Drink package

4 hours ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

No wait, and they'll give you a bottle of water or 3 with no questions asked

If a bartender sees you order a drink, walk away and then come back to order another drink they will immediately question if you handed that drink off to someone else.  If it continues they will in fact revoke your drink package and every drink becomes at bar prices.  

If you are sitting there at the bar drinking quickly they wont question you except for if you get out of control.

6 minutes ago, marti314 said:

If a bartender sees you order a drink, walk away and then come back to order another drink they will immediately question if you handed that drink off to someone else.  If it continues they will in fact revoke your drink package and every drink becomes at bar prices.  

If you are sitting there at the bar drinking quickly they wont question you except for if you get out of control.

Maybe it's because I tip with each drink, but after day 1, they've made me rounds back to back with 0 issue, and that doesn't even involve walking away with the first one. I have bars I prefer, so I like to get multiple if I'm headed to a certain area for an extended period of time.

There is no set period of time between drink orders but usually you can't go back up with a full drink in your hand and order the 2nd one.  They'll want you to finish the first drink.  Once you get to be known by a bartender, they're usually more lax on it. 

I've never had an issue ordering a non-alcoholic drink with an alcoholic drink at the same time.  They have no issues with giving you a bottle of water with your alcoholic drink.

18 hours ago, marti314 said:

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

They'll want you to finish the first drink.

Yep, I've witnessed first hand. Friend orders drink, friend gets drink, friend asks bartender what someone else ordered as it looked good, bartender advised, friend requested, friend denied due to just being handed a drink, friend chugged drink at bar, friend then ordered other drink, bartender provided with a smile. That entire exchange was about 30 seconds.

However, exceptions have been made if a bartender or cocktail server trusts you (and you take care of them) as @CruisinForABruisin implied. I've had the guy coming around with rum punches hand me one as the cocktail service was coming back with my drink. He almost insisted I take it :). Also on my last cruise in the music hall I took care of the cocktail servers and they took care of me, no questions asked just kept the drinks flowing. 

Edited by sk8erguy1978
add

52 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

However, exceptions have been made if a bartender or cocktail server trusts you (and you take care of them) as @CruisinForABruisin implied. 

Take care of the bartenders and they take care of you.  Often a new drink magically appears before the last one is half gone.  

MJwmsak.jpg

I'll echo some of the responses already posted here....the short answer is... typically no time limit, and getting a bottle of H2O is usually no issue. 

The long response and recommendation is to get to know your bartenders. Find a couple of your favorite spots and hang out with them there. They will take care of you, give great service, and look out for you. 

Case in point.... last year on Harmony for a guys cruise, we would frequent the Schooner Bar. After a couple days our lovely bar tender would see us coming, and have bottles of water ready and basically have the vodka bottle handy and ready to pour. But more importantly... there was 'one night'... where our group was having fun... but one person in particular was having a LOT of fun. And the sweet bar tender basically let us know to slow him down, and made him drink at least 2 bottles of water before she would serve him again. And she did it in such a great way as to not embarrass anyone... and still kept everyone having a great time. She let us know that if he got officially 'Cut-off'... he would be cut off for 24 hours and she didn't want him to ruin his next day. We made sure to thank her for that... and in fact did have a great time the rest of the week. We made sure to tip her out at the end of the week with a nice envelope of cash. 

Point being... have fun and enjoy your drink package. Don't go crazy... and if you have a night that you plan on getting plastered... do it at a bar where you have gotten to know your bartender well. 

Cheers.

~KCCO~

Keep Calm and Cruise on