Lift and Shift for 2021

41 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

We have a cruise booked for April 2021 and was wondering if you can lift and shift for next years cruises?  We would rather move it to 2022 and let this stuff blow over.

I just did a lift and shift for a Jan 2021 cruise to a Jan 2022 cruise.  April 2021 to April 2022 may not work because even January was a gray area.  I kept another booking for Jan 2021 but as things get closer to the final payment date, I may L&S  that cruise too.  That way I will do a back 2 back in 2022 if need be.  Hopefully the L&S rules will be extended past the August deadline.

The cruise fare for the 2021 cruise was much less than the same cruise in 2022.  A L&S is definitely something to consider because it saves a lot of worry and the price protection feature is great.

15 minutes ago, crisgold52 said:

Yes a Lift and Shift can be done but keep in mind that any cancellation penalties would carry forward to the new booking. How long is your cruise for? If it was a 3 or 4 night Perfect Day Bahamas, I wouldn't do a L&S because those sailings are always cheap and its more prudent in those cases to choose the cheapest Monday OR Friday that it leaves.

If it was a 7 night or longer than L&S is worth exploring. A L&S can be done up to Aug. 1, you will need to call reservations at 1-866-562-7625 - and to avoid waiting on hold simply press EXT 3 for travel agent support (even though you're not a travel agent as its no wait time to get thru to someone and the agent won't know you're not a travel agent ?

I myself have two cruises booked for NOV 2020 which at this point is pretty much NOT going ahead, and my backup for FEB 2022, same itinerary. In the next few days during my 'next round of calls' with RCL I will up and move my November booking to May of next year and make that my new ' backup ' while making my backup now aka FEB 2022 my primary.

7 night cruise out of Galveston and we are booked in the Villa suite on Liberty.

9 hours ago, Yo2slick said:

We have a cruise booked for April 2021 and was wondering if you can lift and shift for next years cruises?  We would rather move it to 2022 and let this stuff blow over.

Yes.  We shifted an April 2021 cruise to April 2022 without any problems.

9 hours ago, Yo2slick said:

7 night cruise out of Galveston and we are booked in the Villa suite on Liberty.

This is where you may run into problems.  You have to be able to shift to the same room category within 4 weeks of the current sailing.  The villa suite category is difficult to find available as there are so few of them.  You even should be able to shift to an Oasis class ship if you can find one available (Harmony and Symphony are the only two ships that have them), which is likely a great deal at your prevailing rate as the villa is Star Class on those ships.  But again, those rooms sell out as soon as the inventories go on sale.  Depending on the number of people you were planning on having in your room, they may be able to find you other options but you or your TA will have to escalate the issue to get the result that you are seeking.

6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Yes.  We shifted an April 2021 cruise to April 2022 without any problems.

This is where you may run into problems.  You have to be able to shift to the same room category within 4 weeks of the current sailing.  The villa suite category is difficult to find available as there are so few of them.  You even should be able to shift to an Oasis class ship if you can find one available (Harmony and Symphony are the only two ships that have them), which is likely a great deal at your prevailing rate as the villa is Star Class on those ships.  But again, those rooms sell out as soon as the inventories go on sale.  Depending on the number of people you were planning on having in your room, they may be able to find you other options but you or your TA will have to escalate the issue to get the result that you are seeking.

So if I can move to Symphony or Harmony Im getting a way better deal???  Im on the phone right now trying to figure this out.  LOL

49 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

So if I can move to Symphony or Harmony Im getting a way better deal???  Im on the phone right now trying to figure this out.  LOL

Yes!  Definitely look into it.  I know someone who recently just shifted a RS on Indy or Freedom (I cannot remember but basically no star class) and they got the RLS on Oasis!  Winner winner right there!

18 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes!  Definitely look into it.  I know someone who recently just shifted a RS on Indy or Freedom (I cannot remember but basically no star class) and they got the RLS on Oasis!  Winner winner right there!

I was told it would be a 2 bedroom grand suite that was available on Symphony which is Sky class?  No villas available on Harmony or Symphony within our dates.  We have 8 of us going, 5 of which are teenagers.  The only problem is getting all of us to Miami is way more involved than Galveston and they have an open Villa on Liberty April 2022 we can switch to.  Am I screwing myself for lack of a better term by staying on Liberty.  I think the 4 bedrooms would work way better.  But Ive never been on an Oasis class ship.

25 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

I was told it would be a 2 bedroom grand suite that was available on Symphony which is Sky class?  No villas available on Harmony or Symphony within our dates.  We have 8 of us going, 5 of which are teenagers.  The only problem is getting all of us to Miami is way more involved than Galveston and they have an open Villa on Liberty April 2022 we can switch to.  Am I screwing myself for lack of a better term by staying on Liberty.  I think the 4 bedrooms would work way better.  But Ive never been on an Oasis class ship.

Sky class for the 2 Bedroom GS. But you do get VOOM included whereas on Liberty you don’t. But on Liberty you would get the hot tub. Is that and the bigger ship worth the move to Miami? Only you can decide that. ?

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Sky class for the 2 Bedroom GS. But you do get VOOM included whereas on Liberty you don’t. But on Liberty you would get the hot tub. Is that and the bigger ship worth the move to Miami? Only you can decide that. ?

LOL, the easier it is to get 5 kids to the ship and back home the better.  We are 7 hours from Galveston and almost 22 from Miami.  Plus I think Liberty will be a great ship for their first cruise.  My wife and I loved it.

1 minute ago, Yo2slick said:

LOL, the easier it is to get 5 kids to the ship and back home the better.  We are 7 hours from Galveston and almost 22 from Miami.  Plus I think Liberty will be a great ship for their first cruise.  My wife and I loved it.

I just posted the same time that you posted about getting the switch for $1600 less! That is awesome! For that difference, it’s not worth it. You are right, you can get VOOM, UDP, and Drink package!

I know this has probably been asked before, but....  I just applied for a lift and shift online.  The form says it will take 72 hours to confirm.  In the meantime, do I cancel my voom purchase on the cruise planner, or does that automatically turn into OBC?  Will RCL contact my TA to confirm the Lift and shift, or will I get a direct e=mail from RCL?  Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, Katy H said:

Sé que esto probablemente ya se haya preguntado antes, pero ... acabo de solicitar un ascensor y un turno en línea. El formulario dice que tomará 72 horas confirmarlo. Mientras tanto, ¿cancelo mi compra de voom en el planificador de cruceros, o eso se convierte automáticamente en OBC? ¿RCL se comunicará con mi TA para confirmar el levantamiento y el cambio, o recibiré un correo electrónico directo de RCL? ¡Gracias por tu ayuda!

in my case I requested the change online last Sunday and I have not received a reply yet