Something to Think About

RCB is my go to YT channel for all things RCCL. However, I found this guy, and while he can get on my nerves, this video said something frustrating. Watch and make your own decisions. Not looking to fuss or fight. Just something to think about. I wish there was a way that we as consumers and cruisers could do something to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zqkB7YxLj8

This guy sounds like an idiot. Yeah we totally should've been cruising from NY to Boston during all this, not like both places got nailed by covid... Florida is a mess and can't get out of their own way, but let's bring 10s of thousands more people into the airports, bars, restaurants, and hotels! Dude is a male Karen.

7 hours ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

This guy sounds like an idiot. Yeah we totally should've been cruising from NY to Boston during all this, not like both places got nailed by covid... Florida is a mess and can't get out of their own way, but let's bring 10s of thousands more people into the airports, bars, restaurants, and hotels! Dude is a male Karen.

Yeah, I don't agree with that idea. However, I was mostly thinking about what he said about the CDC not really giving the industry real guidelines to start working on.

4 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Don gets things wrong on a fairly regular basis.  He seems nice, but I don't find his content valuable.

I take what he says with a grain of salt, but what he said about the CDC made me think a bit. I know all of this is sort of new, but they should have been able to tell the industry SOMETHING by now as far as guidelines. This isn't their first rodeo with an illness and they have had things shut down for 3 months (ish). Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

The apparent radio silence on guidance from the CDC is what bugs me.....

Don's rant at the end of the video is what is upsetting to us all (at least me) ... even a simple "I'm right on top of that Rose!" just so we know there is conversations happening. 

Maybe it is because I worked in restaurants before but the CDC isn't exactly chatty Cathy. They don't always disclose everything they do....neither do the places dealing with them. So I don't get why people have been expecting them to comment on the ban or restart situation. I mean I also doubt they haven't had some talks with the cruise lines, it just probably wasn't what they wanted to hear. I know NCL said they were given the run around but it could be because of a myriad of reasons. Until things are etched in stone, I wouldn't want to disclose much either. No news is not bad news, its just no news.