Will You Still Cruise with Social Distancing?

On 7/8/2020 at 1:14 PM, Yo2slick said:

I just dont see how social distancing would even be possible on a ship.  People are literally everywhere, touching everything and not to mention you are breathing recirculated air on the ship.  My wife and I have decided that we are going to wait until all of this blows over and things get back to a normal state.  After dealing with all of this on land I can't imagine paying to deal with it on vacation.  Just my opinion.  

I agree and I will say again I wouldn’t trust a lower level pool deck hand to stand up to a pax who isn’t respecting the rules just as I wouldn’t trust someone who has been on the drink package all day to respect “the distance”.  

I’ve seen enough of the moron v moron fights about masks, space, sneezing on land...  how will those “discussions” go onboard, at 10:30 PM?  

On 7/8/2020 at 11:05 AM, Mrs. Thomas said:

This virus doesn't make you just "drop dead". It isn't the black death. If you have an underlying condition then by all means, please wait until you feel safe. For the relatively healthy person you have a small chance of dying from the virus. There are multiple statistics on it. That being said, do what you think is necessary to stay healthy.

Yeah, we know the stats.  That wasn't my point -- my point is that the risk has been underestimated, and we are all paying the price for it now. My wife is a nurse, my dad was a physician, and I have a research statistics background.  There are too many healthy people who get seriously ill, so as a senior, I am erring to the side of safety, as I believe most new cruisers will do.  That said, just this week our veterinarian was talking to clients without a mask while all the techs insisted on wearing them (as did we).  If we are patient, we'll get to the other side and enjoy safe cruising.