CDC ban extended to October 1.

Jill

2 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I’m tired of the insanity so we lifted & shifted from Thanksgiving 2020 to 2021. Interestingly enough, the Oasis Thanksgiving 2021 sailing has 0.0 suites left so we opted for a different itinerary with the Harmony & deck 17! 

Good choice!  I'm sure you will run into some of us from the blog on that sailing, too!

48 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Wow I really thought people was going to get their $#!& together so they could enjoy life. I guess the CDC doesn't have any faith so........I wonder do I lose all faith and say 2020 is done or do I believe that the holidays will sail?????

funny cat GIF

Keep the faith. The alternative is no way to live. 

17 minutes ago, crisgold52 said:

one would wager that its likely cruising could potentially start sooner rather than later in markets where there's lower case loads, aka the Vancouver Cruise Season could be first to start

I just don't see it until there is a vaccine. 

It's a great accomplishment that BC in general has taken measures to contain spread.  If BC was to reopen risky activities that would likely change.    The virus hasn't changed, it's still highly spreadable.  Cruise ships are a high risk venue for spread.  Mitigation and all the steps being discussed for ships reduce the risk but they do not eliminate the risk. 

In Colorado we have done a better job controlling the virus which led to bars and restaurants opening at 50% capacity.  In the wake of that our numbers nudged upward.  Nowhere near AZ,FL or TX trends but we experienced a slight uptick just the same.  To counter that bars are being closed again.  The virus hasn't changed, even at 50% capacity bars are too risky.  Cruise ships will prove to be the same until there is a vaccine.  

1 hour ago, crisgold52 said:

Everyone seems to be hinging on everything becoming 'normal' in a year from now from sports to summer camps to cruising and so on

Yes and I see that and have seen that for a while now.  

When you listen to the experts and remove the political noise the experts are warning that may not be the case.  

Ten years from now we’ll all be back to old ways talking about what a son of a gun this pandemic was.  

Five years from now we should all be back to old ways talking about what a son of a gun this pandemic was.  

Two years from now we might all be back to old ways talking about what a son of a gun this pandemic was.  

One year from now we will still be dealing with this thing talking about what a son of a gun this pandemic is.  

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Yes and I see that and have seen that for a while now.  

When you listen to the experts and remove the political noise the experts are warning that may not be the case.  

Ten years from now we’ll all be back to old ways talking about what a son of a gun this pandemic was.  

Five years from now we should all be back to old ways talking about what a son of a gun this pandemic was.  

Two years from now we might all be back to old ways talking about what a son of a gun this pandemic was.  

One year from now we will still be dealing with this thing talking about what a son of a gun this pandemic is.  

Classic Film Drink GIF by Warner Archive

Welp...hope my liver makes it. 

I think that the real test will be when schools are back in session. With the President putting a big push on for kids to be physically at schools that will be the real test. If COVID for teachers and parents of the students attending in person classes begin to spike upwards you can easily kiss the 2020 cruise season goodbye. Here in Georgia it appears that most schools are leaning toward a hybrid school year with doing remote the first semester then doing in person classes. I work for a major university and they are planning on having the majority of the classes be in person still. The fall semester starts here in about 4 weeks.

52 minutes ago, Dimension said:

I think that the real test will be when schools are back in session. With the President putting a big push on for kids to be physically at schools that will be the real test. If COVID for teachers and parents of the students attending in person classes begin to spike upwards you can easily kiss the 2020 cruise season goodbye. Here in Georgia it appears that most schools are leaning toward a hybrid school year with doing remote the first semester then doing in person classes. I work for a major university and they are planning on having the majority of the classes be in person still. The fall semester starts here in about 4 weeks.

Good luck !!