadrant of the Star Trek world, has all committed to sail with us on the new dates. Stay tuned as we announce more stars and more entertainment in the coming months!

With a revitalized ship, new destinations, all of your favorite stars and more time to program the most unique voyage to date, Star Trek: The Cruise V is a bright star on the horizon!

Click here to check out all of the awesome details on the new Star Trek: The Cruise website, including the extraordinary celebrity crew and the world-renowned entertainment, events and activities. To be there for all of the action, secure your cabin when Open Booking begins at 10 a.m. Central Time on July 28! Since we don't hit the high seas until 2022, your extended payment plan will make the cruise more affordable than ever. If you have questions, our Guest Services team is ready to help at 844.335.6515.

We want to thank our partners at Royal Caribbean for working with us to facilitate our move to the new dates and new ship. We are very lucky to work with such a professional and dedicated team.

While we are disappointed that the sailing must be delayed, we remain guided solely by our commitment to your safety, enjoyment and doing the right thing. In 2022, we will boldly take The Un-Conventional Voyage to even greater heights and into uncharted territories. We are grateful for your loyalty and look forward to sailing with you!

LLAP!
Star Trek The Cruise V - Lineup

And another similar themed cruise re-schedule...

The 80s Cruise will be even better in 2022. Thank you for your patience, trust and loyalty.
The 80s Cruise
IMPORTANT UPDATE:
Rescheduling The 80s Cruise
We hope you and your families are safe, healthy and navigating these uncertain times with great strength and resolve. You are on our minds and we look forward to gathering soon to celebrate our shared love of the greatest decade ever at The Ultimate 80s Party!

We've made it clear from the beginning that The 80s Cruise's core mission is to deliver the most radical and jam-packed 80s experience in the world. Underlying that mission is our commitment to always ensure the health and safety of our guests, staff and artists.

The current climate regarding cruising creates too much uncertainty for The 80s Cruise in 2021. After careful consideration, including consultation with our partners at Royal Caribbean, we have decided to reschedule the 2021 sailing for 2022.

The good news is Royal Caribbean has worked with us to ensure that Year 6 of The 80s Cruise will be awesome. We have a revitalized ship, an amazing itinerary, your rock star lineup of musicians and 80s icons is all onboard and the party will be bigger than ever.

New Dates: March 5 – March 12, 2022, departing Port Canaveral, Florida.

New Ship: Royal Caribbean's renovated Mariner of the Seas.

New Ports: Nassau, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten.

Your Rock Star Lineup Is Onboard: We are thrilled to announce that The 80s Cruise's lineup – headlined by The Human League, 38 Special, Berlin featuring Terri Nunn, Belinda Carlisle, Morris Day & The Time, ABC, DSL Dire Straits Legacy and many more – has all committed to sail with us on the new dates. Stay tuned as we announce more entertainment in the coming months!

With a revitalized ship, new destinations, all of your favorite bands back together, drink packages on us and more time for our party planners to throw The Ultimate 80s Party, The 80s Cruise '22 is a totally radical star lighting up the horizon!

Click here to check out all of the awesome details on The 80s Cruise's new website, including the full lineup and radical rundown of the entertainment, events and activities. To be there for all of the action, secure your stateroom when Open Booking begins at 10 a.m. Central Time on July 28! Since we don't hit the high seas until 2022, your extended payment plan will make the cruise more affordable than ever. If you have questions, our Guest Services team is ready to help at 844.384.8080.

We want to thank our partners at Royal Caribbean for working with us to facilitate our move to the new dates and new ship. We are very lucky to work with such a professional and dedicated team.

While we are disappointed that the sailing must be delayed, we remain guided solely by our commitment to your safety, enjoyment and doing the right thing. In 2022, The Ultimate 80s Party will be bigger and louder than ever. We are grateful for your loyalty and look forward to sailing with you!

Rock On!
The 80s Cruise Lineup844.384.8080 - Book Now
CONNECT WITH US:
Facebook Twitter
View in a browser | Update your email preferences | Unsubscribe

Entertainment Cruise Productions (ECP) only sends promotional emails to those who request them. ECP respects your privacy and will not share or sell your email address. View our privacy policy.

To help ensure delivery of future announcements, please add [email protected] to your address book or approved senders’ list.

Entertainment Cruise Productions
165 N. Meramec, Suite 325
St. Louis, MO 63105

www.ecpcruises.com

Entertainment Cruise Productions

I'm torn because I could see sailings not happening or very limited until the spring season begins (late March / April).

However, my random opinion, I wouldn't use themed cruises as a guide to what the industry will be doing. They want to fill the ship, they want it to be fun and safe for everyone and know even if ships are sailing first quarter it'll be limited capacity, lots of regulations, and only crazy cruise nuts like us will want to sail. A lot of variables, I think it was smart for them to do their own L&S, personally. 

That Star Trek charter looks so dang fun.....I mean the 80s one is also pretty rad. But I agree that this is not a sign, as conventions need to be overcapacity to make it worth it. Any cruise that features a theme or something like that has to be full to make it worth it as they are already a sort of specialized rate. Plus socializing at these types of things is number 1, so social distancing can't be involved.

Just my opinion, but I think more than anything, this shows that its not worth sinking money, time, energy into a 2021 BIG GROUP cruise that may not end up being a BIG GROUP. I think, believe, have faith that cruising will resume by 2021, but they wont be full or close to full. These huge group cruise things are expensive to organize, and its just not cost effective if you cant max it out. 

I check the website daily.  That is the first sign of the company cutting off the sailings.

I am waiting for my 10/4 sailing on Harmony to be cancelled so I can get my money back.  Not even booking anything else until I physically put my eyes on people getting on ships.

We can all thank the sea dee sea for their over reach in this.  I am all about safety first, but this has gotten out of control.

40 minutes ago, SandyW said:

We can all thank the sea dee sea for their over reach in this.

As others before me have already said, huge group charters - on any cruise line - are no indication of anything, EXCEPT for one thing:  Marketing.
Not the CDC.... just plain marketing.

They have to sell a full charter/ship. They have to get people to want to sail and book.

If they move their charter bookings from 2021 to 2022, it has more to do with their lack of confidence that they can SELL Spring 2021 full group cruises. To a lesser extent, since they are selling an EVENT with celebrities onboard, the celebrities themselves need to “buy into” and show up too.

If enough people don’t want to buy into cruising in the coming months, these groups won’t sell... simple.

Beyond charter cruises, you’re kidding yourself if you think that the CDC has more impact on the future of cruising than the industry’s own market analyses do. Cruise lines will begin cruising when and how they can make money at it again, with where they can go and who they can sell their cruises to.

Die-hard fans will not fill a theme cruise soon. Die-hard cruisers won’t be able to fill ships either.

17 minutes ago, GrandmaAirplane said:

Beyond charter cruises, you’re kidding yourself if you think that the CDC has more impact on the future of cruising than the industry’s own market analyses do. Cruise lines will begin cruising when and how they can make money at it again, with where they can go and who they can sell their cruises to.

Ummmm....if CDC didn't have an impact on current or future cruises, then why aren't we cruising????? Why aren't the U.S. ports open??? Cruise lines ONLY have say of when they start cruising WHEN & IF the CDC gives the okay to lift the NO SAIL ORDER and U.S. ports are re-opened. Marketing has diddly-squat to do with the current situation or re-opening of any U.S. ports.

I would say this will be the norm....a lot of people and groups dont want to make plans and book a cruise and then have to cancel/refund/reschedule things ...

Its been a pain on a personal level having 2 cancelled....we wont book another cruise till its 100% up and running..not taking the chance or frustration...….

Realistically it will be probably 2022 till things start to feel like "normal"....and assuming another health issue (flu, cold, virus etc) doesn't pop up before then....

On 7/22/2020 at 8:36 AM, princevaliantus said:

Ummmm....if CDC didn't have an impact on current or future cruises, then why aren't we cruising????? Why aren't the U.S. ports open??? Cruise lines ONLY have say of when they start cruising WHEN & IF the CDC gives the okay to lift the NO SAIL ORDER and U.S. ports are re-opened. Marketing has diddly-squat to do with the current situation or re-opening of any U.S. ports.

You said that a whole lot better than I could have.  There is a huge push by all the cruise lines to get your money way ahead of the sail date right now.  The theme cruises are especially eager to get the money ahead and get everything fully booked.  

The CDC has 100% control.  To say it does not, that is not an accurate statement.  In fact, other countries, like the smaller ones down in the Caribbean are following the CDC and the suggestions about masks, social distancing, etc.  They do this because they can't afford to fund their own CDC.  And they are also not reopening yet either.  

Worse yet is that all the cases that are false positive and how this is perceived globally is also causing it's own issues.  Other countries do not want American tourists because it looks like we do not have anything under control.  

The CDC is not stopping cruising in other markets. Only in U.S. waters.

Princess and others realize that the pandemic is far from over, and not enough people will be able to or willing to cruise soon... no matter where on the oceans it may be.

Monctonguy, you keep on complaining about your cancelled cruises and inability to travel right now. Count yourself lucky that you live in a province that is not playing Russian roulette with your life... I honestly don’t think that you fully realize what this “novel” disease does to otherwise healthy bodies in the medium-to-long-term, or how deadly it is to many vulnerable people. You are indeed lucky enough to not have people around you deal with this crap first-hand.

I find it quite abhorrent that some cruisers are very willing to risk their own families and communities to be exposed to this nasty virus, just because *you* feel fine, and *you* don’t like to be told to do anything, and *you* are pissed to have your travel and vacation plans denied. You want to board your ship and enjoy your vacay, period. The real possibility of bringing home COVID-19 is “an exaggeration or false threat that is just meant to keep you afraid,” according to so many posts on this forum. 

Seriously, those of you who keep insisting that this pandemic is not as serious as it is are fools.

If we get canceled again, then I'm keeping the money and not rebooking. I willingly shifted my October rebooking to May because it would just work out better for our schedules and I'm not so sure about October sailings right now. However, I don't think that this will go on too much past October. The cruise lines can't handle that much loss, especially with the holiday season being big business for them usually. I still think we are making a mountain out of a molehill (that is my opinion, please don't try and fight me because I'm done fighting), however, we still have to deal with the situation at hand. Which is when will vacations be ok again?

3 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

It's because the CDC does not have  jurisdiction in any International country or waters. The CDC only has jurisdiction in the US and US waters.

My point exactly - can’t blame the CDC for cruises not yet resuming in other markets (except for a just a handful of ships.)

On 7/21/2020 at 10:10 PM, sk8erguy1978 said:

I'm torn because I could see sailings not happening or very limited until the spring season begins (late March / April).

However, my random opinion, I wouldn't use themed cruises as a guide to what the industry will be doing. They want to fill the ship, they want it to be fun and safe for everyone and know even if ships are sailing first quarter it'll be limited capacity, lots of regulations, and only crazy cruise nuts like us will want to sail. A lot of variables, I think it was smart for them to do their own L&S, personally. 

I think themed cruises need a far higher capacity and maybe the cruise lines can't afford to third party the insurance. I wouldn't use this too as any barometer of where we will be in Q1 2021