Silver Lining

With all of the bad going around I have been able to find a silver lining. I got in contact with my TA and let him know that I wanted to use my FCC for a rebooking in October. He said that it was already there to use and we are all set. We even get to upgrade from interior rooms to balcony rooms! My mom will now get an ocean view balcony to sit on and drink coffee in the mornings. My MIL and son will have a central park balcony. All I have to do now is wait on the cash refunds, which will probably take longer than I prefer. Now to just hang in there and pray that we ALL are back cruising again soon!

OH, OH, I WANNA PLAY!!!!  I like silver linings. I had a sailing booked on Rhapsody, because it was the only ship going to Roatan (the only request my Honduran wife made for the cruise) the week we could go. THE WHOLE WEEK. Crazy.  But, thanks to our dear friend Covid-19, we were cancelled, and rebooked for a sailing in 2021 that goes to Roatan, AND Coco Cay, on HARMONY. This will be my 1st Oasis class!  AAAAAND were going from an ocean view to an ocean balcony!!!! 

16 hours ago, SteveinSC said:

OH, OH, I WANNA PLAY!!!!  I like silver linings. I had a sailing booked on Rhapsody, because it was the only ship going to Roatan (the only request my Honduran wife made for the cruise) the week we could go. THE WHOLE WEEK. Crazy.  But, thanks to our dear friend Covid-19, we were cancelled, and rebooked for a sailing in 2021 that goes to Roatan, AND Coco Cay, on HARMONY. This will be my 1st Oasis class!  AAAAAND were going from an ocean view to an ocean balcony!!!! 

YAY! I'm happy for you!!

15 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

I'd be more leaning towards a November start date in all likelihood as we all know Sept 15 is a moving target. October might be hit and miss depending how things go. Both NCL and CCL while set for Oct 1 are non committed either. And with cases spiking in southern florida I'd be surprised if anything resumed promptly on Sept 15. Even if HYPOTHETICALLY they resumed Sept 15 it obviously would be a phased start meaning there'd be more inevitable cancellations down the road by late summer for ships that are not part of this phased start. So there WILL be more cancellations I'm assuming by August though unsure if it will be fleet wide or certain ships. I myself am on MARINER in mid November. 

Thanks Eeyore. I guess there is always that one person that must rain on a person's parade and pop the balloons at the party. :34_rolling_eyes: This was supposed to be a POSITIVE post about seeing the GOOD and finding the BRIGHT SIDE of things. I hope you find something to make you happy because staying pessimistic isn't healthy.

We just booked AFT Corner Balcony for 08/2021 on Deck 7 of Freedom Class with our FCC from 03/2020.   

Went from Interior to almost the biggest balcony on the ship... ?

Love the drop-down ceiling bed for our daughter vs the sofa bed...

That Balcony.... drool....

Trying to decide to show this video to the family or just surprise them...

37 minutes ago, Scatmanjack said:

We just booked AFT Corner Balcony for 08/2021 on Deck 7 of Freedom Class with our FCC from 03/2020.   

SURPRISE THEM!! My kids don't even know we are going on a cruise. So the fact we have balcony rooms now is going to make it better when they find out. I'm even going to surprise them special with the excursions I have for them as they are things they love.

I guess a silver lining is I L&S to a new ship. My job isn't allowing travel or vacation until after Feb 2021. I had a 4 night Mariner Jan 2021 that I planned to turn into a B2B or S2S. So I L&S the Mariner to a Jan 2022 Indy that I plan to turn into a S2S. I have been on Mariner but never on Indy so I get to explore a whole new ship. This also means I might be able to squeeze in another cruise sometime in 2021, when things settle down a bit.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I guess a silver lining is I L&S to a new ship. My job isn't allowing travel or vacation until after Feb 2021. I had a 4 night Mariner Jan 2021 that I planned to turn into a B2B or S2S. So I L&S the Mariner to a Jan 2022 Indy that I plan to turn into a S2S. I have been on Mariner but never on Indy so I get to explore a whole new ship. This also means I might be able to squeeze in another cruise sometime in 2021, when things settle down a bit.

That's the way! You get to have a different adventure and maybe even an extra cruise! WooHoo!!

4 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

We have a similar balcony set-up with a corner balcony JS on Rhapsody Greek Isle cruise, now rebooked for 10/21.