Lift and shift help

A couple lift and shift questions.  

1. Has anyone ever intentionally booked something for this year and immediately lift and shifted because the price was higher next year? 

2. when you do does the PIF and cancellation terms move to the new booking of stay with the original dates? Ex. I lift and shift a late November sailing that is refundable deposit and before paid in full. Could I cancel next July with no penalty if I wanted?  

THANKS!!

In honesty I don't know why anyone would do this to answer your first question because there are quite a few rules with L&S. You wouldn't be able to do so right away, But I guess someone could have booked a sailing that they knew wasn't going to happen under the guise of getting FCC or doing a L&S.

When you L&S the new PIF date applies, 90 days before the sailing commences. However, if the deposit is refundable then just like the terms state you would have that time to cancel before being penalized. Under CWC all sailing until 2022 April can be cancelled with no penalty even with a NFD you will get 100% FCC.

• 1 month later...

So this thread is as close as I can find to my L&S news.  I'm hijackin' it.

Last week @michelle booked the Royal Suite for me on Empress (11-22-20, 6 night Western Caribbean) with the express intent of L&S'ing it to next year.  According to the website, the appropriate cruise to which to shift this would have been a 6 night Western Caribbean cruise on Odyssey.  YIPPEE !  That sounds great.  Since the appropriate shift from a RS on Empress to another ship is an Owner's Suite, I was happy with that idea.  So she called and they stone cold refused to make the shift to Odyssey even though the website showed that sailing as an appropriate "match" AND there was an Owner's Suite still available (Odyssey only has 2 OS so it was a surprise that one was still available...but it was).  Nope.  Nope.  Nope.

She tried doing the online L&S.  Nope.  They outright refused.

I was so disappointed.  I have read of so many people moving their Empress suites to Odyssey and simply could not understand why I was being denied.  If I had been there in person, they would have labeled me a "Karen" for sure.  LOL

@michelle got a call this morning from the L&S team with the bad news for a second time.  Not only would they not shift me to Odyssey, NOW they wouldn't even shift me to an Oasis cruise that had been their offer last week (this offer never made any sense.  It was a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise which violated all of their "rules" - different number of nights, different itinerary).  Now I was steamin'.  Poor Michelle.  She is so patient.  She texted me to let me know that they were "evaluating our options". 

I was resigned that this was just not going to work out.  I asked Michelle to please just CWC and get an FCC for my deposit.  She said "okay".  Maybe 10 minutes later she texted me that they were offering to shift my Empress RS to an Allure Star Loft Suite during Thanksgiving week (6 night 11-21-21) !!  I almost dropped the phone !  So they were willing to give me a $12.5K SLS on Allure  but they couldn't see their way to giving me a $9K OS on Odyssey ?  Whatever.  I'll take Star Class every time !!!

So....   @michelle is the queen of L&S negotiations.  I don't know how she does it....but she is awesome.  I'm soooo happy !!!!!!!

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So this thread is as close as I can find to my L&S news.  I'm hijackin' it.

Last week @michelle booked the Royal Suite for me on Empress (11-22-20, 6 night Western Caribbean) with the express intent of L&S'ing it to next year.  According to the website, the appropriate cruise to which to shift this would have been a 6 night Western Caribbean cruise on Odyssey.  YIPPEE !  That sounds great.  Since the appropriate shift from a RS on Empress to another ship is an Owner's Suite, I was happy with that idea.  So she called and they stone cold refused to make the shift to Odyssey even though the website showed that sailing as an appropriate "match" AND there was an Owner's Suite still available (Odyssey only has 2 OS so it was a surprise that one was still available...but it was).  Nope.  Nope.  Nope.

She tried doing the online L&S.  Nope.  They outright refused.

I was so disappointed.  I have read of so many people moving their Empress suites to Odyssey and simply could not understand why I was being denied.  If I had been there in person, they would have labeled me a "Karen" for sure.  LOL

@michelle got a call this morning from the L&S team with the bad news for a second time.  Not only would they not shift me to Odyssey, NOW they wouldn't even shift me to an Oasis cruise that had been their offer last week (this offer never made any sense.  It was a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise which violated all of their "rules" - different number of nights, different itinerary).  Now I was steamin'.  Poor Michelle.  She is so patient.  She texted me to let me know that they were "evaluating our options". 

I was resigned that this was just not going to work out.  I asked Michelle to please just CWC and get an FCC for my deposit.  She said "okay".  Maybe 10 minutes later she texted me that they were offering to shift my Empress RS to an Allure Star Loft Suite during Thanksgiving week (6 night 11-21-21) !!  I almost dropped the phone !  So they were willing to give me a $12.5K SLS on Allure  but they couldn't see their way to giving me a $9K OS on Odyssey ?  Whatever.  I'll take Star Class every time !!!

So....   @michelle is the queen of L&S negotiations.  I don't know how she does it....but she is awesome.  I'm soooo happy !!!!!!!

I read your saga in the other board. So happy for you. Maybe they looked at your cruising history and came to their senses. 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So they were willing to give me a $12.5K SLS on Allure  but they couldn't see their way to giving me a $9K OS on Odyssey ?  Whatever.  I'll take Star Class every time !!!

Star Class? NIIICEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She really is a magician!

3 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Star Class? NIIICEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She really is a magician!

I know, right ?  Sooo happy about how this turned out.  I was told by some "experts" over on CC that they would NEVER L&S an Empress RS to a Star Class suite.  I actually believed that myself !  But they did.  

18 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I know, right ?  Sooo happy about how this turned out.  I was told by some "experts" over on CC that they would NEVER L&S an Empress RS to a Star Class suite.  I actually believed that myself !  But they did.  

CC.  Pffft.

Dang, they should have L&S'd you to the Harmony T-Day cruise (aka Group Cruise!)

In case anyone is interested, the "bait" is back out there.  The Royal Suite (which I relinquished as part of the L&S) as well as an Owner's Suite (which wasn't there when I booked the RS) are both showing for the 11-22-20 Empress sailing.  The OS has a particularly attractive price ($1468 PP).  So, if anyone is interested in taking a nicely discounted cruise next Nov (probably a Thanksgiving week) in an Owner's Suite or higher (maybe ???) you could book it now and L&S. The bad news is that final payment date has now come and gone, so if you wanted to do this you would have to pay the balance in full when you book.  Still a very good deal !

• 4 weeks later...

@WAAAYTOOO this thread is hilarious!   I love how excited you all get with cabins, makes my days

It is actually kind of fun talking to Royal until I get someone that understands I may not
hang up until I get what I want, lol  HAPPY for you @WAAAYTOOO and of course  @SpeedNoodles too

Yes for the first question. We upgraded our stateroom from an inside to one with a balcony for less money.  Made sure to book 7 night Eastern itinerary for a year earlier +/- 4 weeks....wasn't even the same week  (and by "upgrade", we cancelled our original booking with the inside room after doing a booking for previous year and then lifted and shifted it)

Kinda backwards but I L & S'd our March 21 Rhapsody to March 22 Harmony then rebooked the March 21 Rhapsody.  We liked our original itinerary so we booked it again, same price, same room.  Plus we got a half price Owners Suite on Harmony!

Oh and also thanks to our MEI agent.  Thank you Emily!!!