Social Distancing, Fewer Cabins Sold and Royal Up

FManke

With what seems likely as the first step in social distancing, that being fewer cabins will sold to limit the amount of people on board and most likely those being the less expensive, inside cabins, how do you think this will affect the Royal Up program? 

5 minutes ago, FManke said:

With what seems likely as the first step in social distancing, that being fewer cabins will sold to limit the amount of people on board and most likely those being the less expensive, inside cabins, how do you think this will affect the Royal Up program? 

Id be surprised if there IS a Royal Up program, and if there is, it wont be a big savings. Probably wrong, as my wife points out, I usually am. 

I think some inside cabins will be assigned to crew members so that there is no sharing of crew cabins.  

That will mean guests will be moved from, or motivated to move from some inside cabins.  

Inside cabin rations compared to other cabin types varies wildly depending on class of ship.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I think some inside cabins will be assigned to crew members so that there is no sharing of crew cabins.  

That will mean guests will be moved from, or motivated to move from some inside cabins.  

Inside cabin rations compared to other cabin types varies wildly depending on class of ship.  

That is one of the major reasons I did a lift & shift to next year.

That and I am worried that they may have venues closed, like the hot tubs. I want to have a fun relaxing time on a cruise not be worrying about what others have or might be spreading. 

10 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

That is one of the major reasons I did a lift & shift to next year.

That and I am worried that they may have venues closed, like the hot tubs. I want to have a fun relaxing time on a cruise not be worrying about what others have or might be spreading. 

We decided to do the Lift and Shift to next year as well.  Started the process today.  We made the decision since time was running out on L&S and we have no idea what cruising is going to look like when it resumes.  Limitations on pools/hot tubs, entertainment, etc is not the vacation we are signing up for.  Seriously disappointed, but this is the right decision for us as well.  The count down will be starting all over again....

I went from 104 days to 446 after my L&S.

However, if I could have went on a cruise with the new social distancing and other safety protocols I would have. I would assume like @twangster said that the interior cabins might be used for crew. So I still think Royal Up would be put into play. Anything less than 5N I would just book an interior since I am solo.I think they would offer to move those in interior to OVB or even Jr. suites to ensure they are following protocol. I doubt any of the nicer Sky and Star class suites are available as people rushed to book those under the guise of 'if I get stuck being quarantined, at least I have a nice room."

I think the company that operated the Royal Up program has been gone for months and will likely never return. Going forward, Royal Up is unnecessary.

Royal is simply substituting much higher pricing for balconies and above from day one.

I know it's unpopular here, but if they need to trim the manifest for social distancing purposes; it will strictly be done by 'How much did you pay?'.

10 hours ago, bobroo said:

I know it's unpopular here, but if they need to trim the manifest for social distancing purposes; it will strictly be done by 'How much did you pay?'.

I agree, and it does make sense.....even though we have three upcoming cruises booked with Guaranteed Inside staterooms.

Our November cruise already has a cabin assigned, so it will be interesting to see what happens if the ship actually sails.