Royal Caribbean Blog

Just received my cruise planner refunds today. Thanks to RSS escalations I got my refunds in under two weeks. The biggest hurdle normally is when the request is made by he RCL agent in the system to how long it takes the request to get to accounting.

Normally once biggest to accounting the Dispersal takes 2 days or so.

Noticed i also got an untraceable extra $30 refund that RCL accounting may have inadvertently doled out. I track all my refunds on a spreadsheet and all my refunds are the exact denominations I pay but for some reason theres an overage bonus of $30. I've gone thru everything with a fine tooth comb and everything from taxes to deposit is accounted for. Has anyone ever gotten more than what they were supposed to get? RCL advised that all refunds had been dispersed and they verbally confirmed all amounts are complete and dispersed and they confirmed there was nothing with a denomination if $30. 

Also called my CC company and they advised once a merchant posts a refund even if it's a refund in error the merchant cannot take that BONUS back as that would then become a unauthorized charge.

Some background...I think they may have inadvertently refunded partial taxes from the original first wave in April. But again all my four cancelled cruises this year are all fully accounted for so this appears to be a $30 error on the part of their accounting.

So it looks like due to an accounting error I just got an extra $30 dispersed which I was unable to trace since everything else adds up. Anyone else have something like this happen?

@crisgold52 thank you so much for advising of this. I have been waiting since April 22, 2020 I spreadsheet also and it is just under $3000.00 CP not counting taxes and port fees. Did you talk or do anything extra to fast track this (escalate) ? How long have you been waiting in total? 

The last time I called albeit told all was coming my way I still have nothing, I want to be patient so info like yours helps me in deciding where I  am at in the process, thank you so much. waiting gif GIF

Yes I know my shortcuts around how the call centre works. 

For refunds generally it's best to escalate to RSS as they can manually submit a request to accounting for Dispersal. The vast majority of requests are automatic and are done in batches apparently based on order of priority. However RSS can fast track this. Generally the RSS agents can do many things the front line agents cannot do. However you will need to advise the front line agents why you need to get thru to RSS.

WHEN calling RCL to avoid long hold times I'd call after 9 pm PST or midnight EST. If calling during DAY time hours... Preas EXT 3 THEN EXT 1 for travel agent support. The front line agents on the other end does not know id the caller is a travel agent as it's just a faster routing to the guest relations department. Its beats waiting on hold for the EXT 4 which is existing reservations when it's the same team haha. 

This latest round of refunds took 10 days. Only because you sorta need to know how to phrase things and be technical. Having called RCL a lot over the past year does help with various tickets or service requests being fulfilled. I joke sometimes that I'm almost like a travel agent but I'm not. I work in logistics. 

Anyways has anyone else gotten any BONUS refunds in error? Getting $30 was surprising 

15 minutes ago, crisgold52 said:

For refunds generally it's best to escalate to RSS as they can manually submit a request to accounting for Dispersal. The vast majority of requests are automatic and are done in batches apparently based on order of priority. However RSS can fast track this. Generally the RSS agents can do many things the front line agents cannot do. However you will need to advise the front line agents why you need to get thru to RSS.

I apologize, what is RSS?

9 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

So it looks like due to an accounting error I just got an extra $30 dispersed which I was unable to trace since everything else adds up. Anyone else have something like this happen?

You would never believe my story.  :27_sunglasses:

I forget the exact amount but we did get an extra $10-$30 more than expected. I just chalk it up to something beyond my control - a change in taxes? Fees?

The most annoying part of doing the math was that it was separated into 8 different transactions. I couldn’t figure out which transaction was for what - none of the refund amounts matched up to anything on the invoice. The only one I could figure out was that the Cruise Planner purchases were lumped into one transaction.