Best Solarium

My wife and I really love the Solariums on RC. So much that that may be one of the determining factors on picking a ship and cruise, as silly as that might seem.

With that being said, which RC ship has the best solarium and why?

Happy cruising!

Quantum class have the best Solarium.  

The layout, size and design gives it visual appeal with different water features and quad-ish hot tubs with awesome forward views. 

The pool isn't suitable for laps, it's more of a sitting pool so the only drawback is for folks looking for a deepwater pool to swim in.  

bm5zNfq.jpg

rFCU1lj.jpg

THTyrPl.jpg

nx7jX73.jpg

I would agree on the Quantum class ships.  We sailed on Anthem (first Quantum for us) and found that the solarium was a big reason we love that class now.  The solarium is laid out effectively with nice loungers and pods.  It also has a little swing in front of the pool.  My wife and I enjoyed a little swing and chat like we were kids (we are in our 50's).  I do not think you can go wrong on that class or that solarium!

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Any RC Solarium without kids is a great one! ?

? we find it the perfect place to go when we board the Anthem, especially in the fall or early spring. bypass the windjammer crowds,  Bistro opens up we get a pate of food and just relax till we can go to our cabin, and it is the perfect place to just relax during the cruise.

3 hours ago, Pooch said:

Stop!!!!  I’ve been closing my eyes & plugging my ears when you all talk about the larger ships.  So far we have happily stayed small (Majesty, Mariner, Rhapsody in Feb). How am I supposed to do that when you show me pictures like that?!?!!

@Pooch My first cruises were on Freedom class ships (all three) and then worked up to the larger Quantum and Oasis class ships.  All of them are very nice. 

Now when I see @Matt pictures below --- I think the smaller ships look very tempting.

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

Radiance Class has the best Solariums.

While I do think Quantum Class solariums are nice, the Radiance Class is perfect. Lots of glass, beautiful backdrop and good mix of space (plus it has Park Cafe inside!)

DSC_0726_0.jpg

DSC_0144_5.jpg

20 hours ago, DMLM said:

I would agree on the Quantum class ships.  We sailed on Anthem (first Quantum for us) and found that the solarium was a big reason we love that class now.  The solarium is laid out effectively with nice loungers and pods.  It also has a little swing in front of the pool.  My wife and I enjoyed a little swing and chat like we were kids (we are in our 50's).  I do not think you can go wrong on that class or that solarium!

Only thing we found not so good about the Anthem's solarium was the fact that you can not open any windows and they do not retract portions of the roof. We were on the Anthem last June going to Bermuda and it So got pretty warm in there. Why you may ask? Well the Anthem was the Royal ship in 2016, if my memory serves me right, that was headed for a hurricane, changed its course and ran into another storm at sea. The roof and many windows were open in the solarium and she took on massive amounts of water with serious damage. So now it's SOP (standard operating procedure) for the Anthem to keep her solarium buttoned up. :27_sunglasses:

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

Radiance Class has the best Solariums.

While I do think Quantum Class solariums are nice, the Radiance Class is perfect. Lots of glass, beautiful backdrop and good mix of space (plus it has Park Cafe inside!)

DSC_0726_0.jpg

DSC_0144_5.jpg

Ooooh is that Brilliance?

29 minutes ago, rjac said:

if my memory serves me right, that was headed for a hurricane, changed its course and ran into another storm at sea. The roof and many windows were open in the solarium and she took on massive amounts of water with serious damage. So now it's SOP (standard operating procedure) for the Anthem to keep her solarium buttoned up. :27_sunglasses:

They sailed near a hurricane with the solarium roof open?  

Have you taken employment with a Florida based ambulance chasing attorney?