125% OBC if cruise is cancelled

DDaley

I have a November cruise on Oasis that I applied my 125% OBC to from a cancelled May sailing. 

Does anyone know what happens to your 125% OBC if Royal cancels the sailing it's applied to? Was there a stipulation that it was one time use only? Or do you think I would get it back as OBC again to be applied elsewhere? 
Also, same question if I were to Lift & Shift this cruise to 2021? I know my CP purchases would all be cancelled but what happens to the OBC?

Figuring out the ifs and and buts can be hard ....... here is my understanding and let's start off with the basics:

(1) you will have a choice to either take your vacation at a later date and receive 125% of the value of your booked cruise as a Future Cruise Credit, LIFT and SHIFT (Before  July 10th, 2020, move to a qualifying cruise next year and price/promotions are protected) or a take a full refund.

(2) The FCC you receive for the most recent cancelled cruise will roll the amount you receive into one FCC calculated as follows: You will receive the full value of your FCC that you applied to the cancelled cruise plus 125% of the value of the canceled cruise minus the value of the previously applied FCC.

For example, let's say the cruise that just got cancelled cost $2000. You applied a FCC valued at $1000 and had a balance due of $1000 and paid that in full. You'll get one FCC to be applied to a future cruise that will be in the amount of $1000 (the value of the FCC you applied) + $1250 (125% of the $1000 balance you paid in full) for a total new FCC of $2250.

Keep in mind taxes and port fees are not counted as part of your cruise fare in calculating your 125% FCC. These are refunded directly to the CC you paid for the cruise with.

I'm, pretty sure if you Lift and Shift and the cruise you shift to meets certain requirements (like same itinerary, same cabin category, etc) you are protected on your cruise fare and any perks you received such as an OBC .... of course there are exceptions!!! 

There are ifs and and butts that may apply in your situation. If you have a travel agent, make sure they understand how RCL is doing FCCs. If you have a good one that knows the ropes, work with them. If not, the way to go is to contact RCL. I just dialed 800 205 9812 a number I have seen listed as the Resolutions Department also referred to as the Post Cruise Resolutions Department. It is more likely you are going to get the FCC policy for RCL that is correct in your situation from this group of CSRs. Just put up with the robotic phone message you'll start with and you will get to the place you need to be - its the option to "press 6." 

Good luck 

15 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Figuring out the ifs and and buts can be hard ....... here is my understanding and let's start off with the basics:

Thanks for your response but I was asking about applied on board credit I received for a cancelled sailing, not the future cruise credit. 

So I'm a little confused about the 125% OBC.  I purchased a dining package and several excursions through Royal Caribbean's cruise planner.  My TA said that money would automatically be refunded to me using the same method I used to pay for it - that there was nothing I needed to do.  But in reading the posts here, it sounds as though there is an option to have it refunded as an OBC credit at 125%.  So if that's true, and I do that, does that mean I can use the OBC to pay for a dining package and excursions on the next cruise I reserve?  I'm getting a FCC for the cruise itself - which the TA is handling.

3 hours ago, Deb826 said:

So I'm a little confused about the 125% OBC.  I purchased a dining package and several excursions through Royal Caribbean's cruise planner.  My TA said that money would automatically be refunded to me using the same method I used to pay for it - that there was nothing I needed to do.  But in reading the posts here, it sounds as though there is an option to have it refunded as an OBC credit at 125%.  So if that's true, and I do that, does that mean I can use the OBC to pay for a dining package and excursions on the next cruise I reserve?  I'm getting a FCC for the cruise itself - which the TA is handling.

Yes! My sailing was cancelled in May so I am not 100% sure for the most recent round of cancellations but you should've received this as an option instead of taking the Cruise Planner refund! I believe you will have to opt into this though, so your TA would need to confirm. I remember opting into this via a link in the cancellation email I got back in March.