Tri state area travel advisory

NY, NJ and CT governors just instated a 14 day quarantine for visitors from states with high infection rates.

Just wondering how this will effect Royal? How will this be enforced at the port? I have a cruise on Anthem in February, and although I live in Canada, i was wondering how this would work (assuming the US/Canadian border opens by then).

Chicago doesn't have a travel ban per se but our numbers are considerably low. Illinois has just over 6000 deaths which is bad, but not too bad to include such a large city like Chicago. The Tri state was hit bad, so I can see how if cruises had commenced this summer things could have been bad. However, it is too soon to tell about the reopening and protest or whether that will cause an increase in infections and deaths. These summer months will be the key to everything, because during this time people often relax in every sense of the word.

Agree that it´s to early to know what will happen, long way off. Seems like waiting for christmas when you were a kid, I want to know if they will use the same formula for countries that they are using for states. Who enforces your quarantine, before and after your cruise, we spend the night before in NJ, 

Unless you are coming into the tri-state area from the current high infection areas identified by these governors you are free to visit.  As all states continue to work toward containing the infection, states will be added and deleted from the list as we move forward.  As others have said, there is no way of knowing what the list will look like in February or even what rules will be in effect then.

Right now in CT, visitors from states on the list are asked to self-quarantine - it is voluntary - the State of CT will not enforce the quarantine on anyone to start (the governor can change his mind at any time).  My guess is that 50% of people that choose to fly when heading to CT use the airport in Rhode Island (which is what I do when flying in/out) and it will become harder and harder to monitor/track most visitors to CT.

I can't speak to NY or NJ - since my business is shot for the year I haven't had to travel to either state this year, therefore, I have not really kept up with the rules about travelling to NY & NJ.

@alamode123 - even I get whiplash with the ever changing rules each state makes and then modifies on what seems like an hourly basis.  I have decided to just keep my eyes open for news of the reopening of Bayonne to cruise ships.  Until that decision is announced, there will be no cruising from NJ no matter what happens with borders opening up or even the issues between the cruise lines and the CDC.

Personally I wish the Canadian/US would open asap.  I would love to be able to drive north and visit Canada again while I have lots of time on my hands.  My yard wants me to leave it alone for a while.

1 hour ago, alamode123 said:

I thought that the US was like Canada. Any switching of provinces here requires a 14 day quarantine.

Nope. With the exception of possibly Alaska, Hawaii and now the Tri-state area, we can go wherever we want.  Because we're Americans and want the right to spread our germs wherever we want, I guess, lol.

5 hours ago, alamode123 said:

I thought that the US was like Canada. Any switching of provinces here requires a 14 day quarantine.

I believe here in Maine, we are supposed to either quarantine or have negative test if we go to and come back from any other state besides NH and VT......ditto for all visitors from any state but those two.

On 6/25/2020 at 2:55 PM, Pooch said:

I would think the most used airport to fly into CT would be Bradley International.  Not really sure why 50% of travelers would fly into Rhode Island when Bradley is much more centrally located and actually in CT?‍♀️

I said the 50% was my guess - no real data is required for a guess.  I am equidistant from both airport and have flown to/from both.  TF Greene Airport in RI is easier to get to, is a much nicer experience, can be cheaper, is closer to "tourist areas" among other reasons many avoid Bradley.  I would even consider driving to Boston for an international flight in order to avoid Bradley.  Driving south from Enfield to Bradley is a very different experience than driving to Bradley from many other areas in CT.

19 hours ago, teddy said:

I believe here in Maine, we are supposed to either quarantine or have negative test if we go to and come back from any other state besides NH and VT......ditto for all visitors from any state but those two.

Our governor is considering a negative test result as a way out of the quarantine.  Curious, do Maine's rules state the test has to be taken within a certain number of days before someone visits?

1 hour ago, ptod said:

Our governor is considering a negative test result as a way out of the quarantine.  Curious, do Maine's rules state the test has to be taken within a certain number of days before someone visits?

There is a compliance form that is "supposed" to be filled out.  It states

I certify that ONE of the following is true (PLEASE CHECK ONE):

I have received a negative test result for COVID-19 on a specimen taken no later than 72 hours prior to my arrival, consistent with Maine CDC guidance. OR

I will quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Maine or for the duration of the stay; OR

I have completed a 14-day quarantine in Maine prior to my sta
y.

https://www.maine.gov/decd/sites/maine.gov.decd/files/inline-files/KeepMaineHealthy_GuestComplianceCertificate.pdf

https://www.maine.gov/covid19/restartingmaine/keepmainehealthy/faqs#:~:text=Seasonal homeowners%2C workers traveling to,quarantine in Maine effective immediately.

I put "supposed" in quotes as I really don't believe many people are following the rules.  

Can’t imagine an easier airport than Bradley.  I can go from drop off to gate in less than 15 minutes and that includes checking a bag.  No way that can be done at Logan!  Not to mention actually getting to Logan.  TF Green might be as easy but LOGAN??