Shore Excursions for Greece

M First

Hi All,

The family and I will be going on a 7 day Greece cruise in June 2021 need some advise on the shore excursions Parents are in mid 50's kids are 19 triplets [Two Girls and one boy]

Ports:

Kotor

Corfu

Athens

Mykonos

Argostoli

What are some good activates we must attend.

Thank you

Michael

19 hours ago, M First said:

Hi All,

The family and I will be going on a 7 day Greece cruise in June 2021 need some advise on the shore excursions Parents are in mid 50's kids are 19 triplets [Two Girls and one boy]

Ports:

Kotor

Corfu

Athens

Mykonos

Argostoli

Thank you

Michael

For Athens, I think the Parthenon is good, if you can handle the crowds (get there early in the AM).  It's just something worth seeing, as we've all read about ancient Greece.  Having done it in 2011, on our next visit we would try museums and shopping at the bazaar.

On 7/6/2020 at 6:35 PM, M First said:

Hi All,

Ports:

Kotor

Corfu

Athens

Mykonos

Argostoli

Thank you

Michael

We will be on the same cruise but in Oct 2021. We have decided on the Bay of Kotor-small group tour and the Highlights of Athens-small group tour. They both seem to cover a lot of different sites, all within about 4hrs. The Athens tour ends with 3hrs of independent time to shop and explore. We have found generally the longer the tour the less time you actually spend at each site and the more time you spend on the bus getter from one site to another. More isn't always better.

Happy Cruising!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Auto said:

We took this same cruise in Nov 2018, here's my trip report:

Thanks @Auto. I remember reading it when you did it last year, looking forward to our own cruise, just 11mos later. Turns out it will be roughly 23 mos later do to the world Covid Pandemic. Hurry up 10/2/2021!

On 7/7/2020 at 12:35 AM, M First said:

Hi All,

Ports:

Kotor

Corfu

Athens

Mykonos

Argostoli

I feel like this is a good time to reflect in our tourist habits and really think about what we want to do and experience at places we visit.  Must see lists are part of the cause of over tourism in a lot of places around the world. If everyone visits the same tourist attractions in places then it's less enjoyable and meaningful for everyone.  I love art but hated visiting the Hermitage in St. Petersburg because it was rammed with people just ticking off a list.

What do you and your family enjoy? History? Architecture? Food? Beaches? Then do some research and find out what is on offer that suits your interests at each port.