Air travel....

4 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

Per the latest reports...concerning about what Florida has gotten itself into... cruise capital....

There are a total of 8,038 patients hospitalized across the state of Florida with the primary diagnosis of coronavirus as of Monday morning, according to new numbers released by the Agency for Health Care Administration. 

The three most populous counties: Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach County, are experiencing the highest numbers of coronavirus related hospitalizations.

Florida continues to record alarming rates of cases. Health officials reported Sunday a staggering record of new cases in a single day: 15,300.

If Florida were a country, it would be the fourth-highest in the world in reporting new cases. The state would rank 10th in terms of having the most cases, according to data from Johns Hopkins.

I promise we’re not all on ventilators. ? 

This article deserves attention. So tired of the fear. 

https://www.850wftl.com/opinion-why-the-new-case-numbers-will-mislead-you/?fbclid=IwAR1pJLWJ_lrSeMVB41ny6EI8dqWZyXAh2ruDE92ReFJHN5IdArAlLrzlVNg

There is a huge difference in flying on airplanes and on cruise ships. Air travel have become a necessity in this country. Cruise ships are for vacation and fun. Don’t get me wrong, I’m looking forward to cruising again, but it’s not a fair comparison. 

On 7/13/2020 at 4:09 PM, crisgold52 said:

Per the latest reports...concerning about what Florida has gotten itself into... cruise capital....

There are a total of 8,038 patients hospitalized across the state of Florida with the primary diagnosis of coronavirus as of Monday morning, according to new numbers released by the Agency for Health Care Administration. 

The three most populous counties: Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach County, are experiencing the highest numbers of coronavirus related hospitalizations.

Florida continues to record alarming rates of cases. Health officials reported Sunday a staggering record of new cases in a single day: 15,300.

If Florida were a country, it would be the fourth-highest in the world in reporting new cases. The state would rank 10th in terms of having the most cases, according to data from Johns Hopkins.

Two days ago it was reported that two Covid testing labs in the Orlando area were recording very high positives, This is a quote from an Orlando news source/station:

For at least the past 11 days, the Florida Department of Health coronavirus report shows hundreds of laboratories are reporting 98 to 100% of COVID-19 tests are coming back positive and according to the DOH those statistics are because some private labs aren’t reporting their negative results at all.  Some of the private laboratories are not reporting any negative tests but hundreds of positive COVID-19 tests.  When asked about the 98 to 100% positivity rates on the report, a spokesperson for the Florida Department of Health said the reason was due to some “smaller, private labs” not reporting negative test results to the state.

A spokesperson with Advent Health said they were told by FDOH to only report positive cases. The hospital said it would make any changes to their reporting if requested by the state.

Guess those high numbers for Florida are not accurate.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:01 PM, Oliver said:

There is a huge difference in flying on airplanes and on cruise ships. Air travel have become a necessity in this country. Cruise ships are for vacation and fun. Don’t get me wrong, I’m looking forward to cruising again, but it’s not a fair comparison. 

I've said it many times, I feel safer sailing on ship than being on the aircraft to get me to the port.

I jumped the gun and posted this before I realized I could have done it here!

Back in South Florida from a week in GA for marksmanship training with my daughter!  Just on a side note, the airline did a wonderful job with keeping us well informed, handed out single wipes as you board, boarded from the back with the middle seat blocked off and face masks were required (so I believe only two airlines do this).  The only place they need to work on is arrival at the destination gate.  It's a free for all.  The flight attendants did say to remain seated until the row in front has deplaned but we know how people listen.

On 7/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, cruisellama said:

I've said it many times, I feel safer sailing on ship than being on the aircraft to get me to the port.

I trust the SHIP. But I guess the thing is that there are thousands of people on board, and can you trust all those people to do the right thing? Especially when the majority of passengers come from a country with the most cases of COVID-19 and hasn't even plateaued?

With that said, you can probably say the same thing for the hundreds of passengers on a packed flight, but I suppose that it's easier to do checks and follow-ups with smaller numbers. 

On 7/17/2020 at 2:18 PM, cruisellama said:

It’s not a matter of safe. It’s about how we move citizens around the country. We can’t move everyone around efficiently in ships.