Lift and Shift GTY?

MJO

I still have a little hope for my Sept 19th cruise on Symphony, but I figure if I know there's a possibility that my heart will be broken I better have the remedy on hand. So I was wondering if anyone have experience doing Lift and shift with a GTY cabin that is already assigned, it is my understanding that a GTY cabin can change up to sailing date, but just wanted to know your inputs on the matter. Do you believe it is possible to get my assigned cabin on the new cruise instead of a GTY?

I really appreciate your opinion.

My guess: they'll try to match what you have now, otherwise they may upgrade you. (Note that neither of the sailings below were guarantee bookings, so your experience may vary.)

I L&S'd two (back-to-back) cruises (a Mediterranean and the following transatlantic). This was from one Oasis class ship to another.

The Mediterranean cruise transferred over and kept the same cabin. The transatlantic, however, was sold out of grand suites, so they upgraded us to a crown loft suite. I wasn't expecting that, and although I'm disappointed not to be able to stay in the same cabin between the two sailings, I think this is a very reasonable option.

We’re about to find out what happens. 

We just asked our travel agent to lift and shift our November 9 sailing on Navigator to November 2021 

We booked a gty and were assigned a room a couple months ago.  I too am curious if we keep that room.  

I’ll follow up here when we find out. 

3 hours ago, teddy said:

We’re about to find out what happens. 

We just asked our travel agent to lift and shift our November 9 sailing on Navigator to November 2021 

We booked a gty and were assigned a room a couple months ago.  I too am curious if we keep that room.  

I’ll follow up here when we find out. 

Lift and Shift promises to category protect your booking, but not specifically CABIN protect.  If you're in an Oceanview balcony, you're guaranteed another Oceanview balcony (or better), but it could be anywhere in the ship that is the same category.  Since you initially booked a GTY, I'd guess that they might put you back into a GTY status for '21, but as with all things Royal, consistently inconsistent seems to be the rule.  I'm interested in finding out what happens in your case.  Good luck to you! ?