CDC -- Petition Link to White House

For what it's worth, I found this petition on a group I follow...it was started earlier this evening and has a long way to go. If you are inclined, please sign and share.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/cdc-going-destroy-cruise-industry?fbclid=IwAR2TguDcOHEQNgbnWmRPs_fW4TdDaLF1kaV4rp_3BdoAIKjgJm_5oOzc48w

I like the idea although I think the petition could have been written better. 

At the moment I think the CDC is doing the right thing but I do think they'll remain too restrictive longer than they'll need to and that is when they'll do irreparable harm to the cruise industry.  

If this petition is successful it will take months for the process to work and any, if any, outcome to begin.  Any attention or awareness to the issue at the federal level is a good thing.  

13 hours ago, DunkelBierJay said:

For what it's worth, I found this petition on a group I follow...it was started earlier this evening and has a long way to go. If you are inclined, please sign and share.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/cdc-going-destroy-cruise-industry?fbclid=IwAR2TguDcOHEQNgbnWmRPs_fW4TdDaLF1kaV4rp_3BdoAIKjgJm_5oOzc48w

Done!

Articles like this tend to get buried....it is dated in late May

It seems like no one with influence calls out CDC, Fauci and others...it all seems like it's either a game to them or they are saving face...the information consolidates snippets that have been out there since the beginning, and now with infections going up and death rates going down, my family may have to watch me bang my head against the wall.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/05/28/863944333/antibody-tests-point-to-lower-death-rate-for-the-coronavirus-than-first-thought?utm_campaign=npr&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR2pflAGc1mR2fl3-US8mWa85JdQfjx1Z2g3-b1WimYTuOXs-njO-sva1rc

I saw Genting cruise line, parent of Dream cruises out of Taiwan, will begin sailing 26 July.  They announced their health protocols.  Virgin cruises also published a top level protocols and plan to commence in Oct.  Would think we should be seeing some similar publication from RCL.  Options are floated like buffet adjustments, restricted ship occupancy, but have not seen a back to business plan published from RCL yet.