Can’t re-price after applying FCC?

I have been emailing my TA frequently to get my Nov 2021 cruise re-priced. We have 4 cabins, and I watch for our group to get the better pricing. 
Our April cruise got canceled, so we applied the FCC to this cruise. Now the price dropped and she told me I can’t do anything because I applied the FCC so it looks like I paid very little for the first and second passengers (who are the only two who had FCC). Is this really how it works? 
We have never had FCC before, but looking at the invoice you would think I’m paying half the actual cost of the cruise now.  It doesn’t show the FCC applied, just shows very low pricing for the first and second guests.

I emailed her letting her know I’m very disappointed she wouldn’t have told us all of this prior to applying it. Since we have 17+ months until the cruise, it has the ability to cost me quite a bit of money.  We assumed it was best to just get the FCC applied now since it took this long to actually get the right amount from RC.  I didn’t want to wait and find out they had messed it up again somehow.

1 hour ago, sleepy425 said:

I have been emailing my TA frequently to get my Nov 2021 cruise re-priced. We have 4 cabins, and I watch for our group to get the better pricing. 
Our April cruise got canceled, so we applied the FCC to this cruise. Now the price dropped and she told me I can’t do anything because I applied the FCC so it looks like I paid very little for the first and second passengers (who are the only two who had FCC). Is this really how it works? 
We have never had FCC before, but looking at the invoice you would think I’m paying half the actual cost of the cruise now.  It doesn’t show the FCC applied, just shows very low pricing for the first and second guests.

I emailed her letting her know I’m very disappointed she wouldn’t have told us all of this prior to applying it. Since we have 17+ months until the cruise, it has the ability to cost me quite a bit of money.  We assumed it was best to just get the FCC applied now since it took this long to actually get the right amount from RC.  I didn’t want to wait and find out they had messed it up again somehow.

Exactly what I experienced as well for a November 2020 sailing. I watched like a hawk and had to all but beg the agent to re-price before I applied the FCC but I insisted when the savings was significant. Once the FCC was applied he gave me his info to re-price it myself via RC phones as if I were the agent and that's when I discovered my error. It sounded like it wasn't worth the trouble once the FCC was applied so I took it as a lesson learned (and have switch to an MEI agent for future bookings).

Sharing that my experience was the same as yours; next time I know not to apply FCC till the last logical minute.

9 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

Some would joke this is almost like a second job... but I like what I do, and being a faux travel agent to handle my own bookings is somewhat fun at times.

@crisgold52 I'm retired ... it has become my hobby to call Royal to see how FCCs work.  It isn't what I would call "transparent".  I wouldn't hold it against any travel agent if they don't understand it.

It is true what you say about the FCC being taken off in order to get the cruise repriced.  It can be done!!  I would add that you need to keep good records because once the FCC is applied, it is hard to tell if there was a price decrease. A FCC obliterates the actual pricing.  It would be nice if they itemized the FCC to show that it really exists instead of showing a super cheap cruise fare. 

Thank you to everyone who replied.  I appreciate you sharing your experiences.  My dad thinks she was so sick of me constantly emailing for lower pricing that she was thrilled about the FCC just so I could be cut off (joke's on her - there are still 3 more rooms I can keep repricing!).

I will push back about her removing the FCC to reprice in the future.  Thank you for confirming it can be done!

On 7/11/2020 at 1:18 PM, Neesa said:

Yes, Sharla educated me straight away, before I could even voice FCC she is nothing short of amazing.

2 minutes ago, Scrumps said:

Things I learned working with MEI..  1)  you have to remove the FCC before you try to reprice.. and then add it back on.  2) Don't apply any FCC until final payment to make the whole process easier.

I, too, learned this from Sharla! She is the best!