Future Cruise Credit Certificates - Balance Verification

Hi!  Does anyone know of a web site to verify the balance on future cruise credit certificates?  I had applied some to a canceled cruise, and my understanding is that they would be reactivated as I opted for a cash refund of the additional payments made on the new cruise (quite nominal....did not want to mess with limitations over a small difference).  I want to check on the old numbers to see when active so I can reach out to a travel agent with everything ready to go.

Thanks!

J

12 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

Hi!  Does anyone know of a web site to verify the balance on future cruise credit certificates?  I had applied some to a canceled cruise, and my understanding is that they would be reactivated as I opted for a cash refund of the additional payments made on the new cruise (quite nominal....did not want to mess with limitations over a small difference).  I want to check on the old numbers to see when active so I can reach out to a travel agent with everything ready to go.

Thanks!

J

Not that I know of but BOY would that be nice !

24 minutes ago, MiguelB said:

I was able to do just that on the new website, you put the last name and the number of the FCC and it tells you the amount you have. But now i am not able to get the new website...i always have the old one. If i remember correctly it was before you choose the number of persons...but im not sure.

I found that the other day as well and cannot for the life of me find it again.....I soooo wished I had bookmarked it.....

Just an observation...

As @MiguelB pointed out, you can get the balance, but ONLY if you have not applied any of the FCC from that particular FCC certificate to another booking.

Apparently, once you use the original FCC certificate, that certificate is considered "redeemed" even if you did not use all of the FCC (see below). They will only issue the new FCC certificate (for any remaining balance) after you sail on the booking you applied the bulk of the original FCC to... we applied most of our FCC to our 4/24/21 sailing and here is what I just pulled up. It makes sense since the FCC balance will be reissued under a new certificate number after we sail on 4/24/21 (fingers crossed!).

image.thumb.png.057b265bb8768bd6f43b64f6ee45239b.png

6 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

Again OFFICIALLY THIS is not allowed however as I've always said anything can be done internally one just has to find the correct person willing to bend the rules. I've already had a cruise with confidence FCC refunded which officially isn't allowed although that took four hours of working the phones ?

@crisgold52 This may be a rookie question.  Under what circumstances was this done?  For example:

• booked refundable or non-refundable 
  • deposit only before final payment date or after final payment date and deposit + additional payment all refunded
  • you cancelled cruise or royal cancelled cruise

There seems to be so many different scenarios and I'm never sure what happens in each case.  In general, I would always rather receive a refund and not a FCC.  It is always a difficult decision when final payment date approaches.  Should I cancel before the final payment date and take a FCC for the deposit amount since the deposit is nonrefundable??  Should I go ahead and make the final payment and hope Royal cancels the cruise and request a refund??  Worst case seems like if I make the final payment and then I decide to cancel such that I get a large FCC that I may never use.

10 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

Why you ask? The cruise fare is zeroed out entirely by a Global Suspension FCC so even after I make my final payment (taxes only) - I can still 'cancel' and move my FCC over to my February booking which costs less than my November booking tax wise... so I still get about $10 in refunds back. I can also do a FUNDS MAINTENANCE TRANSFER of TAXES after final payment between my November and February bookings or I can simply change the ship and sail date from November to April (which I actually might do as so to create a 'new backup'). Seeing as its a 'zero dollar fare' I can make any changes I want after final payment without a penalty so I am in a bit of what one would call 'a sweet spot'.

That is the situation I currently have.  I got a Cruise with Confidence FCC back in April 2020.  It is interesting that there are 2 kinds of FCCs.  At first I applied my FCC to a cruise this Nov 2020 that was booked refundable.  The cruise in Nov is looking doubtful so I was able to "reschedule" and made it an Alaska cruise in Aug 2021.  I put the FCC way into the future so I wouldn't have to mess with it for awhile.

Now we have 2 other cruises booked before the Alaska cruise in August.   We also have 1 cruise for Jan 2022. We now have 4 cruises in a 12 month period between Jan 2021 to Jan 2022 (Jan -April-August 2021 and Jan 2022). That is much more than the 1 maybe 2 cruises per year that we usually do.

The FCC is fine where it is on the August Alaska cruise but I'm worried about getting more FCC's before I use up the first FCC.  I dislike booking a cruise but only getting FCCs in return.  I don't mind calling RC but only if I know exactly what I want to do. When the final payment date approaches, the decisions get really tough. I don't like juggling FCC's either.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Pamela carling said:

how can i see how much future cruise credit I have.?

Welcome to the message boards.

If you have your FCC certificate number start going through the motions of booking a cruise.  Any cruise, even one you don't plan to book.  On the first page after selecting a ship and date there is a link.

You can check out the balance using that link.

1735746486_ScreenShot2021-05-05at2_38_37PM.thumb.jpg.7c53f97c965b169af183a6f4d0bdf9b3.jpg

If you don't have the certificate number you must call them or your travel agent if you use one.

The limitations right now are:

1) You cannot find out what Future Cruise Credit Certificates you have.

2) If you use a portion of the balance of a Future Cruise Credit, you can't find the balance from it since the balance will be reissued as a new Future Cruise Credit certificate, and not immediately, but within 2 to 4 weeks.

It really gets very frustrating continuing to deal with the antiquated processes behind these Future Cruise Credit certificates.

Yes, it would be nice to be more flexible like with how credits are associated with individuals from the original reservation but sometimes can be used slightly differently depending on the circumstances of the new booking and people on the reservation, but there are some basics that could be done almost immediately...

1) The Future Cruise Credit is associated with the booking number from which it came. The booking number from which it came is associated with a Crown & Anchor number. Minimally, immediately, it should be possible to let a Crown & Anchor member view current Future Cruise Credit certificates and their current status (i.e., if used or not, etc).

2) It should be possible to either reduce the balance on a Future Cruise Credit as it is used, or to immediately issue a new certificate with the remaining balance once some portion gets used; either way, it shouldn't take 2 to 4 weeks, and should be possible to immediately apply amounts from a Future Cruise Credit to multiple bookings.

37 minutes ago, dswallow said:

The limitations right now are:

1) You cannot find out what Future Cruise Credit Certificates you have.

2) If you use a portion of the balance of a Future Cruise Credit, you can't find the balance from it since the balance will be reissued as a new Future Cruise Credit certificate, and not immediately, but within 2 to 4 weeks.

It really gets very frustrating continuing to deal with the antiquated processes behind these Future Cruise Credit certificates.

Yes, it would be nice to be more flexible like with how credits are associated with individuals from the original reservation but sometimes can be used slightly differently depending on the circumstances of the new booking and people on the reservation, but there are some basics that could be done almost immediately...

1) The Future Cruise Credit is associated with the booking number from which it came. The booking number from which it came is associated with a Crown & Anchor number. Minimally, immediately, it should be possible to let a Crown & Anchor member view current Future Cruise Credit certificates and their current status (i.e., if used or not, etc).

2) It should be possible to either reduce the balance on a Future Cruise Credit as it is used, or to immediately issue a new certificate with the remaining balance once some portion gets used; either way, it shouldn't take 2 to 4 weeks, and should be possible to immediately apply amounts from a Future Cruise Credit to multiple bookings.

This is all true and what we've been saying for months. It's BEYOND frustrating.

29 minutes ago, twangster said:

We all love Royal but let's face it... they don't invest in technology for anything but ships.

As a former IT executive I have a pretty clear understanding what the IT organization is like there.  

Yeah, nobody holds their breath for Royal IT to accomplish anything successfully... this has been like this for a couple of the 14 sailings since they came out on 3/24. Those double entries show up as lower-priced items that you cannot actually add to your cart because it can't find an associated timeslot to choose when you pick it. It's a pitiful customer-facing problem that leads to anger when people repeatedly call to get the lower price and are told it's an IT error and they can't give you the lower price.

There's a handful of other stupid things, too. I'm sure the real reason they're not fixing this stuff is they're about ready to replace the Cruise Planner implementation with a new one. Of course it'll have completely different messed up problems of its own.

image.thumb.png.fe315676cf27f19687de4d8d62a0c4d7.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 4:31 PM, Sharla said:

This is all true and what we've been saying for months. It's BEYOND frustrating.

I decided to keep a close eye the best I could but I have declared DEFEAT in this area. I'm going to wait until my sailings happen and new invoices come in and maybe re visit again. I also will NEVER take the FCC again, cash refunds only. But I had to remove that extra stress from my world, it was affecting me in a negative way. Twitter messaging is sometimes helpful. 

• 4 months later...

I totally agree that Royal Caribbean lags in their website technology.  I'm not sure why this is such an issue with RCCL. I've just emailed them with a request for a list of all my FCCs. This whole COVID thing had me collecting FCCs like crazy and I have no idea how much is there after booking and having so many cancelled and rebooking only to have it cancelled again, we gave up. But, now there are a bunch of FCCs out there somewhere. Maybe it all by design. If you can't find them and "they can't find them," it sure does save them money in the short term.

On Princess.com, it's very easy to see your future cruise credits.  Also, with Princess, if your FCC expires, they send you a check.

• 6 months later...

With all the cruises we had canceled and FCC we got and reapplied to a cruise that also got canceled...Trying to keep up with them all was a NIGHTMARE!!!  Thankfully we have an outstanding TA who not only kept track of all of them but also fought Royal to get them reissued and applied to the next cruise we booked.  We tried keeping a spreadsheet tracking all of them till we learned he was tracking them.  We are telling you TA's are worth their weight in gold!!!

1 hour ago, Shaleen said:

Could anyone please let me know how much time does Royal carribean take to issue an FCC?

I cancelled a cruise on 24/4 and applied for FCC. Now, I want to book a cruise sailing on 8/5 using the FCC but the FCC is not issued yet.

We are still waiting on our FCCs. We cancelled on 14 March 2022.

1 hour ago, Psycho and Barb said:

It all depends .   Do you have an TA…if you do let them take care of it.  If not call Royal and explain the situation.   We have had them issue us new FCC while we were on the line with them.

Thanks a lot for your assistance

Can you give me direct contact of FCC customer care if you have? I am based in India and I called their Asia pacific office. They told me that they only look after sales and I need to drop email to FCC team which would be replied within 72 hours. 

Since my sailing date is very near, I wanted to explain them the situation directly on call.

11 hours ago, Shaleen said:

Can you give me direct contact of FCC customer care if you have? 

We don't have any special numbers but here are some you might not have.  Hope they help.

Royal Customer Service    800-256-6649

Individual Reservations     866-562-7625

Crown & Anchor Society   800-256-9723