Decision

We are currently booked on a 3/12/21 southern Caribbean booking on odyssey of the seas, with the possibility of a delay in the ship being delivered , and the report that prices might go up, we have selected a few back up cruises for the same week timeframe , both western Caribbean, almost same intineirary that I am about to book as a back up. One being on the oasis , one being symphony , what are the main diff between the 2 ships, I know oasis was recently amped. Is there any reason to pick one over the other? TIA

If you have booked Odyssey they can't raise your rate.  For folks who haven't booked yet, they are the ones that may end up paying higher prices.

That being said, Oasis and Symphony are equally great ships and both will provide an incredible experience.  The main differences are subtle such as a different broadway show, different ice skating show and different aqua theater show.  Some of the specialty restaurants are different.  The layout of the adult only solarium is slightly different.

There is more in common than different, both are great ships.

7 hours ago, twangster said:

If you have booked Odyssey they can't raise your rate.  For folks who haven't booked yet, they are the ones that may end up paying higher prices.

That being said, Oasis and Symphony are equally great ships and both will provide an incredible experience.  The main differences are subtle such as a different broadway show, different ice skating show and different aqua theater show.  Some of the specialty restaurants are different.  The layout of the adult only solarium is slightly different.

There is more in common than different, both are great ships.

Awesome thanks, yea I know they can’t raise my odyssey rate, but I meant to books a backup, I was going to wait till I heard more about odyssey, but who knows when that would be and then at that point maybe prices would be higher for that back up booking. 

In yesterdays "Coffee Talk" with agents the "OY" delivery delay was brought up. Me Goldner replied we'd hear w/in the next week or 2. 

I'm still hoping for original sail date of 11-5 but I've always been an optimist (even with a nickname like Hagar the Horrible ;>)

I would be pretty confident that it will NOT be delayed past your sail date.....that's 5 months after the expected arrival time....its not that far behind at this point.

I hope we do hear something soon...final payment date is coming in 5 weeks....we wont pay the balance if we dont know if its sailing so...

Same here, our final payment due date is August 22, 2020 for a November 20, 2020 sailing. Sadly I think they have to know by now if she is on schedule or not, will they wait and take all of our monies before advising of the delay? Quite a quandary for us as we have thousands tied up in RCCL with zero response as to when we will see our refunds, a very very bitter pill to swallow. I just wish they would treat their customers and travel partners with a tiny bit of respect, I was always an advocate but as the weeks wear on....not so much! Excuse me Mr. Fain, please get a haircut and then address our concerns, thank you.

11 hours ago, Neesa said:

So ship build plus COVID equals not sure I'm handing over one more penny. So sad, I love being on the water.

That's where we are at...looks like it will be a Caribbean vacation on land in the fall(if our borders are open by then)...there is WAY too much uncertainly and Royal is NOT being forthcoming with information in my opinion..we are not giving them thousands either(plus flights and hotels to figure it out etc) to sit on and let us know at their convivence if the cruise will happen.