September 26, 2020 Symphony

We were supposed to do an Alaska cruise in June of 2020. We've booked for May of 2021, but I'm tempted to book an additional cruise for November, an 8 night on Anthem over Thanksgiving.... Not sure if I can put up with the aggravation roller coaster of looking forward to a cruise and then having another one cancelled.

3 hours ago, Jill said:

My October 17 Symphony is definitely not looking promising 

We were on that sailing as well.  We Lifted and Shifted to same time in 2021 last week.  We looked up the cabin fare for 2021.  It was a 71% increase from our current 2C cabin fare.  So we saved $1650 by Lifting and Shifting vs. making final payment and waiting for Royal to cancel.  Sadly I think it's Royal's strategy to wait until after final payment is due before they cancel.  What way they can float your money for 60 days.

Too bad we lost $400 for our canceled flights.

3 minutes ago, Clear Laker said:

We were on that sailing as well.  We Lifted and Shifted to same time in 2021 last week.  We looked up the cabin fare for 2021.  It was a 71% increase from our current 2C cabin fare.  So we saved $1650 by Lifting and Shifting vs. making final payment and waiting for Royal to cancel.  Sadly I think it's Royal's strategy to wait until after final payment is due before they cancel.  What way they can float your money for 60 days.

September 2021 sailing on Oasis seems to be about 25% higher than price I got it at, so obvious choice would be to Lift & Shift prior to final payment. 

14 hours ago, Clear Laker said:

I can’t lift and shift because I already have Odyssey booked for Italy/Greece October 2021. 

We’re using FCC for this October Symphony so if it cancels, we’ll just apply to Odyssey. We may even try and jump on Mariner May of 2021 after our daughter’s wedding in Orlando. Our FCC was quite large as it was a JS on Symphony for this past May. That FCC was enough to cover our October Symphony and all but $300 of our Odyssey. 

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 12:58 PM, Jill said:

Carnival and NCL have now canceled through September 30.

My October 17 Symphony is definitely not looking promising 

I'm rebooking to that same cruise in October! Let's hope they finally have their ducks in the same pond and in a row by then!

3 hours ago, Mrs. Thomas said:

I'm rebooking to that same cruise in October! Let's hope they finally have their ducks in the same pond and in a row by then!

Hope to see you on board! Be aware though.....it may just be CocoCay. On my countdown page on the website, the itinerary has disappeared (st Thomas, st Maarten) and only CocoCay remains. When I go into the app, same thing. 

Now I can go into excursions in the planner and still book excursions for those ports but I have this feeling we may have 6 sea days and a stop at CocoCay. Just be prepared that might happen. I’m fine with that as oasis class has so much to do I’m not worried about getting bored. 

4 hours ago, Jill said:

Hope to see you on board! Be aware though.....it may just be CocoCay. On my countdown page on the website, the itinerary has disappeared (st Thomas, st Maarten) and only CocoCay remains. When I go into the app, same thing. 

Now I can go into excursions in the planner and still book excursions for those ports but I have this feeling we may have 6 sea days and a stop at CocoCay. Just be prepared that might happen. I’m fine with that as oasis class has so much to do I’m not worried about getting bored. 

I'm not sure how I feel about a trip that long and only going to one port like that. I suppose they are waiting to see what ports are open. However, I was planning on doing some special excursions with my kiddos at those two islands. As of right now they still don't know what is going on so being fluid isn't too hard right now. We will have to just wait and see, which is the hardest part!