More Lift and Shift Nonsense - can’t go from 8 to 7 night??

My agent at MEI is looking to confirm what I can/cannot do, but I just used the link someone posted on another thread to see what Royal claims my options are...

Currently booked on 8-night holiday cruise on Anthem out of Cape Liberty over NYE. Was hoping to “lift and shift” to a holiday 2021 cruise but apparently the *exact* same port itinerary on Anthem next December is now a 7 night. So Royal’s website is stating that my only options are an 8-night out of Baltimore on Enchantment, with a different port listing - biggest change being no stop at Coco Cay, which was a huge reason I booked the cruise in the first place (that, and the fact that Anthem is a much better option both for the time of year and for my teenaged sons). 

WTH, Royal? I guess I might just be stuck paying the balance in September and wait for the inevitable cancellation and, hopefully, refund. ?

Maybe your MEI agent can fight for the shift - fingers crossed for you!

I couldn't lift & shift my September cruise because I wanted to upgrade along the way. My MEI agent is working behind the scenes to make it all happen (consolidate 2 cruises into one) while I just keep hitting refresh on my inbox. 

Hopefully it works out for you in the end.

Lift and Shift works well for repetitive cruises like the 7 night Caribbean cruises but less so with ports with varied itineraries.

We have a B2B cruise booked for November to NZ and the Pacific Islands respectively but now Royal have released next years cruises there is no equivalent cruise to shift to our 12 night cruise which has been replaced by an 11 night sailing. The only 12 night sailing in our window is the Christmas 2021 cruise which is specifically excluded in the terms and conditions.

We will have to wait until our November cruises are cancelled by Royal and possibly take the FCC. Our final payment is August but I am not sure I want the much money tied up with Royal given the current financial climate.

4 hours ago, Jason12 said:

They gave us a option on 8 cruises and they differed in cruise length, there’s a online form under the cruise with confidence section just follow the instructions and they will give you the options 

Yeah, that’s what I looked at - just found out about the form right before I posted. 

I was hoping to L&S 12/27/20 Anthem (ports of call are Cape Canaveral, Nassau and Coco Cay) to 12/23/21 Anthem. Itinerary is EXACTLY the same, except next year it’s slated to be a 7 night versus 8 night. I figured giving up a night wasn’t going to be a big deal.. it’s not like I was looking to add anything. 

Instead, my only options are the 8-night cruises on Enchantment out of Baltimore in Dec 2021. ? While the choices do include the Christmas and NYE sailings,  I have *zero* desire to be on Enchantment with my teens as there is so much less for them to do. I won’t even have my husband with me as a buffer (we never plan on him having holidays off), lol  

Unless Michelle is about to find out something different, we’re back to Plan A - either we’re on Anthem for NYE this year or I’m taking a refund when the cruise is canceled. 

We had the opposite issue with L & S.....trying to move an 8 night Empress sailing to 2021 for an 8 night Jewel sailing with same exact itinerary.  Royal said NO.

They want us to move to a 7 night Oasis sailing with similar itinerary.

Moving from 8 nights to 7 is not ideal but moving from a JS on Empress to Oasis.............we are definitely considering it.

1 hour ago, BunnyHutt said:

I was hoping to L&S 12/27/20 Anthem (ports of call are Cape Canaveral, Nassau and Coco Cay) to 12/23/21 Anthem. Itinerary is EXACTLY the same, except next year it’s slated to be a 7 night versus 8 night. I figured giving up a night wasn’t going to be a big deal.. it’s not like I was looking to add anything. 

Exact same scenario but the cruise just before you (i.e. Anthem 8 night xmas cruise to Anthem 7 night xmas cruise next December).  It's silly as it's the exact same ship and itinerary but one less sea day. It makes no sense as it's a shorter cruise.  I get it if we are trying to add days.  I doubt cruises will be going out of NY/NJ this year so am thinking of calling and "trying" to L&S....but am expecting a no.  It may depend on who you get on the other end at resolutions.

PS - Even if the cruise was the same length, can you go from New Years cruise to Xmas cruise?  Or is it only New Years to New Years and Xmas to Xmas?

48 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Exact same scenario but the cruise just before you (i.e. Anthem 8 night xmas cruise to Anthem 7 night xmas cruise next December).  It's silly as it's the exact same ship and itinerary but one less sea day. It makes no sense as it's a shorter cruise.  I get it if we are trying to add days.  I doubt cruises will be going out of NY/NJ this year so am thinking of calling and "trying" to L&S....but am expecting a no.  It may depend on who you get on the other end at resolutions.

PS - Even if the cruise was the same length, can you go from New Years cruise to Xmas cruise?  Or is it only New Years to New Years and Xmas to Xmas?

If you’re on a “holiday” cruise you can go to another “holiday” - either Christmas or NYE, as I was given 4 Enchantment options which included both Christmas and NYE. Apparently switching to the *9* night on 12/31 on Anthem was an option given to my agent?!? Completely different ports. But, unfortunately, that won’t work as it would cause my 8th and 10th graders to miss a week of school and they’re past the point of being able to do that without it impacting their grades. Maybe that would be an option for your family?

My agent at MEI has asked for an exemption to get us on the 12/24 sailing so fingers crossed...

7 hours ago, Jason12 said:

They gave us a option on 8 cruises and they differed in cruise length, there’s a online form under the cruise with confidence section just follow the instructions and they will give you the options 

I assume you can just "look" at your options without going ahead?  I'm hesitant giving booking id and name as we are thinking about it.  (Not OP but wondering too)

4 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

If you’re on a “holiday” cruise you can go to another “holiday” - either Christmas or NYE, as I was given 4 Enchantment options which included both Christmas and NYE. Apparently switching to the *9* night on 12/31 on Anthem was an option given to my agent?!? Completely different ports. But, unfortunately, that won’t work as it would cause my 8th and 10th graders to miss a week of school and they’re past the point of being able to do that without it impacting their grades. Maybe that would be an option for your family?

My agent at MEI has asked for an exemption to get us on the 12/24 sailing so fingers crossed...

Thanks for clarifying.  In same boat as you (no pun intended ? ) as we are also travelling with our kids and so they can't miss school.  Very strange that the 9 night cruise is an option for you as it's not "Bahamas to Bahamas" cruise as I my understanding it is can be different ports but must be the same type of cruise.  The Dec 31st cruise is Eastern Caribbean. Maybe the exception comes since it's new years?

Good luck!  Hope they make an exception and let you L&S.  Let us know.

12 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Thanks for clarifying.  In same boat as you (no pun intended ? ) as we are also travelling with our kids and so they can't miss school.  Very strange that the 9 night cruise is an option for you as it's not "Bahamas to Bahamas" cruise as I my understanding it is can be different ports but must be the same type of cruise.  The Dec 31st cruise is Eastern Caribbean. Maybe the exception comes since it's new years?

Using the “same holiday” logic, it’s quite possible they may let you go Christmas to Christmas without any issues. Although, you may need to call versus going online... the 9-day NYE was not an option given to me using the online tool. 

Will let you know how it goes - regardless we are “Anthem or bust!” ?

6 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

Using the “same holiday” logic, it’s quite possible they may let you go Christmas to Christmas without any issues. Although, you may need to call versus going online... the 9-day NYE was not an option given to me using the online tool. 

Will let you know how it goes - regardless we are “Anthem or bust!” ?

Thanks.  I tried the online tool posted above and also just get the Enchantment options.  Not quite apples to apples switch.

Deciding whether to ride it out (although I have low doubts the cruise will run...or that we will be comfortable going on it even if it does) but will call before Aug 1 if we decide to try.  Hopefully as you say Christmas to Christmas may work as an exception.  We are determined to go on Anthem at some point (this Christmas is a re-booking of March that we lost).  I'm even double booked for 2022 in case neither Christmas works out (but of course the price is much more than we currently are booked at).

Really hope they make that exception for you....as they should.

44 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

With the new round of cancellations @Matt posted in the blog, it says you need to Lift and Shift by July 10, 2020. Does anyone know if the August 1 date is still applicable or have they changed the Lift and Shift date for everyone to July 10.

Would assume the July 10 deadline is geared towards the sailings that are being canceled.

August 1 for LnS would fall under the Cruise with Confidence program.

15 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

Not every cruise can be lifted and shifted. My 5 night Independence for December of 2020 cannot be lifted and shifted. Further to complicate matters it was a NEXT CRUISE booking booked in APRIL 2019 so over a year ago.

So option was either stick with it or rebook something else without price protection under L&S but still retain 'next cruise' perks and status. So I rebooked a totally different itinerary - just a typical 4-night Navigator out of Miami instead. It was cheaper than a 5 nighter on the Independence.

It was an experience being on hold for two hours though. The agent at the RCL call center had their work cut out for them by moving everything to a new booking while keeping the next cruise status. And to make things even MORE fun, they had to apply FCC's from another booking I have for September though not officially cancelled yet to this booking instead.

For all you folks out there currently having FCC's already applied on a booking in SEPT that you know will be cancelled later today, save yourself time, get ahead of the game and have RSS or post cruise move the FCC's right away. So it won't get tied up in the cancellation queue and reissued which can take up to 30 days even for an existing FCC already applied to a booking. That way once the cruise itself for September is cancelled.. then all one has to worry about is getting their REF DEPOSIT back without an FCC  on it to further complicate matters.

I have 3 cruises B2B2B 5/4/5 night on the Independence Aug 22-Sept 5. I called and they told me I could L&S the cruises to the 4 night cruises the next year. I'll call back later because if I've got to lose a night per cruise I want to sail on the Mariner out of Port Canaveral.

On 6/23/2020 at 10:23 AM, WannaCruise said:

Michelle at MEI is a rock star. Cruise successfully L&S to 12/24/21 sail date. Very sad to lose the $18 drink package and the pre-opening pricing I snagged for the beach club, but at least I’m more confident this sailing will actually go. 

8 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

Michelle at MEI is a rock star. Cruise successfully L&S to 12/24/21 sail date. Very sad to lose the $18 drink package and the pre-opening pricing I snagged for the beach club, but at least I’m more confident this sailing will actually go. 

That's awesome!  So glad they made an exception and let you move to the Christmas cruise. I hear you...we already lost two $18 packages this year.  That hurts. ? 

Appreciate the update.  If we end up trying to L&S (and now you gave me hope), then we could be on the same cruise.