Cruise industry announces US sailing suspension extended until Sept. 15

Ok I’ll throw someone a life jacket ? ........

We will cruise when foreign ports open. Remember, the US are not the only ports in the world. Royal sails out of several foreign ports. I’ll be curious if any non CLIA lines will start up sooner in Europe. (If there are any!) 

The suspension is for vessels over 250 passengers. I think these river cruises are still a go, in the US and Europe. 

They’re the guinea pigs in this. I’ll ask my friend who’s a hotel director for American Queen. From what he said the other day, they are still starting up July and August. Although with the recent spike in cases, they may extend as well. 

I realize it’s on a miniature scale but I’m sure the big guys will be paying attention to how they’re doing. 

Im going to continue to hold onto that sliver of hope my mid October Symphony is a go. It replaces my canceled May. Our FCC’s will fully pay that October cruise and all but $300 of our Italy/Greece Odyssey in 2021. 

I just hope the lines can hold out a little bit longer. 

1 minute ago, bossdog421 said:

Just shy of my 9/20/20. If oasis still sails I'll be the first on her once things resume. 

Not going to cancel or shift. I'll test out new procedures for everyone. 

I will be interested to hear all about it so I really hope you sail. I thought our Sept 6th Oasis cruise might be one of the first out of NJ. 

I have heard rumors over the last week that NY/NJ cruises are finished for 2020 into 2021. This is from a TA source. Actually a TA CEO source. 

2 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I will be interested to hear all about it so I really hope you sail. I thought our Sept 6th Oasis cruise might be one of the first out of NJ. 

I have heard rumors over the last week that NY/NJ cruises are finished for 2020 into 2021. This is from a TA source. Actually a TA CEO source. 

Would suck if they did but ill wait for the official announcement.

Some other vacation source will be glad to take my money im sure.

6 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Would suck if they did but ill wait for the official announcement.

Some other vacation source will be glad to take my money im sure.

Everything sucks at the moment. We have more mess to go through. May cruise cancelled, got the FCC, used some got Sept 6. Now we have to see our options. Looking at August 22, 2021 if by a miracle they are up and cruising by then. 

1 hour ago, bossdog421 said:

Just shy of my 9/20/20. If oasis still sails I'll be the first on her once things resume. 

Not going to cancel or shift. I'll test out new procedures for everyone. 

Yep... as of now, Royal has removed all sailings out of Cape Liberty through mid-SEPT (and Miami, etc.)... the only three sailings that can be booked as of this moment are Adventure on 9/19/20 and Oasis on 9/20/20 & 9/27/20... the announcement is likely inevitable early next week... ?

image.thumb.png.217a1eca04d8fc0a8f094332230b58d8.png

image.thumb.png.5c1ca347e58d4e8bcd22765d186a6844.png