New York, New Jersey and Connecticut - NEW 14 Day MANDATORY Quarantine !!

We have had this here in Canada(in some provinces at least) for months now. Borders are closed, policed, and you are turned around unless you have a legit reason to go to another province(essential worker is about it) And if they do let you through its 14 day quarantine, on each side..so 28 days really....been like that since March....

Same for coming into Canada...and yes, they will send you back at the airport on your own dime if its not legit..

But Canada is much more government controlled and regulated than the US....so no surprise..

Welcome to the nightmare we have been dealing with..your Mom is dying??...too bad, you cant be here.

Even when they do open the International border, the 14 day quarantine will still be in place I suspect for Canadians...so the demand from Canadians for cruises wont be picking up anytime soon.

SC is one of the states that is seeing numbers skyrocket.  I go two hours west, and im fly fishing and backpacking in the mountains. I go three hours east, and im in Charleston, eating Shrimp n Grits,  and relaxing on the beach.  Does it get any better? Restrict me to my own state all you want.

Wait.....nevermind.....its HORRIBLE here. You shouldnt move here. We have all kinds of poisonous snakes and spiders....STAY AWAY! 

29 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

We have had this here in Canada(in some provinces at least) for months now. Borders are closed, policed, and you are turned around unless you have a legit reason to go to another province(essential worker is about it) And if they do let you through its 14 day quarantine, on each side..so 28 days really....been like that since March....

Same for coming into Canada...and yes, they will send you back at the airport on your own dime if its not legit..

But Canada is much more government controlled and regulated than the US....so no surprise..

Welcome to the nightmare we have been dealing with..your Mom is dying??...too bad, you cant be here.

Even when they do open the International border, the 14 day quarantine will still be in place I suspect for Canadians...so the demand from Canadians for cruises wont be picking up anytime soon.

WOW!!! You guys must be going nutz!!! A 3 month lock down for me, I was like a dog chasing his tail!!

tenor.gif

22 hours ago, Matt said:

Florida had a rule like this and it's a joke because it's not actively enforced.

Rules without enforcement mean nothing. Like wearing shorts in the MDR. 

I miss the simpler pre-Covid days when that was the big argument of the day.

I can't wait for those days to return! ?

4 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yeah, after 10 days, 2 surgeries and $17k, we lost our girl.  We're kind of lost without a girl in the house, but we're still trying to decide if it's the right time to get a puppy.

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news.  Few things are harder than losing a member of the family like that. ?

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news.  Few things are harder than losing a member of the family like that. ?

The absolutely worst part is that, due to the Coronas, they never let us into the vet hospital to see her during the 10 days, until she'd passed away.  It's like I abandoned her to strangers.

Just now, SpeedNoodles said:

The absolutely worst part is that, due to the Coronas, they never let us into the vet hospital to see her during the 10 days, until she'd passed away.  It's like I abandoned her to strangers.

I know that guilt.  My goldie died in the hospital, alone (over night) and I have never forgiven myself for that.  The ONLY positive about that (and you can call me a coward for this....I know I am) is that we did not have to make the decision about putting her "down".

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

I know that guilt.  My goldie died in the hospital, alone (over night) and I have never forgiven myself for that.  The ONLY positive about that (and you can call me a coward for this....I know I am) is that we did not have to make the decision about putting her "down".

No, I totally get that. 

11 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yeah, after 10 days, 2 surgeries and $17k, we lost our girl.  We're kind of lost without a girl in the house, but we're still trying to decide if it's the right time to get a puppy.

4 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm sorry for your loss. With Leslie working from home for the foreseeable future, we had decided when this craziness started to foster some dogs. We have had 5 so far. One just overnight and one for as long as 5 weeks. They have been a little sanity in all this craziness. They have been good for the heart.

22 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I am very sorry to hear the sad news.

We have had an unfortunate dog year also, we lost 2 boys shortly before this all started and are on the list for 2 pups.

Whatever your decide about the puppy, I always take the approach that you can't  have too many dogs! ???

2 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

Whatever your decide about the puppy, I always take the approach that you can't  have too many dogs! ???

LOL, kind of true, although it makes it harder to travel.  My girl's litter mate is currently pregnant, which  makes it more tempting.

@SpeedNoodles Sorry for your loss. I haven't been able to bring myself into getting a new pup since my baby Axl died in 2015. I have been sticking with cats, not that when they pass it makes it any easier. We fostered a grumpy tabby during our shelter in place, if he hadn't ate all my rosemary I would have kept him.

18 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

My girl's litter mate is currently pregnant, which  makes it more tempting.

That would seal the deal for me ... not a matter of if  ... but how many ????

That was the first thing I looked for, but eventhough our 2 were father and son, enough time had passed that we couldn't find a relative.

OK, since I've gone down this rabbit hole this far, I'll share one more thing and then I'll be done. My friends (who are all breed enthusiasts and one is the breeder of my lost girl) collaborated with an artist (painter) friend of ours and this arrived at my door yesterday. 

20200624_120728.thumb.jpg.e2277c636b6bd46c90a65be1cf492ad0.jpg

Sorry for your loss, we have been petless for a few years now (19 yr old husky)  miss her but it is easier not to go thru the puppy stuff again. And easier to go away. Back to the original post. I don´t think this is payback to Fla, considering it was NY, NJ and Conn and there are 8 states involved now. 

On 6/25/2020 at 8:52 AM, monctonguy said:

We are hoping to not have to deal with this....my in-laws live in NB and all their kids are in Maine.  My father in law is not in good health (not covid, just a tired heart).

Sorry to hear that.....hope he will be ok.

There was a similar situation on the news...older parent lived in NB, kids lived in the US...there were able to come here somehow had to quartine for 14 days in a tent in the back yard...so there are ways around it in some cases I guess.....but its not easy any more to say the least

Love me some Philly!

We are close enough to enjoy a day trip to NYC but far enough not to have to deal with all the congestion.

Although our single home is in the city, it is far out from the 'downtown' area and we have a big backyard and trees everywhere.  Also, home prices are fairly reasonable as compared to NYC.

We were left off the original quarantine list by FL and so our PA snowbirds can come and go to FL as we please.

BTW, we are a multi-pet household:  dogs, cats, and birds.  It is always heartbreaking to lose a member of the family, but our little animal companions are so perfect that heaven always calls them all too soon!

Well it is official Chicago has mandated that people who travel from COVID hot-spots now have to quarantine for 14 days. If caught disregarding the mandate they can face fines up to $7,000

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/depts/cdph/provdrs/health_protection_and_response/news/2020/july/chicago-department-of-public-health-commissioner-issues-emergenc.html

3 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Well it is official Chicago has mandated that people who travel from COVID hot-spots now have to quarantine for 14 days. If caught disregarding the mandate they can face fines up to $7,000

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/depts/cdph/provdrs/health_protection_and_response/news/2020/july/chicago-department-of-public-health-commissioner-issues-emergenc.html

South Carolina ....

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon