Five day Bermuda cruise on freedom of the seas

Lots to do in Bermuda. If they enjoy a day at the beach check out Horseshoe Bay, busses are a few steps away that are dedicated to beach runs.

The crystal caves are neat, I enjoyed that. Also I hear great things about the Aquarium, Museum and zoo.

Freedom it's been a few years, but LOTS to do onboard, she's a great ship. Make sure to sign them up for Adventure Ocean. 

Here are a few blog posts from @Matt:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/adventure-ocean

You can see pics and read description of Crystal Cave and Horseshoe Bay, plus a couple other things, in my fist Bermuda blog (link in my signature). Cave was pretty neat, Horseshoe Bay is fantastic! Do Horseshoe Bay on your second day, not the first, and make it the only thing for that day.

Also, don’t buy any ship-hosted excursions. Easy as pie to get around on your own, and there’s no curfew or all-aboard time that first day. Book any excursions you want through Trip Advisor, Viator, etc. and save some money.

1 hour ago, crisgold52 said:

I've went either way with excursions either VIATOR or shipboard. With the outside agencies one risks being delayed and the ship not waiting. With a excursion sponsored by RCL this ensures the ship has to wait even if your is delayed on return 

My point was that on the first day in Bermuda, the ship is staying in port overnight and so there is literally no worry about being left behind. As such, zero need to book an excursion through Royal.

And for Horseshoe Bay, there are shuttle vans going back and forth every 15-20 minutes. Go there on the second day and there’s basically no chance of missing the ship as long as you have a watch or phone on you that’s set to ship time. You also get the benefit of missing the huge crowds that go there on the first day in port. (although it still gets moderately crowded, so best to go as soon as close to when the beach opens as you can manage)

Island Centre Tours is the local top tour operator in Bermuda.   https://www.islandtourcentre.com/ They are located right at Dockyard.   If you're into jet skis or renting your own boat BDA Watersports   https://bdawatersports.com/ is great.  They have been around for a long time.  I used them in the past and they are wonderful.  Not located to far from Dockyard and they use to reimburse you for your taxi fare from Dockyard.  If you just want a tour of the island there are plenty of taxi/tour operators right at the pier.  They are all legit.  If your boys are adventurous go to Admiralty House Park to cliff dive.  Most of the taxi/tour operators can take you.  This is a great website about all there is to do in Bermuda. https://www.gotobermuda.com/.    

So this is one of my absolute favorite vacation pictures ever. When we were in Bermuda in June 2018, we did a 2 day transportation pass which was good for bus transportation and ferry transportation around the island. (It was around $30/person). We did a little research about the different sites we could see along the bus routes, and went all over the island for 2 days. One of the afternoons, we happened to hop on the bus with a load of school children...they take the public transport to and from school. As a former teacher of 20 years, I flocked to the back of the bus to talk with all the kids. It was one of my all time favorite vacation memories ever. They swarmed when I asked if I could take a selfie with them.

20180614_154247.jpg