Quantum back to Asia now?

12 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

With Wonder OS being delayed, I wonder if this will put Quantum back to Asia for Summer 2021 (and not in Alaska). This would bum me out big time.

Doubt it. They already announced (and have been selling) sailings. 

These days anything is possible, but they still have Spectrum out there.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Normally I would agree with this statement, but in Covid life, anything is possible.  They didn't add rooms to Allure or any amp which they sold as Amplified sailings, the Galveston port debacle which they had sold rooms on and redeployed ships to cover, Odyssey cancellations through April,  scrapping ships from Pullmatar that were booked.

They have Ovation doing Alaska so I can see the thought, "Oh we have Ovation we can switch everyone from Quantum".  

I am booked on Quantum for an Alaskan sailing in a Grand Loft, so with my luck, the writing is on the wall.

23 minutes ago, MLH said:

They have Ovation doing Alaska so I can see the thought, "Oh we have Ovation we can switch everyone from Quantum".  

I am booked on Quantum for an Alaskan sailing in a Grand Loft, so with my luck, the writing is on the wall.

Ditto this. We are booked for the August 9 2021 Quantum sailing in a 2 bedroom Grand Suite. Jumped on it when the itinerary was announced. I've looked at existing suites on Radiance (love, but no Owner's Suites available), and no 2 bd GS on Ovation. Plus, Ovation's and Serenade's itinerary just bore me. Quantum and Radiance itins are waaaay more interesting. Did Radiance southbound last year. I'll let RCL cancel the sailing and see what they offer. Alternate plan is to fly to Anchorage and stay at McDougall Lodge in Lake Creek (if Alaska is open). Our plan was to fly fish at every port and in Seattle prior to embarkation. 

On 7/19/2020 at 11:19 AM, Baked Alaska said:

Ditto this. We are booked for the August 9 2021 Quantum sailing in a 2 bedroom Grand Suite. Jumped on it when the itinerary was announced. I've looked at existing suites on Radiance (love, but no Owner's Suites available), and no 2 bd GS on Ovation. Plus, Ovation's and Serenade's itinerary just bore me. Quantum and Radiance itins are waaaay more interesting. Did Radiance southbound last year. I'll let RCL cancel the sailing and see what they offer. Alternate plan is to fly to Anchorage and stay at McDougall Lodge in Lake Creek (if Alaska is open). Our plan was to fly fish at every port and in Seattle prior to embarkation. 

I’m hoping for an ovation switch as well. We’re booked on Quantum’s 7/26 sailing in a grand suite, at an awesome price. Moving to Serenade or Radiance would be a no go for me, as I need a new ship. I just hope that if they’re going to do it, do it soon. I’d hate to be in the situation like I’m in now with my November Oasis sailing where there’s not a single AQ suite available to lift and shift to. 

On 7/19/2020 at 9:20 AM, Matt said:

Didn’t they just leave a bunch of Brits hanging when they moved Independence back to the US? That was even pre-COVID. 

1 hour ago, Andrew72681 said:

I’m hoping for an ovation switch as well. We’re booked on Quantum’s 7/26 sailing in a grand suite, at an awesome price. Moving to Serenade or Radiance would be a no go for me, as I need a new ship. I just hope that if they’re going to do it, do it soon. I’d hate to be in the situation like I’m in now with my November Oasis sailing where there’s not a single AQ suite available to lift and shift to. 

I'm hoping Quantum goes to Alaska. We "need" the 2bd GS.

16 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

I'm hoping Quantum goes to Alaska. We "need" the 2bd GS.

I’m hoping as well. But the way this year’s been going who knows anymore. One would hope that if they move you they at least give you the option of two grand suites to replace the 2 bedroom. 
I’m getting ready to try and call to lift and shift an Oasis sailing this November (I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t think it’s going to happen) and since there’s no comparable suites within the window trying to convince them that two suites like two crown lofts would work. 

4 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Just got a note from my TA and she was just on a webinar where they were pushing Alaska. So at least as of now (after announcing wonder’s delay) quantum is still in their spiel in Alaska.  

image.thumb.jpeg.ef24d9834edc860a282f3eee84cfe08b.jpeg

Great for now! I'm not holding my breath, though. One beach looks like another beach which looks like another beach in the Caribbean. NOTHING is the same in Alaska (except the tourist shopping traps, like everywhere). Alaska helps rebalance my soul. I can't put it into any other words.

36 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Great for now! I'm not holding my breath, though. One beach looks like another beach which looks like another beach in the Caribbean. NOTHING is the same in Alaska (except the tourist shopping traps, like everywhere). Alaska helps rebalance my soul. I can't put it into any other words.

That sounds like a spiritual cruise the way you describe it. I’m not sure I’ll get that deep, but am excited to try a different style of cruise. 

59 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

That sounds like a spiritual cruise the way you describe it. I’m not sure I’ll get that deep, but am excited to try a different style of cruise. 

In a purely existential way. Have you cruised to or have been to Alaska? The glaciers, they "have a way" that the Caribbean doesn't. Of course, the same can be said of the Caribbean, but not in the same vein.

1 hour ago, Baked Alaska said:

In a purely existential way. Have you cruised to or have been to Alaska? The glaciers, they "have a way" that the Caribbean doesn't. Of course, the same can be said of the Caribbean, but not in the same vein.

No, this will be our first time. It actually departs exactly on my 40th birthday so was a great time to try something big and new. 

3 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Just got a note from my TA and she was just on a webinar where they were pushing Alaska. So at least as of now (after announcing wonder’s delay) quantum is still in their spiel in Alaska.  

image.thumb.jpeg.ef24d9834edc860a282f3eee84cfe08b.jpeg

Baked Alaska, do you think it means anything re cancellations that it says Summer 2021 rather than Spring 2021?

Our sailing on the Radiance is June 11 which is late spring and normally don't they start sailings in May which is definitely spring.

2 minutes ago, MichelleB1234 said:

Baked Alaska, do you think it means anything re cancellations that it says Summer 2021 rather than Spring 2021?

Our sailing on the Radiance is June 11 which is late spring and normally don't they start sailings in May which is definitely spring.

To my very limited knowledge, I believe Alaska cruising has traditionally been referred to as occurring during the Summer cruising season, May included.