bottled water in carry on or in suitcase?

Lora

Here is Matt's answer about bottle water:

Royal Caribbean's rule about bringing bottled water, or any beverages, is simple: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port.

In practice, when it comes to bottled water and even soft drinks, we've rarely seen this rule enforced.  We cannot guarantee you will not have your water confiscated but if you felt very strongly about trying to bring bottled water with you, then we would recommend putting the bottled water in your carry on luggage and hoping for the best. 

By far, Royal Caribbean is much more concerned with guests attempting to bring alcohol onboard than bottles of water.  But you should be aware that technically it is against the rules to bring any beverage onboard.

I cruise with a woman, no matter what cruise line, brings a 12 pack, not 24, of the small bottles of water and has never been stopped. She carrys the water on the ship.

As Matt said, it could be confiscated or you can be told to go on through.

Candie

This question seems to hit the board about once per month. The official simple short answer is not allowed. But as Matt posted it is done all the time by many people and no one ever seems to get stopped. But I would also ask this "What is the problem if you are stopped and they say no... you lose $5.00 worth of water" ? It is not like you are carrying Johnny Walker Blue Label at $150 dollars a bottle..... Take the water, 99.99 % of the time no issues and if stopped and not allowed no big issue here.

• 3 months later...

We carried a 24 pack of water on board Freedom without any issue. They won't let you send it with your check in bags (in case it leaks would be my guess), so I carried it over my shoulder until our room was ready, which I had no issue doing. Plenty of water around the ship at the bars, but it was nice to keep some bottles in our room.