Cruise Planner Problem

YOLO

I am wondering if anyone else is having Cruise Planner problems?  I searched and didn't find any similar issues.  On May 22nd I did a cancel and re-purchase (as recommended by @Matt ) on a 3N Dining package for our November Harmony cruise.  It should have saved me $32, but to this point (it will be a month on Monday) it has cost me $198 dollars extra.  Essentially, RCL charged me for the new purchase but never gave me a refund for my cancellation.  I made the transaction with my RCL Credit Card.  This is really starting to piss me off.  I called two weeks ago and waited about 45 minutes to talk to someone who could only say that I have to wait because RCL is busy.  I have the confirmation emails right in front of me.  I received them 4 minutes apart - first the cancelation and then purchase.  Convenient how they can instantly charge me, but take over a month to process my refund.  Anyone else?

Geez...you'd think they could get the easy stuff right !!!

I would take the easy way out on this one and just file a CC dispute.  You KNOW you will win this one and it's a lot easier than trying to screw around with their inept CS team.

Take pix of the cancellation notification and send it all in as part of the dispute.

1 minute ago, YOLO said:

Could RCL be actually putting CP items on sale hoping for not only new sales, but maybe as a bait and switch?  That means they are sort of doubling up on those loyal to royal...

I have wondered if they viewed their recent sales as a way of getting a short-term loan from their customers.  I hope they are not doing this, but one begins to wonder after a bit.....

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I would take the easy way out on this one and just file a CC dispute.  You KNOW you will win this one and it's a lot easier than trying to screw around with their inept CS team.

Thanks for your opinion.  I was hoping to avoid doing this.  But I may need to do this.  I am now starting to wonder if my paid-for cruise and my cruise deposits are in jeopardy too.

Dispute with BOFA RCL VISA. I am currently charged for two of the same excursions and have not been refunded. Over $3K owed to me. I filed my dispute with BOFA last week. They've not credited me, but I don't owe anything. N.S! I am hoping that BOFA's dispute department is more competent that the RCL refunds department, at this point.

On the Cruise Planner refunds topic: when my May trip was announced as cancelled I jumped right into the CP and cancelled all my CP purchases and got them refunded a few weeks later.

Do you think I should do that again with my cancelled August CP items or do you suggest I wait?

I don't think anyone probably has an answer and I am not a fan of asking 'what would you do' questions but there it is.

13 hours ago, PRebecca said:

On the Cruise Planner refunds topic: when my May trip was announced as cancelled I jumped right into the CP and cancelled all my CP purchases and got them refunded a few weeks later.

Do you think I should do that again with my cancelled August CP items or do you suggest I wait?

I don't think anyone probably has an answer and I am not a fan of asking 'what would you do' questions but there it is.

Depends if you want a refund or want to get the 125% CP credit.  

Even if you cancel it today for a refund to your CC you will be waiting 45+ days...

@YOLO YES! I made some changes due to Cruise Planner sale & have been waiting since April, 22, 2020 To make matters worse they did refund two (2) Chops Lunch right away, BUT I purchased and cancelled three (3). Then they said it was MY BANK, then thank goodness I had a patient representative they said while it looked like and showed 3 were processed when they dug deeper they found one never went through (after digging) Now it is well after the 45 days and still waiting for now just under $3,000.00 Not to mention FCC's on cancelled sailing. I will not pay one more dime until I get my money back. I called, I sent an email, I went on their social media, I have heard NOTHING. It is really turning me sour on RCCL and I never thought that could happen. So sad.

sad hotel transylvania GIF

5 minutes ago, YOLO said:

@Neesa  Gee, I am so sorry to hear this news.  This is very sad.  I wonder if even trying to get my deposit back for next year's Anthem Group Cruise will be a problem if I cancel.  I am not sure we want to go to Norway next summer.  Love your sad face giffy...

If it helps, we got our refund back within 2 weeks for our deposit on the Brilliance Group Cruise.

I'm holding out hope for the Anthem GC.  It's too soon for me to know about next summer.

@YOLO while I'm super sad right now I am a realist, if I cancel next year's sailings I will kick my own booty, I love being on the water. I would imagine going to Norway might present much different challenges then the Caribbean. BUT, do what you feel comfortable doing. Once they get a handle on this all will be well, it just stinks waiting. Like @SpeedNoodles stated FCC does come and in all fairness to RCCL albeit undeserving in my estimation and being transparent my FCC is supposed to come June 30, so I'm not there for that yet. Happy Decisions!!

So I cancelled a few CP purchases before my L&S on June 4th. Just got the money today, it said it was credited on June 20th...but I check my CC daily. It makes me think RCCI is pushing through refunds but some CC companies hold them.  I cancelled the rest on June 15th so I am hoping to see a refund around the 10th of July or so. I think they refund CP purchases you cancel faster than if it is cancelled by a cancelled sailing. Or there is no rhyme or reason to how any of this works.

On 6/20/2020 at 5:59 AM, Crazycruiser50 said:

I am at the 47 day mark.  I called 2 days ago at the 45 day mark and they said, “sorry just a few more days.”

I will let you know if the money ever shows up on my CC.  Dispute is next.  

I am in the same boat.  Canceled cruise planner purchases on May 18 and still waiting for refunds... 

12 minutes ago, Funeegal said:

I am in the same boat.  Canceled cruise planner purchases on May 18 and still waiting for refunds... 

Most refunds from May seem to be taking 45 business days. So that doesn't count weekends or holidays.  You're only at day 29 (unfortunately).  

FYI, I just figured I would follow up on this thread.  I just received my $230 cruise planner refund back to my BOA RCL Visa.  It was dated July 4th.  I wonder if RCL was working that day.  Anyway that was a frustrating 44 days for something that usually takes less than 4 minutes.  I am just glad it is done.  BUT, now I have a $230 Visa credit to deal with when it only should have been been $32...

40 minutes ago, YOLO said:

BUT, now I have a $230 Visa credit to deal with when it only should have been been $32...

Cannot speak for BOA but Chase has been a simple 2 minute phone call to request my negative balance be returned. It is frustrating, paying a bill that you know "any day now" the refund should post... but at 17% interest, whatcha going to do. Ugh!

2 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

Cannot speak for BOA but Chase has been a simple 2 minute phone call to request my negative balance be returned. It is frustrating, paying a bill that you know "any day now" the refund should post... but at 17% interest, whatcha going to do. Ugh!

@sk8erguy1978 YES!  Exactly this !!!   In the end I saved $32 dollars on the 3 Night Dining Package, but in the short term I had to pay about double the item cost prior to the refund.  I understand that others are going through a heck of a lot more than this, but I wish that RCL would not complicate the small stuff.  Aren't they just creating more work for themselves while already are running on a short staff?  I don't get it...