125% Cruise Planner Credit Calculation on Drink Package Question

Our August Cruise was just Cancelled.  We have alot of funds in Cruise Planner Purchases.  I know if I sign up before July 10th we can 125% in credits to use on a future cruise.  I assume that we will be able to use these for other cruise planner purchases.  My question is related to how they calculate the 125%. 

Some of the items are pretty obvious, but on the drink package it has tax and gratuity.  Does anyone know how they calculate that? 

21 minutes ago, Eddieb33 said:

Our August Cruise was just Cancelled.  We have alot of funds in Cruise Planner Purchases.  I know if I sign up before July 10th we can 125% in credits to use on a future cruise.  I assume that we will be able to use these for other cruise planner purchases.  My question is related to how they calculate the 125%. 

Some of the items are pretty obvious, but on the drink package it has tax and gratuity.  Does anyone know how they calculate that? 

Good question... the drink package tax/gratuity charge is considered part of the total Cruise Planner purchase amount. They do not pull out the taxes/gratuity amount when calculating your total 125% OBC.

I had that same question and can confirm based on our experience earlier this month that it is included when calculating the 125% OBC. 

Also, once your 125% OBC is calculated and available, you choose the booking you want to apply it to and that amount becomes available in the CP for that sailing. Any OBC that is not used for pre-cruise CP purchases becomes available as OBC during your sailing, but must be used during the cruise or will be lost/forfeited.

It will appear like this in the CP once moved to the new sailing...

image.png.264cf89facc869d3b18480ab965dc0a6.png

8 minutes ago, Eddieb33 said:

We had an onboard credit too as part of our original booking.  Do we get to keep that too?

Nope, only way to keep booking OBC is by LnS. It will also not be counted towards the OBC offer.

Only out of pocket purchases/money will go towards the OBC offer.

Just a funny story related to my example above of the 125% OBC (from 5/31 cancelled Oasis sailing)...

I received an e-mail just last night from Royal confirming the cancellation of the CP purchases from that 5/31 Oasis sailing and to expect the refund back to original form of payment! They even broke down all of the charges and listed the card that was used to purchase the CP items. So, my wife and I were laughing thinking that Royal could not possibly screw up this bad and give us BOTH 125% OBC AND the 100% CP refund!

I logged into my CC account this morning and the CP refund was actually for the 10/4/20 sailing which we completed a L&S to 10/3/21 just 2 weeks ago! Exact amounts from that CP were refunded so of course we're very happy! Royal just screwed up on sending us the e-mail citing the wrong booking! ?

We are still waiting for the port fees, expenses and taxes refund from that 5/31 sailing... FCC and OBC are done.