Takeout Specialty Dining

ted52

Will the specialty dining restaurants allow you to take out a meal? I am planning for a 60th birthday dinner for my mother next year. Would love to arrange for chops on our balcony one of the nights (and by arrange I mean we bring it up to our room ourselves) We are doing UDP so will also have the opportunity to visit many of them throughout the week

I was able to do it at Chops.  I did have a reservation though and had to convince them to let me do it to-go.  They kept trying to seat me despite my not being dressed for it.  Finally they relented and 5 minutes later I had my food on a plate with a room service lid and rolled silverware.  I would suggest you make a reservation and then go down a bit early and explain that you want it to go.  They don't have trays, so you'll have to carry stacks of plates if you end up ordering the full meal.  I was only ordering a steak to-go, so it was a little easier.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

I would suggest you make a reservation and then go down a bit early and explain that you want it to go.

I would say that this is prudent advice for any sort of special request: time is your friend. Giving the staff a heads up not only increases the likelihood that they'll be able to accommodate you, it also reduces the stress level on them.

On 7/6/2020 at 7:02 PM, USCG Teacher said:

I would say that this is prudent advice for any sort of special request: time is your friend. Giving the staff a heads up not only increases the likelihood that they'll be able to accommodate you, it also reduces the stress level on them.

Thank you! I will definitely make a reservation. 

On 7/6/2020 at 5:57 PM, AshleyDillo said:

I was able to do it at Chops.  I did have a reservation though and had to convince them to let me do it to-go.  They kept trying to seat me despite my not being dressed for it.  Finally they relented and 5 minutes later I had my food on a plate with a room service lid and rolled silverware.  I would suggest you make a reservation and then go down a bit early and explain that you want it to go.  They don't have trays, so you'll have to carry stacks of plates if you end up ordering the full meal.  I was only ordering a steak to-go, so it was a little easier.

Awesome news, thank you! our balcony is on 8 so will have to carry a lot but not too far

On 7/8/2020 at 7:09 PM, ted52 said:

Awesome news, thank you! our balcony is on 8 so will have to carry a lot but not too far

Not sure what ship you will be on, but Izumi will do sushi in to-go containers.  Playmakers, Johnny Rockets, and Portside all had to-go boxes as well.  Playmakers was especially awesome for swinging by to grab a snack to eat while watching an aquatheater show.

On 7/10/2020 at 6:55 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Not sure what ship you will be on, but Izumi will do sushi in to-go containers.  Playmakers, Johnny Rockets, and Portside all had to-go boxes as well.  Playmakers was especially awesome for swinging by to grab a snack to eat while watching an aquatheater show.

Wow, I didn't know that! This is helpful. We are on Oasis. Pretty excited as we have both been on Allure (me twice) so I'm interested to see what the amplification on Oasis looks like. Before the amplification it's my understanding that Oasis and Allure were pretty much the same. 

3 hours ago, ted52 said:

Wow, I didn't know that! This is helpful. We are on Oasis. Pretty excited as we have both been on Allure (me twice) so I'm interested to see what the amplification on Oasis looks like. Before the amplification it's my understanding that Oasis and Allure were pretty much the same. 

They did an amazing job with the AMP...and with the addition of Playmakers and Portside makes great use of getting the UDP!