Prices Going Up on Cruises

RBRSKI

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The way I read it, they would simply combine the FCC that you already paid on that cruise and the final FCC that would be created as a result of that cancelled cruise into 1.  1 FCC instead of 2 as a result.  Better....but they still aren't allowing more than 1 FCC to be applied to a booking, as far as I can tell.  I have more than a half dozen FCC's just sitting there waiting to be placed somewhere.  If I place one of the little bitty ones onto as very expensive cruise, then that cruise can never receive another FCC.  So I have to be very selective on which FCCs I place onto which cruise.  It's nice to know that if they cancel a cruise where I have placed an FCC (which has already happened), I will just get 1 FCC rather than 2....but that is not as helpful to me as a new policy which would allow multiple FCC's to be applied, would be.

This all has me: 

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

So then, not at all what I thought it was. MY BAAAAD. I can see how that would be frustrating, especially at these times when cruisers like you have several cancelled sailings and too much FCC to juggle.

My only wish is that I can apply cruise credits from ONE CABIN to ONE CABIN how I wish. Meaning, we got FCC independently for me, my wife, and my boys in different amounts....I wish I could distribute that how I wish within the cabin. TA seems to think if she calls enough times, she should be able to get someone on the line that will do that....but yet to be determined. 

20 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Exactly.  For the one that we had applied, Royal simply adjusted the cruise price.  So for any price drops, I was comparing the my cruise price with the current price on a mock booking.  I didn't realize that I should have compared with the cruise cost from the previous invoice.  Good to know going forward that I should be looking at the price before the FCC was applied and compare to the current price.  So if its like a payment, then could switch a room category and not worry about losing the FCC.  Thanks so much for the info.  

I just upgraded a studio interior to an ocean view.  FCC was left alone, I just needed to follow the math to make sure my new invoice was correct.

47 minutes ago, SteveinSC said:

My only wish is that I can apply cruise credits from ONE CABIN to ONE CABIN how I wish. Meaning, we got FCC independently for me, my wife, and my boys in different amounts....I wish I could distribute that how I wish within the cabin. TA seems to think if she calls enough times, she should be able to get someone on the line that will do that....but yet to be determined. 

Yes.  I agree.  This is another problem they need to solve.

46 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes.  I agree.  This is another problem they need to solve.

Yes, huge problem.  I made my June sailing my hubby's name first and then myself, so his FCC we have just received is a large amount and myself as passenger # 2 not so much. BUT I just noticed since I am the cruise planner, I research and work closely with my MEI guru Sharla, my name is first on the sailing I want to use the FCC on. 

The last thing I want to do is make her job harder, but my fare is way more then my FCC and his fare is way less, ugh! Why do they make this so hard? 

Update;

June 28, 2020 sailing FCC 125% received, Cruise Planner purchases in the amount of just under $3000.00 cancelled April 22, 2020 no refund still.....

23 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

Just booked a cruise with MEI this week using FCC to cover Deposit and Fare.   MEI agent advised she would not be able to reprice cruise if there was a future price drop if I went this route and didn't pay separate deposit... 

Paul

Hmm, is that because there's no actual cash on the reservation to refund? This might be a shortfall of the FCC system, where zero cash means inability to refund small FCC values.

50 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hmm, is that because there's no actual cash on the reservation to refund? This might be a shortfall of the FCC system, where zero cash means inability to refund small FCC values.

It would be nice to know for sure if this was true.  I asked a Royal representative about this because after the FCC was applied the cruise fare was reduced to almost nothing.  My remaining balance is about $700 which is mostly taxes, fees and gratuities.  The receipt only shows the reduced cruise fare and doesn't actually show the FCC applied.  I have kept a record of what the cruise fare was before the FCC was applied and the Royal rep said he could see it as well.  He said it was still possible to reprice.

I haven't needed to reprice yet to test it.  The rep mentioned something about it being a OBC.as compared to a price reduction but I don't know.  I'm tired of my FCC and I just want to use it and be done.  I don't much care for my future flight credit either but I'm disputing that.

After the ordeals I went through with previous refunds and fccs and all the lies, I'm cautious about moving too far ahead. That being said,  I booked two more once all the other stuff was sorted out... Then I find myself circling a third like a shark. As I tighten the circle I am noticing price swings all over the place. It gets me looking at the ones I booked to see if any breaks but they are both steadily higher each time I check. This third one is farther out (date wise)  and wondering if I should grab it before it does smooth out and go up?

16 minutes ago, deep1 said:

After the ordeals I went through with previous refunds and fccs and all the lies, I'm cautious about moving too far ahead. That being said,  I booked two more once all the other stuff was sorted out... Then I find myself circling a third like a shark. As I tighten the circle I am noticing price swings all over the place. It gets me looking at the ones I booked to see if any breaks but they are both steadily higher each time I check. This third one is farther out (date wise)  and wondering if I should grab it before it does smooth out and go up?

How much more is fully refundable on it?

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

How much more is fully refundable on it?

No Idea... When I do these mock booking it doesn't give me the option...  I don't think going RCL direct that option has ever been presented up front. 

Good Morning All,

I am totally shocked, amazed and surprised that on Royal's site NO "Fourth of July Sale" is going on!( a little sarcasm).  I would think they would have just thrown up this type of sale just to have you think prices on cruises have gone down!

www.royalcaribbean.com   Don't see the Red, White and Blue on this page!

Anyway,  Wishing you all a safe, wonderful and grateful Independence Day!!!!

My wife is listed on all of our bookings as "Amanda" (to match her passport info); however for some reason her Cruise Planner FCC was issued in the name of "Mandy" so when we applied it to one of our future sailings we received an email from RCCL the following day advising that it had been rejected due to the passenger name not being the same! ?

The RCCL CS rep could not explain why it has been issued in this way (the only thing we can think of is that Mandy is her preferred name with CAS) but to their credit they sorted it, (albeit after placing me on hold for about 30 mins).

However we see that the same applies to my wife's cruise fare FCC, so when we do finally apply it (as per my earlier post in this thread we are currently holding off pending more info on the fate of 2020 European and/or early 2021 Port Liberty cruises) we are going to have go through the same thing again. ?

But if it ultimately means us cruising we will willing take the additional inconvenience.

2 hours ago, Ian T said:

The RCCL CS rep could not explain why it has been issued in this way (the only thing we can think of is that Mandy is her preferred name with CAS) but to their credit they sorted it, (albeit after placing me on hold for about 30 mins).

I am glad they "sorted it " for you!  Cheers

5 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

I am glad they "sorted it " for you!  Cheers

Yes. I recognise that this situation has been thrust upon them too and from all of the interactions I have had with them over the past couple of months (and there have been a fair few!) I do genuinely believe they are working hard to adapt to the regular changes to the process rules and smooth out the wrinkles that it is creating for guests, often seemingly with not a great deal more info to go on than we have, which is why I make a conscious effort to cut them slack even if I am fighting the urge to scream on the inside.

Think everyone has heard first cruising will be done at reduced capacity.   Rumor (just seen it in a couple of articles) that the break even point on a ship is about 30% - probably depends greatly on the class of ship and itinerary.  We also probably know the entire fleet will not be sailing to begin with.   Maybe 4-8 ships per line will start.   Those who participate on this site alone will account for a lot of penned up demand.  Also rumor that the rooms used for initial cruising will be the higher revenue rooms - balconies, suites upper decks. (And fuel is cheap so far).

Therefore - there might be some decent profit even with operating at the reduced capacity.  We'll have dollars chasing goods & services which is inflationary - prices don't have to be dropped.   

Just a theory