L&S Room Categories

If doing a Lift and Shift and changing classes of ship, does anyone have any knowledge of how broadly RC defines the categories of stateroom? 

We are currently booked this fall in two interior rooms on Liberty of the Seas. If we change to an Oasis class ship, would RC let us change to rooms that are listed as interior but, on paper, have a higher price point, such as connecting rooms, Central Park view, etc? 

I'm just curious if L&S considers all interior rooms to be equal? Or if those types of rooms would be considered a separate category. 

You'll be able to pick a room of the same class (in your case, Interior) and Category (e.g., 1V through 5V, or 1T if you happened to have a promenade-view interior).

Boardwalk and Park View interior rooms on O-class are category 1S, which is a category better than promenade view. Given that O-class does also have the 1T promenade view category, I don't see you being put into a 1S without requesting it from your TA and then paying the difference in price for the category change.

@WesKinetic, the difference in price between a 6V (lowest category in regular interior) and 1V (highest category) should be relatively minor (I'm thinking somewhere around $100 per cabin, maybe a bit more because of the "oasis class premium". All that really distinguishes a lower category from a higher one is the deck (higher deck usually means higher category) and how close to mid-ship (fore and aft are usually lower category on the same deck as mid).

I'm sure your TA can find at least a few options that still work in your budget and get you where you want to be. ?