Goodbye from some friends

This pandemic has made for a lot of changes in the cruising world from cancellations, lift and shifts, FCCs and everyone’s least favorite topic … REFUNDS!  It definitely has made a lot of people take a new look at life and that is exactly what a few agents at MEI-Travel have done.  Danette LeBlanc after 7 years with Mei-Travel is stepping away to spend time with her family.   Her father has terminal cancel and she wants to spend all the time she can with him and the family at this time.  Prayers to her and her family as they navigate this incredibly hard time.  Also, Stephanie Hudson after 15 years has decided to take some time to step away and enjoy her new home on the coast of NC.  While this is not her retirement home, I am sure after all this time a little break to put her toes in the sand is what she needs at this time.  Wishing her all the best (and a little jealous).  MEI-Travel is working over the next week to contact their clients with a new agent that is stepping into very big sets of shoes to fill, but the new agents can do it.  It does take a little time to ensure that the new agent has everything and both Danette and Stephanie will be working thru June 30th to help with the transition of their clients.  To say that this was a very hard decision for both of them is an understatement.

Also, I want to thank all of you for allowing me to work with you all.  Being able to chat with your guys almost daily for the past 5 years or more has helped me grow in knowledge of Royal and cruising.  There is no way I can think of this group without thinking about all the group cruises – the laughter, the tears, the burning bus, the exploding toilet, the first stop at Perfect Day, St Patrick’s Day and the most expensive Guinness beer or two I have ever paid for… and the memories go on and on….. SHOTS!  How could I not mention the SHOTS!   But more importantly, Matt.  The countless hours of planning for group events, looking up changes and many possible group cruises that never happened, there is just not enough time for me to write up how special my relationship with Matt and his family is.  All of this made it very hard for me to make this change, but I am stepping away from MEI-Travel to pursue a new opportunity.  This new opportunity will come with new challenges and a chance to spread my wings a little.  I hope our paths cross on a cruise some day or maybe in the Orlando area some time (This time without my suitcase with me!).

MEI-Travel has a team of agents that work with Matt and they work together to provide great service to you all.  I know with cancellations coming in the very near future you might be concerned with all this change, but the team is there to help you all.

See you on a cruise!

Annette Jackson

I know in my heart this was a difficult decision for all of you. Please know we will miss you but fully understand, best of luck in your future endeavors. I can't say I was surprised at all. I was wondering how much more anyone could take, it was much more then I could have. Please know how much you are appreciated and how much you will be missed! Thank you and be well and stay safe!

Seriously, I just wish Fain and his peers would really stand up for their industry & her partners such as you! The little you tube videos seem like lip service at this point.

Take a stand and believe in yourself and your product Cruise Industry, gees. You are hurting your partners you keep saying you care about, and how about our REFUNDS!!!!!!!

Although I have only been a member on here for just a short while, I always found your post helpful. You seem to take everything in stride and seem like a kind,warm and fun person. Times are changing and so must we. I hope all the MEI agents making such changes find whatever joy, love and peace they can.

Sending Love Letter GIF by Chibird

I have only received partial refund from my RCCL cruise and have contacted Stephanie Hudson several times about it. Now who do I contact. I tried RCCL and they said Stephanie had to request remainder. Last I heard from Stephanie was 9 days ago that they were working on it. I am concerned that now I am lost in the shuffle and not receive the rest of my refund.

Annette, You will be greatly missed by all of us that have had the pleasure to meet you, cruise with you, and bar crawl with through Victoria, BC with you ( and of course Tracy). I surely hope we continue you see you on the group cruises as a fellow blog member now and not a pizza party baby sitting service! ? Best of luck with your new endeavor, hopefully we'll meet again soon.

5 hours ago, Barb Shoemaker said:

I have only received partial refund from my RCCL cruise and have contacted Stephanie Hudson several times about it. Now who do I contact. I tried RCCL and they said Stephanie had to request remainder. Last I heard from Stephanie was 9 days ago that they were working on it. I am concerned that now I am lost in the shuffle and not receive the rest of my refund.

I haven't heard from Stephanie in a while, as well.  I had just put it down as she was super busy, so I'm very sad to hear it.  Of course,

I would have preferred to not find out about it via this medium, but it is what it is.

I think we all were worried that this freaking virus was going to impact the entire TA industry, we just didn't know exactly how and we didn't

want to say it out loud.  

I hope for the very best, not just for the MEI folks, but all of the travel industry.

It's never easy to say goodbye to a friend, let alone three amazingly talented friends.

I know I speak for everyone here when I say we will miss your guidance, hard work, and positivity. 

For years I've advocated using "a good travel agent", and if there were a dictionary definition of that, it would have either of your three photos as examples. 

I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors and hope you remain part of our community here, and hopefully we will get to cruise again together soon.

happy jimmy fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

On 6/19/2020 at 6:17 PM, Barb Shoemaker said:

You are not lost in the shuffle... TAs are not updated on every move Royal makes.  I am still working on several items for Matt.  Stephanie is working with Beth to make sure she is up to date on where the refunds are at as well as the bookings.  Emails with contact information are going out from MEI on this but it does take a little time to get all the items moved around.

On 6/19/2020 at 8:59 PM, Boltswin said:

Annette, You will be greatly missed by all of us that have had the pleasure to meet you, cruise with you, and bar crawl with through Victoria, BC with you ( and of course Tracy). I surely hope we continue you see you on the group cruises as a fellow blog member now and not a pizza party baby sitting service! ? Best of luck with your new endeavor, hopefully we'll meet again soon.

haha.... Lessons learned by working with Matt and his groups - NEVER do a group lunch on a day at sea or you will be watching all the kids!  haha    enjoyed every minute of it actually.

21 hours ago, Floski said:

I haven't heard from Stephanie in a while, as well.  I had just put it down as she was super busy, so I'm very sad to hear it.  Of course,

I would have preferred to not find out about it via this medium, but it is what it is.

I think we all were worried that this freaking virus was going to impact the entire TA industry, we just didn't know exactly how and we didn't

want to say it out loud.  

I hope for the very best, not just for the MEI folks, but all of the travel industry.

Hey

While I know this is not the best way to reach everyone, it was one of many ways that MEI is working on this to let everyone know.  Stephanie has been working with Beth to update her on all her clients and that does take some time - along with the move.   In normal times, there would not be these delays, but the amount of time that agents are calling in to ALL suppliers to try to work on refunds, moves, updates, changes,  I have to say its amazing that anyone is getting a response.  things that took us 45 minutes to do could take up to 2 days and multiple calls these days.

Again sorry, but they should be updating you soon.

11 hours ago, Matt said:

It's never easy to say goodbye to a friend, let alone three amazingly talented friends.

I know I speak for everyone here when I say we will miss your guidance, hard work, and positivity. 

For years I've advocated using "a good travel agent", and if there were a dictionary definition of that, it would have either of your three photos as examples. 

I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors and hope you remain part of our community here, and hopefully we will get to cruise again together soon.

happy jimmy fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

While no longer at MEi - you know i have your number!

20 hours ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Hey

While I know this is not the best way to reach everyone, it was one of many ways that MEI is working on this to let everyone know.  Stephanie has been working with Beth to update her on all her clients and that does take some time - along with the move.   In normal times, there would not be these delays, but the amount of time that agents are calling in to ALL suppliers to try to work on refunds, moves, updates, changes,  I have to say its amazing that anyone is getting a response.  things that took us 45 minutes to do could take up to 2 days and multiple calls these days.

Again sorry, but they should be updating you soon.

Please - no need to apologize.

This mess is affecting you guys a LOT more than us.   

Thank you for everything you've done for so many cruisers over these years.  I just hate that 

y'all are having to change your entire livelihood due to this damn virus.  

Thank you for your help, @AnnetteJackson. While youve only assisted me once, it was greatly appreciated and was a brick in the foundation in what I trust will be a working relationship for some time. You, and the other agents, will be in my prayers and I wish nothing but the best in yalls future endeavors! Ill raise my next glass in your honor! 

happy hour drinking GIF

17 minutes ago, Floski said:

Just got my notification from MEI that Stephanie is no longer with them.

My new TA is Beth Dickerson.  I'm not familiar with her name, but look forward

to our future dealings.

Same here.  I called the number and I got a generic recording.  I hope to get in touch with Beth Dickerson soon just to establish our communication line.

2 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I hope to get in touch with Beth Dickerson soon just to establish our communication line.

I've already sent an email to my new TA. Our cruise isn't scheduled until Oct and we are going to rebook for next year anyways as soon as it's official cancelled, so no real hurry for us.