Odyssey sailing canceled

Just saw the news that the odyssey will be delayed, and all sailings through April 2021 are canceled. I had a cruse booked for March 2021, it’s obviously canceled, I booked via Costco, and just paid the deposit so far. I also booked as refundable. Here’s my questions :

if I choose fcc, what do I do?

do I have to wait for Costco?

can I book another in the mean time while waiting for the fix , then apply it to The new booking?

i also have a bunch of purchases on the cruise Planner , that I believe I can choose credit for that as well?

TIA for your answers 

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

I suggest waiting a couple of days for the dust to settle.  Travel agencies are just getting notified like the rest of us.  Let a few other guests be the guinea pigs.  There is no hurry to deal with it today.

I was planning on waiting, but we have other cruises in mind, for that same week, and didn’t want the price to jump, and or availability go away. 

@twangster do they automatically refund cruise planner items if I am not interested in the 125% cruise planner offerings? I went in and tried to cancel myself, two drink packages, a cabana and some keys but the website pretty much did the equivalent of the funky chicken, yikes....I am glad they finally told us instead of taking our final payment and then telling us!

chicken GIF by floatingwoo

14 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@twangster do they automatically refund cruise planner items if I am not interested in the 125% cruise planner offerings? I went in and tried to cancel myself, two drink packages, a cabana and some keys but the website pretty much did the equivalent of the funky chicken, yikes....I am glad they finally told us instead of taking our final payment and then telling us!

When I log into the cruise planner I now am presented this:

1928736684_OYcancelationCPwording.thumb.jpeg.842d0e9b9542befe0c5dcf2200ea961b.jpeg

I can click "Order History" and see my past purchases.

30 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@twangster, Outstanding, when I went back in I received the same thing. Then I went "into it" and located my answer! If I don't 'Click here" my monies will go to places unknown and should re-appear as a refund to my original form of payment 45 days from 17 July 2020! 

45 BUSINESS days, lol

2 hours ago, twangster said:

When I log into the cruise planner I now am presented this:

1928736684_OYcancelationCPwording.thumb.jpeg.842d0e9b9542befe0c5dcf2200ea961b.jpeg

I can click "Order History" and see my past purchases.

Interesting. I am not finding your Important Update anywhere in my cruise planner after I log in. Did I miss something?:27_sunglasses:

28 minutes ago, rjac said:

Interesting. I am not finding your Important Update anywhere in my cruise planner after I log in. Did I miss something?:27_sunglasses:

Try browsing to a shore excursion like you want to buy one. 

The link to request the CP 125% credit is:

https://pcpoffer.questionpro.com/

Applies to Jewel and Odyssey only.  

5 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

So I have $200in OBC that I am going to lose..if I book an excursion now...would I get the 125% FCC?...looks like I can still book stuff in my booking as of right now.

The 125% is calculated based on what you paid out of pocket.  You'll lose the OBC unless you're gonna L&S and it's the kind of OBC that can be transferred,

@cman2020 The FCC is on what you paid only. As you booked refundable I would personally take the cash, FCC as a lot of rules. Once you apply it to a sailing you will never have any cash value again. If you had paid the entire fare it would have been FCC in the fare amount but the taxes and fees returned in cash. They are not giving you an FCC in anything you have not paid.

Just now, Ampurp85 said:

@cman2020 The FCC is on what you paid only. As you booked refundable I would personally take the cash, FCC as a lot of rules. Once you apply it to a sailing you will never have any cash value again. If you had paid the entire fare it would have been FCC in the fare amount but the taxes and fees returned in cash. They are not giving you an FCC in anything you have not paid.

Thanks for your help, 1 more questions,  then for cruise planner purchases, what’s the policy there? We booked a drink package and a a cabana I believe, but you can’t get the 125% obc with out picking the fcc for the actual cruise or you can? 

33 minutes ago, cman2020 said:

Thanks for your help, 1 more questions,  then for cruise planner purchases, what’s the policy there? We booked a drink package and a a cabana I believe, but you can’t get the 125% obc with out picking the fcc for the actual cruise or you can? 

They are separate.  The form to use to apply for the 125% obc is in the cruise planner - when you choose your sailing as though you were going to go in and book something it's at the top.