Carnival cancels sailings until September 30 :(

"While this news has upset many cruisers, Carnival Corporation’s CEO, Arnold Donald, seemed almost to be bracing people for the development during a recent webinar. “I wish I could give you a date,” he said, “but we can’t.”

Instead, he said that he could give the conditions under which they would return. “Cruise at its essence is a social gathering,” he explained. “So when society is starting to social gather again, then we can begin to talk about cruise.”"

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-cruise-line-cancels-sailings-until-september-30/

28 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

“Cruise at its essence is a social gathering,” he explained. “So when society is starting to social gather again, then we can begin to talk about cruise.”"

My take is that the shutdown is indefinite, and we can't expect to cruise again for many months. The entire industry may die. The only hope is the possibility of cruising in Europe and Asia (dependent on China -- I will not go into how I think Royal shouldn't be in that market except for three letters that bring about my disdain -- CCP)

I don't think it is indefinite but he is right, cruising is very social. There is the aspect that usually cruisers come from from all over the world and that just ain't gonna happen. The US has too high of an infection rate so other countries won't allow us to visit, nor will they want to visit us.