Caribbean Ports List - Some Open

@crisgold52 I'm not sure how that would go. At first they may require everyone to have a test before boarding. Could you imagine RCL trying to test everyone onboard? That would be a nightmare. I would do the whole Atlantis thing, but you need a passport and none of us have one. Getting one, especially right now, would be a pain and take forever. IF we start back in October (I don't care if anyone thinks this will happen, it is just for example) and the islands have a spike in cases, which is feasible no matter when tourists are allowed back, then they (the islands) may shut everything down no matter what the cruise lines decide. With no ports there are no cruises. All of this is just crazy; too many unknowns.

59 minutes ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

@crisgold52 I'm not sure how that would go. At first they may require everyone to have a test before boarding. Could you imagine RCL trying to test everyone onboard? That would be a nightmare. I would do the whole Atlantis thing, but you need a passport and none of us have one. Getting one, especially right now, would be a pain and take forever. IF we start back in October (I don't care if anyone thinks this will happen, it is just for example) and the islands have a spike in cases, which is feasible no matter when tourists are allowed back, then they (the islands) may shut everything down no matter what the cruise lines decide. With no ports there are no cruises. All of this is just crazy; too many unknowns.

Totally agree - I really think 2021 is more realistic to get more assurances in place

Nice to meet you Mrs Thomas, I'm the spouse of a retired Marine as well. Semper Fi

3 hours ago, michelle said:

Totally agree - I really think 2021 is more realistic to get more assurances in place

Nice to meet you Mrs Thomas, I'm the spouse of a retired Marine as well. Semper Fi

I have a 3 day booked for Feb. 2021. I don't really want that to be the first cruise for my family, but it may be. All we can do is wait and see.

@WAAAYTOOO It's nice to meet fellow Marine Wives. Semper Fi

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I’m All Marine All of the Time.

My father, 2 husbands, 2 Fathers-in-law, 1 son.

Semper Fi !

That's awesome! My grandfather was Navy (WWII), Dad was Army, brother is Navy, in-laws that are Air Force, Husband is Marine. I figure if my son goes into Coast Guard we will have the entire military covered. He does love the water. LOL

44 minutes ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

I figure if my son goes into Coast Guard we will have the entire military covered. He does love the water. LOL

The Guard doesn't require a Congressional nomination for the Academy, so if he's all about that Ring Knocker life, he can do it without all the games.  Just sayin'.  ? 

15 hours ago, USCG Teacher said:

The Guard doesn't require a Congressional nomination for the Academy, so if he's all about that Ring Knocker life, he can do it without all the games.  Just sayin'.  ? 

We will definitely make sure he weighs all his options. He's 7 right now so we got some time. Thanks for the information.