Deposit Refund?

Ok, so it happened. My August sailing on SoS is cancelled. I have decided to "roll the dice", as Matt puts it, and rebook for October. However, I'm confused about how we will be getting our deposits back if we choose the 125% FCC. Will it be cash or lumped in with the FCC? Also, will we get it no matter if we did a refundable deposit or not? I honestly can't remember which I did and my poor TA is only working 2 days a week due to all the 'Rona stuff. Sorry but, I'm a bit obsessive about making sure I have everything together for big plans like these as things can get costly if you forget something. I guess we are all that the point where we need to have more than just a plan B for our vacation plans.

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Everything that is 125% is in the form of an FCC so if you choose 125% cruise fare or 125% cruise planner purchase, those will come to you as FCC's.  The only "cash refund" you would get would be taxes, port fees and gratuities (if they were already prepaid).  

So it includes the deposit if I had everything paid? Sorry, I just want to make sure I'm clear in my head. LOL

Deposit in proper sense isn't refunded...

Say the deposit paid was $750 total. Taxes/port fees amounted to $350 and opted out of pre-payment of gratuities.

Your cash refund would be in the amount of taxes/port fees only, $350. The remaining $400 from the deposit would go towards the FCC.

Now remembe once the FCC is issued it can be used towards the deposit on a future sailing (for now). Catch is taxes/port fees and prepaid gratuities still have to be paid in cash.

2 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Deposit in proper sense isn't refunded...

Say the deposit paid was $750 total. Taxes/port fees amounted to $350 and opted out of pre-payment of gratuities.

Your cash refund would be in the amount of taxes/port fees only, $350. The remaining $400 from the deposit would go towards the FCC.

Now remembe once the FCC is issued it can be used towards the deposit on a future sailing (for now). Catch is taxes/port fees and prepaid gratuities still have to be paid in cash.

Thanks. I think I get it now. Either way, I hope that I can get my rebooking done and get the rooms I want.