Unlimited Dining Package

jsheldon81

I do have a couple quick questions about the dining package...

1. Does it only cover one specialty dining spot per day or let's say can you grab a couple of pre dinner sushi rolls at Izumi and then like 830-9pm go to Chops for dinner and it be covered with no extra charges at the end of the cruise? From what I understand on sea days can grab lunch at a specialty spot then dinner at another, but was not sure on non sea days.

2. Also, does it cover Johnny Rockets on the Explorer of the Seas

1.  Since the program has been retitled Unlimited Dining Package (versus Ultimate DP) it has been possible to go to more than 1 specialty location per meal....so yes, you should be able to grab something at Izumi and then later, go to a different restaurant. There is one caveat and that is that the restaurants are based on availability so they must be able to accommodate you.  The best plan is to make reservations ahead of time so that you’re not disappointed if they aren’t able to fit you in.  I feel this is going to be even more important with reduced occupancy (social distancing) for a while.  My guess is, reservations are going to be absolutely required and more difficult to come by.

2.  Yes, Johnny Rocket is included.

14 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

1.  Since the program has been retitled Unlimited Dining Package (versus Ultimate DP) it has been possible to go to more than 1 specialty location per meal....so yes, you should be able to grab something at Izumi and then later, go to a different restaurant. There is one caveat and that is that the restaurants are based on availability so they must be able to accommodate you.  The best plan is to make reservations ahead of time so that you’re not disappointed if they aren’t able to fit you in.  I feel this is going to be even more important with reduced occupancy (social distancing) for a while.  My guess is, reservations are going to be absolutely required and more difficult to come by.

They will also not allow you to have overlapped reservations within i think 2 or 2.5 hours of each other.  If you wanted to grab some sushi at 5 and then dinner at 6:30 and tried to make reservations for both i dont think they will allow that to happen.

On 7/16/2020 at 6:33 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Good point with the reduced occupancy. I am hoping that Royal rolls out to go from specialty restaurants. I know you can get it on a one-off basis but it's not common. The more people opting to eat on their balconies or in more public areas (pool deck etc) the better!