Lift and Shaft

So here is my delima.

I am with a TA that I am going to be dropping and this is just one of the reasons why.

I have resolved to do a lift and shift and my "wonderful TA says "for the lift and shift they keep your current price but it has to be the same ship" which I know is not true.

I already have a cruise booked with my new better MEI TA for that exact cruise in January. I really don't want to do the same cruise within 6 weeks of each other.

How can I convince my TA to get me to a different ship? I am already going to be missing out on one of my destinations that I wanted, but it will come up again in the future I hope.

17 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

So here is my delima.

I am with a TA that I am going to be dropping and this is just one of the reasons why.

I have resolved to do a lift and shift and my "wonderful TA says "for the lift and shift they keep your current price but it has to be the same ship" which I know is not true.

I already have a cruise booked with my new better MEI TA for that exact cruise in January. I really don't want to do the same cruise within 6 weeks of each other.

How can I convince my TA to get me to a different ship? I am already going to be missing out on one of my destinations that I wanted, but it will come up again in the future I hope.

Ugh.  Horrible situation.

If it were me, I would tell the current TA that unless he/she handles the L&S correctly within the next 3 days, I intend to contact Royal and ask for help with having the booking transferred out of the current agency.  Now, I realize that this is a bit of a bluff as it’s next to impossible to move a booking that the Agency isn’t willing to give up, but I’d sure make the current Agent believe that a YOU believe it can be done !

2 hours ago, GrandmaAirplane said:

You are correct. However, the cabin class has to remain the same... maybe that’s where things are glitching and the TA doesn’t understand this well enough?

Oh I know and I am not concerned about that at all. It should be an easy L&S... its a GTTY inside on an Oasis class...I just don't want to do the same cruise so close together.

1 hour ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

I called Royal and they said understanding of the policy is incorrect... Then continue the bluff with @WAAAYTOOO's suggestion.

And on top of that, you can always throw in that you are going to  tell everybody you know that they are giving you false information, which they are and threaten to call the BBB. With what's going on these nobody what's and bad PR. I'm a pretty easy going guy myself, but some times you need to be a "Richard" to get what you want.

Good Luck and Happy Cruising!

Even though your cruise is held by a TA, can’t you still do the L&S request online with Royal? I only got my (super awesome MEI) agent involved because I wanted to L&S to a cruise that the online form didn’t give as an option. 

Or just fill out the online form and it will give you your options... screen shot and send to your TA. 

16 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

How can I convince my TA to get me to a different ship?

Tell your TA to look it on their site:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/CWC_Enhanced_FAQs.pdf

32. Understanding that the same itinerary, stateroom category, sailing length, and timeframe are a requirement, is it essential that my client rebook on the same ship as well?

No, it is not required that your client rebook on the same ship or ship class

Lose Willy Wonka GIF

11 hours ago, BunnyHutt said:

Even though your cruise is held by a TA, can’t you still do the L&S request online with Royal? I only got my (super awesome MEI) agent involved because I wanted to L&S to a cruise that the online form didn’t give as an option. 

Or just fill out the online form and it will give you your options... screen shot and send to your TA. 

I just did this and am booked with a ta.  The form goes to them and then they call you.

FYI  I had to use explorer.  My chrome did not recognize it.

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.185645994.2031442897.1594301114-1087578497.1593266822

Update:

So I sent my TA an email last night with the links to Royals site that has the info listed saying that it looks to me that I don't have to stay on the same ship.

Lo and behold today at lunch I get a voice mail and email from the TA " Oh look I talked with Royal and I am able to get you switched to Symphony!". Yeah thanks That is all I wanted to hear.

But why did "I" have to do all this? It was her job in the 1st place.

And that is why I am going to go with MEI for all my future sailings.  

11 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

So I sent my TA an email last night with the links to Royals site that has the info listed saying that it looks to me that I don't have to stay on the same ship.

Lo and behold today at lunch I get a voice mail and email from the TA " Oh look I talked with Royal and I am able to get you switched to Symphony!". Yeah thanks That is all I wanted to hear.

Very glad to hear this ended up working out in your favor.  Sorry you had to jump through so many hoops to make it happen.

12 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Good call. ?

38 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Update:

YIPPEE !!!  So glad you got it sorted out, even if it was painful.  I totally agree with @USCG Teacher....going with MEI next time is a good move !

1 minute ago, crisgold52 said:

Actually I disagree. When my own TA went AWOL I submitted the necessary paperwork and got the booking released to me within 2 weeks. Only then could I discuss the financials. 

You were very fortunate.  If an Agent doesn't want to voluntarily give up the booking it is really difficult to move.  

Glad to hear it all worked out in the end. You have a TA to be an advocate, not an adversary.

Although this is our first cruise with MEI, I have nothing but high praise for them to this point. Short example. Found out on June 20th our TA was leaving MEI. Contacted our new TA on the 25th requesting a Lift & Shift. Lift & Shift completed on the 26th.

How's that for service?