L&S Cruise Planner purchases

Does anyone know what happens with your cruise planner purchases when you lift and shift? Do they  transfer over to the new sail date as OBC or do they automatically issue a refund for those items?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, my thought process is going places it hasn't gone up to this point so I surely missed this discussion- thanks for your patience with me! 

For some reason this most recent announcement is the one to finally push me over the 'not sailing this year' edge. I didn't mind my little weekend trips being jeopardized too much but the thought of my November 7 day on my first Oasis class has me viewing my options a little different than before.

If you're willing to wait. I'd suggest canceling the purchases first and wait for the refunds to process. Once they have been refunded then LnS.

The CP refunds I've done in the last few weeks have taken just over a week to be credited. One triggered by a LnS well over a month ago refund is still pending.

Thank you,  I appreciate your feedback.

Couple more questions for anyone who is kind enough to feel like chiming in ? : Lift and shift can't be moved to a holiday week, is that right? The Harmony GC Nov 2021 falls within my technical L&S parameters but assume holidays are excluded, do we know that?

Anyone have any luck L&S from Eastern to Western Caribbean itineraries that you're aware of? I know I am joining the conversation super late in the game, I should have started paying attention sooner ?

Finally- do you know what the cancellation penalty is for suites? We're in a CLS for this November and my thought is if i can L&S this November to next November and cancel the already booked November GC for 2021 (replacing it with my L&S) that'd wrap up my options nice and neat with a bow but I am pretty sure there are too many obstacles to make it happen. Just confirming this with anyone who doesn't mind chiming in.

I sent these questions to my agent who has had this booking for months before I got someone at MEI (Stephanie, who's leaving ? ) but he doesn't usually know as much as you all do and has given me his agent info to try to get my owns answers from RC in the past so he didn't have to... So I am trying to gather as much info as I can to make my decision about our November trip this year.

No, they cancelled them as the Lift & Shift was being taken care of... I received Royal's confirmation e-mail of the cancellation of the CP purchases before the L&S call was completed. We did a L&S of Oasis (10/4/20) to Oasis (10/3/21) about 2 weeks ago. They stated it could take 6-8 weeks for the refund to hit your CC. ?

As mentioned above, you could always cancel the CP purchases before you L&S.

@PRebecca If your previously scheduled cruises falls within the holiday perimeters you can L&S to another holiday cruise. So if the cruise you have now is over thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years then you can L&S for the same time frame. YMMV but I had to L&S with the same itineraries aka W. Caribbean to W....not S. Caribbean to east or west. The ports, ship and stops can be different but the offering has to remain the same. My understanding is that Suites are always NFD so there would be a cancellation penalty if it was not for CWC. With CWC you can get 100% of your money in an FCC, which could be used to pay off the new L&S; if it isn't paid in full and the people on the booking match. This applies to cruises scheduled to April 2022.

12 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

My understanding is that Suites are always NFD so there would be a cancellation penalty if it was not for CWC. With CWC you can get 100% of your money in an FCC, which could be used to pay off the new L&S; if it isn't paid in full and the people on the booking match. This applies to cruises scheduled to April 2022.

ok so maybe that's what I need to try to do; CWC and get the FCC and apply that towards next years instead of trying to L&S a Western to Eastern. That's the ticket! Thanks for talking me through it!

9 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, cruise planner purchases are cancelled and refunded...at least that’s what’s supposed to happen.  So far, I have received $0 in CP refunds.

6 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

+1

+2

I cancelled the CP purchase before L&S-ing. Glad it's not a huge amount. ?