It's Official... Extension of Global Suspension Thru 9/15/20...

I am not sure what they are waiting for to open. Seeing as most of the country is opened up, unless they are waiting for a vaccine. OS at this point, I would say there wont be anything till 2021...….especially with a 2nd wave supposed to be coming this  fall(not my words nor do I care but)

I am seriously concerned about the cruise industry moving forward....people HAVE to fly sometimes, but cruising is totally leisure. And if somehow they get back on track by the end of the year to resume cruising.....you dont think Covid-20 or something else wont show up in the near future to shut it all down again?

I'm an idiot! I completely forgot about the 125% FOC for the excursions and drink packages and cancelled my stuff on Friday in hopes of getting my money back sooner. :34_rolling_eyes: I should have just waited! UGH! I have decided to "roll the dice" as Matt says and rebook for October. Who knows, maybe we all have escaped a bad storm by not sailing in August. :147_information_desk_person: (trying to look on the bright side) @WAAAYTOOO we may need to add a "cancelled" section to our cruises on our signatures. LOL

2 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I am not sure what they are waiting for to open. Seeing as most of the country is opened up, unless they are waiting for a vaccine. OS at this point, I would say there wont be anything till 2021...….especially with a 2nd wave supposed to be coming this  fall(not my words nor do I care but)

I am seriously concerned about the cruise industry moving forward....people HAVE to fly sometimes, but cruising is totally leisure. And if somehow they get back on track by the end of the year to resume cruising.....you don't think Covid-20 or something else wont show up in the near future to shut it all down again?

I don't think they are waiting for a vaccine. I think they are waiting for numbers to go down more in the US. Personally, I think we will see a big spike way before Fall due to everyone wanting to get out now and many doing it. Most believe that if the media would stop talking about it so much that people would, for the most part, stop worrying about it as bad. That's not to say we shouldn't be cautious at all, but it isn't Captain Tripps (reference from "The Stand"). Let's all just hope that this is the last postponement of sailings. I'm not sure how much more the industry can take if it isn't.

13 minutes ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

I'm an idiot! I completely forgot about the 125% FOC for the excursions and drink packages and cancelled my stuff on Friday in hopes of getting my money back sooner.

Honestly, I don't think you're an idiot, in my opinion putting cash back in your bank account is the better option. I was on the September 20th, 2020 sailing of Oasis and while not technically cancelled I wasn't about to pay money in hopes they do cancel and I get an extra 25% of Royal's "funny money" (we weren't planning on going). If it gets cancelled and I could have turned my $726.88 drink package price (for two with 18%) into a $908.60 FCC that could have helped pay for a more expensive drink package, well ... I'll still not regret anything. The cruise is currently 25% more, at least. At this point, the less Royal has of my money the better. 

Do you guys think Royal will sail before October 1st? Carnival and NCL cancelled through September 30th. I don't understand why they didn't cancel up to the 30th, I am on Symphony 9/19/2020 and I don't want to get excited by thinking it could happen. Just trying to figure out if they are really planning to sail before Carnival and NCL or if they are just delaying the cancellations for the remainder of September.

6 minutes ago, MJO said:

Do you guys think Royal will sail before October 1st? Carnival and NCL cancelled through September 30th. I don't understand why they didn't cancel up to the 30th

Just my take, but they seem to not want to cancel any cruises until final payment dates have past. It makes sense from the perspective that they hold you money for a period of time even if you request a full refund.

Personally, I am done making any final payments until after they start cruising again.

Now I just regret that I tend to always purchase plane ticket as soon as fares are posted as it used to be about the cheapest way to go.  Now looks like i will be taking a loss on all them also

2 hours ago, MJO said:

Do you guys think Royal will sail before October 1st? Carnival and NCL cancelled through September 30th. I don't understand why they didn't cancel up to the 30th, I am on Symphony 9/19/2020 and I don't want to get excited by thinking it could happen. Just trying to figure out if they are really planning to sail before Carnival and NCL or if they are just delaying the cancellations for the remainder of September.

No one truly knows how this will eventually play out and how long this will continue. It's all a guess at this point... my gut tells me no sailings in SEPT, but that's just complete speculation.

As they say,  hope for the best and plan for the worst at this point... ?

13 minutes ago, MJO said:

I think they are hoping for the best and wanting to sail asap. However, that is also less they have to refund at one time. It may help with not overwhelming an already stressed refund system. I hope for your sake (and others) that we are all cruising on time this go around.

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

I think they are hoping for the best and wanting to sail asap. However, that is also less they have to refund at one time. It may help with not overwhelming an already stressed refund system. I hope for your sake (and others) that we are all cruising on time this go around.

I am soooo ready to sail and agree about their already distressed refund / FCC system.  Plus, I think they want to see more info about how COVID-19 is spreading as it gets closer to September.  Like everyone has said, them hanging on to their money longer helps them survive.

If this cruise gets canceled, we will book something for next year and try to go somewhere fun with the kids this year.  I love being on the water, but I need a little time away.....so, I may end up with a land vacation doing some stuff down in TX.

5 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

I am soooo ready to sail and agree about their already distressed refund / FCC system.  Plus, I think they want to see more info about how COVID-19 is spreading as it gets closer to September.  Like everyone has said, them hanging on to their money longer helps them survive.

If this cruise gets canceled, we will book something for next year and try to go somewhere fun with the kids this year.  I love being on the water, but I need a little time away.....so, I may end up with a land vacation doing some stuff down in TX.

I know we don't like the idea of them holding on to our money longer, because let's face it we need it too, but if they can survive all of this then we can still cruise at some point. My rebooking is for October so if it is cancelled then we have lost any hopes for a big vacation this year. I will probably just rebook again, but for next year some time. Land vacations make me more nervous at this point then being on a ship. The choices are possible violence or risk getting sick. I'll take my chances with a virus, just my opinion. However, we may back to see my brother who lives near Myrtle Beach, SC and visit Ripley's Aquarium for my son's birthday which is right before the Oct. sailing date. But like everyone else, I would rather be on a ship with the wind in my hair.

@Mrs. Thomas

Good point about safety.  My best friend has land down in Oklahoma.  Maybe we can talk him into us going with his family down there for hiking, camping, bike riding (we have spent enough time at home where the kids have actually learned how to ride their bikes pretty well), tending of animals (they have a small amount of cattle), and some outdoorsy stuff for a long weekend.....Would be simpler not to have to plan around unrest and outbreaks.

So sad!  Just called to get a full refund for my Rhapsody of the Seas Greece cruise for August 22nd.  I really wanted to go on that cruise.  Only on hold for 25 minutes not bad.  Expected refund 45 days.  Cancelled my cruise planner items earlier this morning online so I'll probably get that refund faster.   Also had them check on my refund for my May 4th Bermuda cruise.  I requested a refund back on March 25 and they put me in for a FCC which I didn't want.  So I will still be waiting another 45 days for that refund.  No more cruises for me this year.  I think I'll just spend a week in Bermuda in September/October and maybe go to Universal in FL for a few days in late August (depending on the COVID situation in FL).