Copy of CDC Order foy everyone's reading pleeasure !!

On July 16, 2020, CDC extended the No Sail Order and Suspension of Further Embarkation; Notice of Modification and Extension and Other Measures Related to Operations signed by the CDC Director on April 9, 2020—subject to the modifications and additional stipulated conditions as set forth in this Order. The Order is effective upon signature and will be published in the Federal Register.

This Order is in effect until one of the following occurs:

• The expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency,
  • The CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations, or
  • September 30, 2020.

See the attached order (print-only) pdf icon[PDF – 20 pages] for the full requirements.

On 7/17/2020 at 7:28 AM, princevaliantus said:

On July 16, 2020, CDC extended the No Sail Order and Suspension of Further Embarkation; Notice of Modification and Extension and Other Measures Related to Operations signed by the CDC Director on April 9, 2020—subject to the modifications and additional stipulated conditions as set forth in this Order. The Order is effective upon signature and will be published in the Federal Register.

This Order is in effect until one of the following occurs:

• The expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency,
  • The CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations, or
  • September 30, 2020.

See the attached order (print-only) pdf icon[PDF – 20 pages] for the full requirements.

I am calling out over reach on this one.  If they continue in this manner and in the format presented therein, they are going to make it impossible for the industry to sail with passengers again.

21 hours ago, Marlena said:

For the cruise lines sake, and mine...lol, I really hope they dont lose their holiday season.

You can pretty much count on it.  This, in my opinion is why the ships have very little crew on them right now.

Further, when trying to book the shows on Harmony, it tells me that I have to wait to board the ship.

20 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

It most likely and logically will  unless the US gets the cases under control. The Bahamas has also barred ships into their region till at least Sept 30 for the same reasons while meanwhile in canada we continue to be edgy about prospects of opening the land border in 2020.

Because there is very little conversations about traveling right now, it tells me they have no intention of lifting the restrictions.  This is affecting millions of people.

On 7/17/2020 at 11:49 AM, ehw51 said:

I didn´t think we had a chance to make 9/15, with panel not handing in report till end of Aug, I am thinking now 10/15 or 11/1, that at least gives them time to get the report, get it approved and then implemented and round up the crews. JMO

I listen to WINN on https://coolestcarib.com/caribbean-island-st-kitts.php

A couple of weeks ago they said they were going to have conversations with US officials towards the beginning of September.  Right now, St. Kitts is requiring quarantine of anyone coming in whether citizens or workers for a minimum of 2 weeks in addition to testing when coming in and at the end of the 2 weeks.