Lift and shift ?

5 hours ago, Jason12 said:

Made the decision to lift and shift the Allure TA ☹️ They said our free deluxe package will swap over as it’s a all inclusive package, we chose the Harmony TA next year from Barcelona, just need to cancel everything and rebook everything ?

That is sad!  I'm almost ready to do the same.   Part of me still wants to do the Allure TA and I think there is a reasonable chance of it happening.  However, the thought of wearing a mask for 8 hours on an airplane and everything else that could happen is too much to worry about.  I don't like air travel to begin with.

12 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

That is sad!  I'm almost ready to do the same.   Part of me still wants to do the Allure TA and I think there is a reasonable chance of it happening.  However, the thought of wearing a mask for 8 hours on an airplane and everything else that could happen is too much to worry about.  I don't like air travel to begin with.

Yep no point in worrying about a vacation there’re meant to be fun, I think they will sail her straight back to the US after dry dock?

11 hours ago, Jason12 said:

Yep no point in worrying about a vacation there’re meant to be fun, I think they will sail her straight back to the US after dry dock?

Hopefully they pick up some crew members before returning.  I suspect they will need to be retrained before the Caribbean season starts.  

11 hours ago, Jason12 said:

Wow my lift and shift was done over night after I filled the online form in yesterday ? a quick call to get cabins next to each other and all done and they seem to have reduced the price in my favour ?

I plan to call today and reschedule my Allure TA to Alaska in Aug-Sept 2021.  I made a preliminary call yesterday and was told there was not a problem with rescheduling since it was booked refundable.  Everything will be carried over to the Alaska cruise ... even the OBC.  My cruise planner purchases will be refunded.  The wait for that refund is the only downside.

2 hours ago, Jason12 said:

Wow my lift and shift was done over night after I filled the online form in yesterday ? a quick call to get cabins next to each other and all done and they seem to have reduced the price in my favour ?

I would hazard a guess the price reduction is down to port fees being less on the Harmony sailing since it has fewer stops than your original Allure TA. Anyway, now that it's sorted you have something to look forward without a constantly niggling worry in the back of your mind.

2 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

Hopefully they pick up some crew members before returning.  I suspect they will need to be retrained before the Caribbean season starts.  

I plan to call today and reschedule my Allure TA to Alaska in Aug-Sept 2021.  I made a preliminary call yesterday and was told there was not problem with rescheduling since it was booked refundable.  Everything will be carried over to the Alaska cruise ... even the OBC.  My cruise planner purchases will be refunded.  The wait for that refund is the only downside.

I was told I had a option of 8 cruise to lift and shift they have a tool and they are the only ones available all repositioning or TA they would not let me move to any other cruise not on the list, you can go online and see the options for yourself 

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.94405592.594647497.1590767327-1101230479.1590767327

7 hours ago, Jason12 said:

I was told I had a option of 8 cruise to lift and shift they have a tool and they are the only ones available all repositioning or TA they would not let me move to any other cruise not on the list, you can go online and see the options for yourself 

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.94405592.594647497.1590767327-1101230479.1590767327

Wow that is a nice tool. It seems they have finally streamlined things for customers. Makes for happier sailors.